Windows 10: Windows cant be installed on this disk

Discus and support Windows cant be installed on this disk in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to try installing windows 10 on my really old HDD of 80GB.. BUT on setup it says WINDOWS CANT BE INSTALLED ON THIS DISK, and try fixing it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ajtazer, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Windows cant be installed on this disk

I want to try installing windows 10 on my really old HDD of 80GB.. BUT on setup it says WINDOWS CANT BE INSTALLED ON THIS DISK, and try fixing it in BIOS. I searched the same error and i found that i have to switch my SATA mode from SATA to AHCII. But in my BIOS i cant find any OPTIONS like that.. a menu i suspect is ON CHIP SERIAL ATA, which have the following options DISABLED, AUTO, COMBINED, ENHANCED & SATA ONLY. I TRIED resetting it to factory defaults but then it didn't even detected my HDD in setup.. Please tell me if thats the correct menu to switch to AHCII mode if yes which option should i choose? Thanks in Advance And sorry for my LACK of Knowledge here {u'll notice that}

submitted by /u/ajtazer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ajtazer, Oct 24, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 24, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Windows cant be installed on this disk

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows cant be installed on this disk

1. Windows cant be installed on this disk - Similar Threads - cant installed disk

2. I cant install windows after formatting disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant install windows after formatting disk.: Hi. I was formatting my disk on my old computer, so i could install everything from the beginning. But now when i'm turning on my computer i see only this : i have windows on my pendrive. When i started computer from USB it seems like everything is good, the windows tool to...
  3. I cant install windows after formatting disk.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant install windows after formatting disk.: Hi. I was formatting my disk on my old computer, so i could install everything from the beginning. But now when i'm turning on my computer i see only this : i have windows on my pendrive. When i started computer from USB it seems like everything is good, the windows tool to...
  4. disk 0mb, cant install any operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk 0mb, cant install any operating system: i have no os on my disk and when i try to install any operating system windows, ubuntu etc. my disk shows up as 0mb. i dont know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-0mb-cant-install-any-operating-system/ff148144-8c1b-4aee-869b-56042dbb26b4
  5. disk 0mb, cant install any operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk 0mb, cant install any operating system: i have no os on my disk and when i try to install any operating system windows, ubuntu etc. my disk shows up as 0mb. i dont know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-0mb-cant-install-any-operating-system/ff148144-8c1b-4aee-869b-56042dbb26b4
  6. Cant install a game on my Volume E: disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant install a game on my Volume E: disk: Hello, i am trying to download forza horizon 4 on my second disk drive, when i click on install then select my other disk drive and hit intall it turns gray for 2 seconds and then it goes back to blue like nothing happend. I saw a question where you went in...
  7. Cant install Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant install Windows: hello guys so i wanted to install win 10 using usb and when i was at the partion part i restarted my pc (btw they have been deleted) and now when i try to boot from anything it says "reboot and select proper boot device". i tried to switch usb ports but didnt work thx...
  8. C: disk aways full and windows download update and cant install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: disk aways full and windows download update and cant install: Hello. C: Disk is aways full im delete 2gb or 10 gb and after delete im not download and install nothing and after few hours is full again. Im try so mutch solution but don't work. Im looking windows try to update microsoft office 2013 but im not have office 2013 im have...
  9. Cant install windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant install windows: Ok I dont get it I have loaded windows 10 on CD and on USB using Rufus Pc has Linux on it Because i cant install windows my pc will not boot from my cd or my usb i did go to BIOS and changed how pc Boots still no help But if i put the Linux cd it will boot I need...
  10. Disk Cleanup cant remove 44GB of old windows installations

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup cant remove 44GB of old windows installations: Hey I decided today to cleanup my C:/ drive a bit, and I saw that I have a windows.old file. Its size is 4.52GB on disk. When I started Disk Cleanup, it said I can 44.6GB worth of old windows installations. does not seem right at all since windows.old is at 4.52GB only. Is...