Windows 10: Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

Discus and support Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, a few days ago i turned on my PC and my wallpaper was black and i couldnt use the taskbar. as i restarted it did automatic repairs, check disks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rekius, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Rekius Win User

Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

Hello, a few days ago i turned on my PC and my wallpaper was black and i couldnt use the taskbar. as i restarted it did automatic repairs, check disks and all that. ive tried them again and again and none of them have unfortunately worked and at times gave me a BSOD with the error CRITICAL SYSTEM ERROR and no i cannot access the dump file so i just made a windows 10 installation USB, plugged it in and tried to reinstall windows 10. while it did that, after installing files then installing features during the process. when it asks to restart the pc in 10 seconds and restarts it takes me back

:)

Rekius, Jul 2, 2022

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 2, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 2, 2022
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either! - Similar Threads - can't boot can't

2. Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!: Hello, a few days ago i turned on my PC and my wallpaper was black and i couldnt use the taskbar. as i restarted it did automatic repairs, check disks and all that. ive tried them again and again and none of them have unfortunately worked and at times gave me a BSOD with the...
  3. Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!: Hello, a few days ago i turned on my PC and my wallpaper was black and i couldnt use the taskbar. as i restarted it did automatic repairs, check disks and all that. ive tried them again and again and none of them have unfortunately worked and at times gave me a BSOD with the...
  4. PC can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!: Hello, a few days ago i turned on my PC and my wallpaper was black and i couldnt use the taskbar. as i restarted it did automatic repairs, check disks and all that. ive tried them again and again and none of them have unfortunately worked and at times gave me a BSOD with the...
  5. PC can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!: Hello, a few days ago i turned on my PC and my wallpaper was black and i couldnt use the taskbar. as i restarted it did automatic repairs, check disks and all that. ive tried them again and again and none of them have unfortunately worked and at times gave me a BSOD with the...
  6. PC can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can't boot into Windows Installation Media.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into Windows Installation Media.: Title, it just gives me a black screen. Both secure and fast boot are disabled, UEFI only, I did try UEFI+Legacy but that didn't work. I have reflashed multiple times to no avail, my motherboard model is an MSI H170M PRO-VDH and I've got a GTX 1650 and i5 6400 in my system....
  8. Can't install windows apps and can't login to windows store either and can't link my...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install windows apps and can't login to windows store either and can't link my...: Hey, I had to call in to Microsoft a few days ago and yesterday and was on the phone for hours and did several things with them which ultimately made my PC worse and had issues that my pc didn't even have before I called in, so I had to factory reset it choosing a clean...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot. Can't get recovery screen to load either

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot. Can't get recovery screen to load either: So I turned off the computer while Windows 10 was updating, and then I wasn't able to turn it back on again without it showing the Dell logo then going to a blank black screen. Holding down the power button to shut it off a few times is suppose to bring up this menu which...
  10. Can't boot to my Windows 10 installation....

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot to my Windows 10 installation....: I have a Windows 10 installation on the same disk as my Windows 8.1 drive. A Linux installation is on the same drive and that can boot just fine. It's only Windows 10 that I can't boot to. Not even a doing a Startup repair solves the problem because startup repair doesn't...