Windows 10: Windows Can't Control Volume of a Specific Audio Output (Xbox Wireless Headset thru Xbox...

Discus and support Windows Can't Control Volume of a Specific Audio Output (Xbox Wireless Headset thru Xbox... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently made the switch from Xbox to PC, and brought my Razer Thresher headset with me:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JuniorQuestion, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Windows Can't Control Volume of a Specific Audio Output (Xbox Wireless Headset thru Xbox...

So I recently made the switch from Xbox to PC, and brought my Razer Thresher headset with me:

(https://support.razer.com/gaming-headsets-and-audio/razer-thresher-for-xbox-one/)

I use it on my PC with the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10:

(https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/adapters/wireless-adapter-windows)

It's a nice headset that I really like using, and its operation on Windows 10 has been pretty flawless and easy except for one thing: Windows seems completely unable to control the audio at all. Mute, volume up/down, etc, don't function at all. Not with the media controls on my keyboard, or in the volume mixer, or in the sound area of the windows settings. Any changes are shown on screen but not reflected in the actual operation of the headset. It LOOKS like it works on screen, but doesn't.

The hardware controls present on the headset work as expected, but I can't figure out why the PC can't control this audio output. Changing the volume of individual programs in the volume mixer DOES have and effect but nothing changes the master volume or mute of this output.

It shows up in Windows as "Headphones (Xbox Controller), and is the default input / output device. I haven't been able to find any posts of this specific issue but based on some general googling I've tried disabling all other audio devices in the Device Manager, and I've tried restarting the "Windows Audio" and "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder" in the Services menu. I've also tried uninstalling both the headset and the adapter from the device list.

All volume controls work correctly on other audio outputs, such as my monitor's speakers.

All relevant drivers are up to date as far as I can tell. On Win10 2004 version.

One other odd thing is that I swear a few weeks ago when I first finished my build that it worked correctly, I swear I remember it being really loud and having to turn it way down almost immediately. Not sure what might have changed since then, if I'm remembering that correctly.

Not sure where to go from here. As I'm new to PC I'm similarly new to Windows, so I'm not sure what else to try. I understand this is a bit of a niche issue, but insight from anyone with more knowledge or a similar issue would be hugely appreciated!

(System Specs:

Mobo - Asus Prime Plus B550

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600x

GPU - Gigabyte RTX 2060)

submitted by /u/JuniorQuestion
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JuniorQuestion, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Design Your Xbox Wireless Controller With Xbox Design Lab

Source: Design Your Xbox Wireless Controller With Xbox Design Lab | Major Nelson

See also: Eight Million Ways to Personalize Your Xbox Wireless Controller with Xbox Design Lab - Xbox Wire

Brink, Sep 16, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Xbox One Controller Wireless PC Adapter help.

Source: Connect Xbox One Controller to Windows PC | Xbox One Accessories

In this situation, these two links might be helpful to you:

4. Brink Win User

Windows Can't Control Volume of a Specific Audio Output (Xbox Wireless Headset thru Xbox...

New Xbox Wireless Gaming Headsets Arrive This Fall

Source: New Xbox Wireless Gaming Headsets from LucidSound, Turtle Beach, and Razer Arrive This Fall - Xbox Wire

Brink, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows Can't Control Volume of a Specific Audio Output (Xbox Wireless Headset thru Xbox...

1. Windows Can't Control Volume of a Specific Audio Output (Xbox Wireless Headset thru Xbox... - Similar Threads - Can't Control Volume

2. Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume: I'm on a Windows 11 PC and I've connected an Xbox Wireless Headset using the Xbox Wireless Adapter and cable. There is a volume slider on the headset itself that works fine, but the headset is unaffected by the volume control on the actual computer.The volume works completely...
  3. Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume: I'm on a Windows 11 PC and I've connected an Xbox Wireless Headset using the Xbox Wireless Adapter and cable. There is a volume slider on the headset itself that works fine, but the headset is unaffected by the volume control on the actual computer.The volume works completely...
  4. Xbox Wireless Headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Wireless Headset: So recently I bought the xbox wireless headset and everytime i use like my microphone in a game or discord i cant hear what sounds are coming from where and it is really annoying and i really need help fixing....
  5. Xbox Wireless Headset

Xbox Wireless Headset: So recently I bought the xbox wireless headset and everytime i use like my microphone in a game or discord i cant hear what sounds are coming from where and it is really annoying and i really need help fixing....
  6. xbox wireless headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox wireless headset: so i have the xbox wireless headset and when i use it on my pc i have to use handsfree audio and mic to talk and hear but the audio quality is awful and if i try use stereo the sound completely cuts off when im using the microphone and can only hear games and talk with the...
  7. xbox wireless headset

xbox wireless headset: so i have the xbox wireless headset and when i use it on my pc i have to use handsfree audio and mic to talk and hear but the audio quality is awful and if i try use stereo the sound completely cuts off when im using the microphone and can only hear games and talk with the...
  8. Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume: I'm on a Windows 10 PC and I've connected an Xbox Wireless Headset using the Xbox Wireless Adapter. There is a volume slider on the headset itself that works fine, but the headset is unaffected by the volume control on the actual computer. This has to be a problem relating...
  9. Xbox Wireless Headset: Audio Balance Feature

Xbox Wireless Headset: Audio Balance Feature: Hey i would like to ask if the audio balance feature is only for Xbox or can i somehow activate it on my Windows 10 Education? If it's possible to activate it on pc please tell me how. So far my left earcup does nothing. Things i tried: Soft reset of pc and headset Hard...
  10. Xbox wireless headset w/ adapter cant control audio via windows controls

Xbox wireless headset w/ adapter cant control audio via windows controls: Hi. Ive had this problem for a good while now, since december 2020, but its not been a bother to me until now, now that i have a fancy keyboard with an audio controller that id like to put to use. I use the turtle beach stealth 700 gen 2, with the xbox wireless adapter. Its a...