Windows 10: Windows cant connect to Microsoft account

Discus and support Windows cant connect to Microsoft account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I upgraded my pc to win 10 after my 7 install ran into connection problems. After the install i could never connect to anything Microsoft. I can run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gintro, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Gintro Win User

Windows cant connect to Microsoft account

I upgraded my pc to win 10 after my 7 install ran into connection problems. After the install i could never connect to anything Microsoft. I can run chrome fine, anything else can connect to the net. All the other pc's in the house can connect to Microsoft "stuff", but not mine. My account is fine since I am posting on it, but even "Help" can't display pages. My pc seems to have a problem connecting to Microsoft.

I have chased this down with live chat support for a while but it always comes up with nothing. Complete re-installs have not fixed it, and I have tried all the fixes I can find online.

My pc is old and I have already ran into the problems with my motherboard not being able to retrieve ip addresses automatically. i have to manually input my ip address in settings. That said replacing it is not something I can do at the moment and it does everything i need it to do, so here I am.

When I try to "sign in using a Microsoft account" it does the spinney circles for a second and then goes to a page the says "something went wrong"

:)

Gintro, Feb 22, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows cant connect to Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows cant connect to Microsoft account - Similar Threads - cant connect Microsoft

2. Cant connect to microsoft services?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant connect to microsoft services?: Hello, I have recently not been able to connect to many Microsoft services. The first problem I noticed was the SmartScreen, I went in settings and turned off and back on again, but It still says it can't be reached. When I try to go to the Microsoft store, I get this...
  3. Cant connect to microsoft services?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant connect to microsoft services?: Hello, I have recently not been able to connect to many Microsoft services. The first problem I noticed was the SmartScreen, I went in settings and turned off and back on again, but It still says it can't be reached. When I try to go to the Microsoft store, I get this...
  4. Cant connect to microsoft services?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant sign into Microsoft account: I reset my password due to the Twitch leak which might have contained passwords. Now that i have to sign back into some applications through the login box below its not allowing me to type in anything so i cant login. I tried searching for a solution already but the results...
  6. Cant sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant sign into Microsoft account: I reset my password due to the Twitch leak which might have contained passwords. Now that i have to sign back into some applications through the login box below its not allowing me to type in anything so i cant login. I tried searching for a solution already but the results...
  7. Cant sign in because windows cant connect to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant sign in because windows cant connect to Microsoft: So finished building a new computer yesterday. I thought I would link my Microsoft account to it. . Also I usually don't have my network adapters enabled because I use a app with my phone. So today I go to log on and screen says "Sign In." I click it and it says "just a...
  8. cant sign in to Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cant sign in to Microsoft account: so I was given this laptop from my school today to do my school work on and i went to log on to PowerPoint Microsoft it was telling me i have to log in with a school or business account but i have no idea how to log in because i dont remember being given an account to log on...
  9. Minecraft cant connect to my MIcrosoft store account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft cant connect to my MIcrosoft store account: hello there, I purchased minecraft for some days and im not able to connect it with my microsoft store account. what means i have to play offline all day long. is there someone who can tell me how i connect minecraft with my store account so I can play with my friends....
  10. windows cant sign in the microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows cant sign in the microsoft account.: my windows cant sign in my account i tried the way of YouTube and the solution given on google by deleting the temporary profile but still not solving the problem. I need help please help me solve the problem....