Windows 10: Windows can't be installed on disk

Discus and support Windows can't be installed on disk in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After receiving a BSOD which said critical process terminated, my inspiron 7567 would not boot up anymore, giving an error that there is no bootable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ilyaszviel, May 17, 2020.

1. Windows can't be installed on disk

After receiving a BSOD which said critical process terminated, my inspiron 7567 would not boot up anymore, giving an error that there is no bootable device, and to check the cable. Upon doing a diagnostic through Bios, there was no issue found. Therefore I decided to reinstall windows via a USB using the media creation tool.

1. If i use the Raid mode in the SATA operation menu, the pc does not boot from the USB and gives a PNP watchdog error and restarts, going in a constant loop.
    2. If i use the AHCI option in SATA operation menu, the pc goes through the windows setup, but on the drive (to install windows on) menu, it shows that the disc space is unalocated, and can not be installed on it. Therefore I tried cleaning the disk through diskpart, which succeeds, but converting it to GPT gives an I/O error and fails. The disk details in this mode also show that it has no volume.

Any sort of help will be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/ilyaszviel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ilyaszviel, May 17, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 17, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 17, 2020
  4. Windows can't be installed on disk

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows can't be installed on disk

1. Windows can't be installed on disk - Similar Threads - can't installed disk

2. Can't Install Windows after Hard disk format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Windows after Hard disk format.: I installed Windows and Linux on my system as a dual boot.Unfortunately I upgraded a 64 bit version of windows 8.1 but due to low ram I was facing a lot of difficulties so I decided to go back to the 32 bit version but I could not install it as my system's architecture was 64...
  3. Can't Install Windows after Hard disk format.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Install Windows after Hard disk format.: I installed Windows and Linux on my system as a dual boot.Unfortunately I upgraded a 64 bit version of windows 8.1 but due to low ram I was facing a lot of difficulties so I decided to go back to the 32 bit version but I could not install it as my system's architecture was 64...
  4. Can't boot windows 10 from installation disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot windows 10 from installation disk: I dual booted ubuntu and win10 for a while. Then tried deleting both and doing a windows fresh install alone but now my laptop says windows installation disk is invalid operating system. I can boot Ubuntu installation disk and from gparted on Ubuntu live disk i deleted all...
  5. Windows can't install because of disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows can't install because of disk: A few days ago, I installed Linux on my laptop and wanted to change back to windows, but i get error I have to format system disk to continue. The format button on setup is grayed out. I have FAT32 file system, not NFTS. Can anyone help me?...
  6. Can't install Windows 10 from a USB Disk

Can't install Windows 10 from a USB Disk: I have a ROG G20AJ Bios Version 0703 x64 Windows 10 Around 3 years of use. A while ago, my pc would turn on but the CPU fans would instantly stop and I wouldn't be able to interact with anything at all, just an infinite loop of turning the monitor on and off. A friend of...
  7. Can't install W10 from flash disk

Can't install W10 from flash disk: Just d/l-ed W10 to a USB thumb drive via the MediaCreationTool2004.exe Comp Mgmt tells me it's FAT32 It looks like this: [img] When I power on the computer I am trying to install to, I see the thumb drive flash a few times. But I can't boot from it; I get: Reboot and...
  8. Can't install Windows 10 disk not detected.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install Windows 10 disk not detected.: Hi all. I'm going crazy. I have a brand new laptop. Seriously it's 1 day old. I want to remove the bloat and install a fresh copy of 10, but when I boot to my USB key, the installation can't see the hard disk. Diskpart also cannot see the disk. Diskpart does see the...
  9. Can't access disk during boot with newly installed raid disks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't access disk during boot with newly installed raid disks: I'm using win10 and I'm updating my disks with intel vroc. I can install new system on the raid disk with loading the vroc driver during installation and successfully boot into this new system. But when I want to use the old system without windows installation with vroc...
  10. Can't seem to make a recovery disk or install disk

Can't seem to make a recovery disk or install disk: I've tried using the "Create a Recovery Drive" and have tried making my own installation media using the "Media Creation Tool". Both seem to do nothing, just constantly search. The Media Creation Tool stays on the "getting a few things ready" screen for upwards of half an...