Windows 10: Windows can't boot and it only takes me to the recovery page but all my files are still...

Discus and support Windows can't boot and it only takes me to the recovery page but all my files are still... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop won't boot I've tried the command prompt BCD lines, nothing, I tried a boot repair disk, nothing but I have a Windows iso on a usb and I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/skatersagainsthaters, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Windows can't boot and it only takes me to the recovery page but all my files are still...

My laptop won't boot I've tried the command prompt BCD lines, nothing, I tried a boot repair disk, nothing but I have a Windows iso on a usb and I can see my files are still there.

How do I recover windows and boot in so I don't lose all my files?

submitted by /u/skatersagainsthaters
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/skatersagainsthaters, Nov 15, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Nov 15, 2019
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Nov 15, 2019
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Windows can't boot and it only takes me to the recovery page but all my files are still...

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows can't boot and it only takes me to the recovery page but all my files are still...

1. Windows can't boot and it only takes me to the recovery page but all my files are still... - Similar Threads - can't boot takes

2. I just changed the amount of ram on my computer and it isn't booting. It takes me to a page...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just changed the amount of ram on my computer and it isn't booting. It takes me to a page...: I just changed the amount of ram from 6gb to 8gb, and I added a WiFi card. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-changed-the-amount-of-ram-on-my-computer/5197ad7d-f47f-4128-baae-d7cc0a2d71a4
  3. I just changed the amount of ram on my computer and it isn't booting. It takes me to a page...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just changed the amount of ram on my computer and it isn't booting. It takes me to a page...: I just changed the amount of ram from 6gb to 8gb, and I added a WiFi card. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-changed-the-amount-of-ram-on-my-computer/5197ad7d-f47f-4128-baae-d7cc0a2d71a4
  4. Laptop won't take me to desktop page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won't take me to desktop page: Hello! I've ran into a problem on my laptop. I've had it for years now but never had this problem before. When starting it up, I've managed to get to the password screen, put my password in but then the screen won't take me to the desktop page. Last night, the page must have...
  5. Can't take read only of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't take read only of files: Hi i cant take read only off files. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-take-read-only-of-files/40ab6786-f6fb-4f4e-8f48-5a24a1d25ba1
  6. Lost admin acct, deleted all my files, Lost windows access, only boots to Recovery.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost admin acct, deleted all my files, Lost windows access, only boots to Recovery.: This it's my Fiancé's laptop and not mine, so I'm going off of what info I've been able to get online & the sparing info from him himself to be able to get some further advice about what to do here. I'm sorry if I seem all over the place, just trying to take everything into...
  7. The page I reserch wonn't take me to it

The page I reserch wonn't take me to it: Hmmm...can’t reach this page Try this Make sure you’ve got the right web address: https://www.panopto Search for "https://www.panopto" on Bing Refresh the page Details Report this issue...
  8. Windows 10 will only boot into recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will only boot into recovery: Hi, I have a dual boot laptop running Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu, and for no apparent reason, I am suddenly unable to boot into Windows 10, it just goes straight into recovery. I can still boot into Ubuntu and access the Windows 10 drives, and everything looks fine. The...
  9. all my files are read only and can't be changed

all my files are read only and can't be changed: All of my files have become read only files and I can no longer right to them regardless of what I do to change them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-are-read-only-and-cant-be-changed/00b2e9c1-b282-4ac5-a4b2-11d560d2243d"
  10. Deleted some files and the pc will take me to the system recovery and I can't figure out...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted some files and the pc will take me to the system recovery and I can't figure out...: So a while ago i delete some files in my pc because it was getting overloaded with services and it was making my ram slow, after I deleted the files, it restarted and it takes me to the "choose a option" screen with only troubleshoot, and turn off your pc. When I click the...