Windows 10: Windows Can't Boot Into Safe Mode but can Boot Normally

Discus and support Windows Can't Boot Into Safe Mode but can Boot Normally in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey Everyone, I have Bootcamp running Windows on my 2019 Mac Pro. Whenever it boots into normal Windows it boots perfectly and has no issues. But,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hepyrian, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Hepyrian Win User

Windows Can't Boot Into Safe Mode but can Boot Normally

Hey Everyone,

I have Bootcamp running Windows on my 2019 Mac Pro. Whenever it boots into normal Windows it boots perfectly and has no issues. But, when I try to boot it into safe mode, it goes completely dark. My monitor says it has no signal, and the computer just sits there forever and never, at least visually, boots into windows. All the lights are on on the computer, mouse, and keyboard I'm using wired ones. I can still boot into MacOS just fine. The only solution I can figure out on how to fix this is to completely wipe my Windows side and rebuild it, and that's not something I really want to do.

After a few times of trying to get it to boot into safe mode however, Windows thinks something is wrong and will force itself to boot into safe mode every time the computer tries to boot into Windows, effectively making Windows impossible to boot into unless I destroy and rebuild it. I just cannot figure out how to force windows to boot normally or how to get safe mode to work. Mashing F8 doesn't do anything. I've tried multiple monitors and no matter what there's no signal. If there's anything I can do from the Mac side or some key I have to hold to get it to work properly I'd love to know. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm sort of at my wit's end and I can't figure it out.

I can access every file in the bootcamp drive, so if I can change the text of something or the configurations by directly editing a file, that option is available, but I wouldn't know what to edit or what to do.

Thanks

:)

Hepyrian, Jul 26, 2020

2. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Jul 26, 2020
  3. coopfab Win User
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Windows Can't Boot Into Safe Mode but can Boot Normally

PC stuck in Safe mode, unable to boot to Normal mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What error do you get when you try to boot in normal mode?
    • Did you entered Safe mode through Windows Recovery Environment or through System Config?

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig and hit enter.
    • On the General tab, tap or click the Normal Startup option.
    • On the Boot tab, uncheck all the option under Safe mode.
    • Tap or click OK, when you are prompted to restart the computer, tap or click Restart.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows Can't Boot Into Safe Mode but can Boot Normally

1. Windows Can't Boot Into Safe Mode but can Boot Normally - Similar Threads - Can't Boot Safe

2. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode: It gets to the windows logo with the spinning dots and just stays there. Tried safe mode and it did the same thing.I've ran chkdsk and SFC in the recovery environment, found no problems with my windows drive.Leading up to this my pc was freezing when idle no BSOD just froze...
  3. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode: It gets to the windows logo with the spinning dots and just stays there. Tried safe mode and it did the same thing.I've ran chkdsk and SFC in the recovery environment, found no problems with my windows drive.Leading up to this my pc was freezing when idle no BSOD just froze...
  4. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Force a normal boot out of safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force a normal boot out of safe mode: I recently discovered I had a Trojan infection on my pc. When searching for basic troubleshooting, I found out booting on Safe Mode was going to help out. The problem is that when I try to boot onto safe mode, the pc shows no display and stays on without me able to see a...
  6. Force a normal boot out of safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force a normal boot out of safe mode: I recently discovered I had a Trojan infection on my pc. When searching for basic troubleshooting, I found out booting on Safe Mode was going to help out. The problem is that when I try to boot onto safe mode, the pc shows no display and stays on without me able to see a...
  7. Can't boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into safe mode.: Every time I try to boot into safe mode it always tries to do an automatic repair and fails to repair.I can still boot normally just not in safe mode. This from the log: Root cause found: Boot critical file g:\windows\system32\drivers\ramdisk.sys is corrupt. Repair...
  8. Boot Up - Safe vs normal mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot Up - Safe vs normal mode: My PC always Boots up into 'SAFE mode'. How do I Boot up in normal mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-up-safe-vs-normal-mode/5aa99c05-5456-4fe6-a38c-6765b8046b9c
  9. Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode: In MSconfig I set windows to boot into safe mode, now it will not boot at all. Previously it booted into normal mode. I used a Windows recovery disc from which the only option that works is the command prompt. From the cmd prompt I can see all of C: drive and also run...
  10. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...