Windows 10: Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (Primary DNS Server) every ~10 minutes

Discus and support Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (Primary DNS Server) every ~10 minutes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running the troubleshooter gives this error every time my internet disconnects, which is pretty often. It's not a complete disconnection though,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dylan MES, Feb 13, 2019.

1. dylan MES Win User

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (Primary DNS Server) every ~10 minutes

Running the troubleshooter gives this error every time my internet disconnects, which is pretty often. It's not a complete disconnection though, multiplayer games that I'm in stay connected until they are over, it's only after something new happens do I find that I'm disconnected. After this, I run the troubleshooter, do whatever I want to do, then repeat until the next day when the same happens. This has been going on for a few months now, but I have always just opened the troubleshooter whenever it disconnected.

Here's the image of the troubleshooter that appears after my connection is fixed by it. Sorry I don't know how to make it smaller, this is my first post here.

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (Primary DNS Server) every ~10 minutes 7f2e78bf-2c60-43a3-9b3a-bef14e9360c0?upload=true.png

This was a little hard to explain, so please comment if you need any clarification or more information, I would be happy to give it.

:)

dylan MES, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Delade Win User

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server) Detected Detected The device or resource is not responding to requests.

I’ve been getting this error for the past few days on my computer.

It happens around 1-10 times per hour and disconnects me from the internet for about 30 seconds, then my internet goes back to normal.

What I’ve tried to fix this:

• Made sure DPCP Client and DNS Client are running in services.msc
    • Tried both Obtain DNS server address automatically and using a static DNS server address (currently have it set to obtain automatically as that was my default)
    As admin, I’ve run the following commands (with some computer restarts):

• ipconfig/flushdns
    • ipconfig/registerdns
    • ipconfig/release
    • ipconfig/renew
    • netsh int ip reset
    I've also restarted my router, but nothing has worked so far. As far as I know this computer is the only one affected by it and this issue has started happening after a clean windows install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Delade, Feb 13, 2019
  3. windows cant communicate with the device or resource (primary dns server)

You don't need DNS for local connections, e.g. for Homegroup or Workgroup. Is that working? If not, it would be a simpler case to work on first.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Adam_L_Ma Win User

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (Primary DNS Server) every ~10 minutes

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)

Thank you for your quick reply. I have performed all troubleshooting steps and stated to no prevail.

When I ran the internet connections troubleshoot it stated that windows can't communicate with device or resource (primary DNS server).

The Network adapter troubleshoot stated that my conputer isappears to be correctly configured but device or resource (dns server) is not responding.

The hardware and devices stated that it could not identify any problems.

I went through all the steps provided by the microsoft help link. Including resetting my network in order to reinstall network devices.

when i ran the windows update trubbleshoot it said it fixed a database issue however it also said the my connection to the internet was broken. And the Sfc scan didnt find anything.

now all troubleshooters state that the connection between my access point, router, or cable modem and internet is broken. (I've tried resetting the router again)

Adam_L_Ma, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (Primary DNS Server) every ~10 minutes - Similar Threads - can't communicate device

2. Windows can't communicate with the device or resource primary DNS server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can't communicate with the device or resource primary DNS server: Hey, I know this isn't the first question on the topic, but no tips I found solved my problem. I have a desktop computer whose internet connection via ethernet cable stopped working.If I run Windows Troubleshooter for Network Adapter, I get the following messages:"Windows...
  3. Windows can't communicate with the device or resource primary DNS server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can't communicate with the device or resource primary DNS server: Hey, I know this isn't the first question on the topic, but no tips I found solved my problem. I have a desktop computer whose internet connection via ethernet cable stopped working.If I run Windows Troubleshooter for Network Adapter, I get the following messages:"Windows...
  4. Windows can't communicate with the device or resource primary DNS server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows can't communicate with the device or resource primary DNS server

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows can't communicate with the device or resource primary DNS server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows can't communicate with the device or resource primary DNS server

8. Windows 10 Pro can't communicate with the device or resource primary DNS server

Windows 10 Pro can't communicate with the device or resource primary DNS server: Hi, I need help. I just installed windows 10 pro on my Lenovo Ideapad. At first, the wifi worked normal after I installed it on my notebook. Then, I updated the Windows to the latest version and installed it again on my notebook. But after I updated Windows, the connection...
  9. Error: Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary dns server)

Error: Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary dns server): Windows carnt communicate with the device or resource (primary dns server) ***Original title: Windows carnt communicate with the device or resource (primary dns server)***...
  10. Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server): My internet has been working fine, then I leave for an hour and come back to this error. After hours of troubleshooting, I've practically given up. I've tried to update network drivers, run command prompt ipconfig commands, restart the computer, reinstall the last windows...