Windows 10: windows can't detect hdd after maricum transfer

Discus and support windows can't detect hdd after maricum transfer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hello i successfully transferred my windows installation from hdd to ssd in the same machine using maricum reflect. how do i know it was successful?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BananaPeal2, Dec 18, 2018.

1. windows can't detect hdd after maricum transfer

hello

i successfully transferred my windows installation from hdd to ssd in the same machine using maricum reflect. how do i know it was successful? bootup took much less time. and SOME programs were popping up much faster.

as i was using it i noticed something strange. sometimes i'd click an app and it would run the clicky clicky noise from the regular hdd. this is very surprising because i cloned the entire drive. i decided to erase the old hdd. now finally. everything ran fast and silent like supposed to.

i let the computer sleep and run out of battery. upon waking computer, i am shocked to see a message from windows telling me it can't find "critical piece of hardware"

since i was sure my ssd didn't slide out or have any failure, i went ahead and installed Ubuntu linux from which i am typing to you now. i did this install alongside windows so i can still choose windows and see this ridiculous lie about not finding critical hardware

that is what that is. a lie. windows and all the programs are on the ssd. it's ALL there. it was working fine before sleep. then you tell me "critical hardware missing" no.. no its not missing.. you're all just maliciously lying to my face. imagine if i actually acted on this advice and took it to a repair shop! i wouldn't just be wasting time like i am now but also MONEY!

WOW. why does windows lie to me so blatantly and how can i make it turn on again? thanks...

:)

BananaPeal2, Dec 18, 2018

2. Data transfer

How can I transfer data (no programs or windows just setups and games)from one HDD to another please tell me all the steps, I have heard that in 2 sata if there is a window installed in both of them it could cause a problem. So, here is what I'm going to do so correct me if I'm wrong. both of them Are SATA WD

1 using XP CD going to delete the C partition in old HDD
    2 taking the HDD out
    4 partition the new HDD in new PC by using XP CD
    5 install Win 7
    6 connect the old HDD with SATA data and power cable
    7 check if it is detected in bios
    8 disk management initialize disk(i don't know if this is necessary)
    9 copy paste

ELiTRiGG3R, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Johankaan Win User

windows can't detect hdd after maricum transfer

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

windows can't detect hdd after maricum transfer

1. windows can't detect hdd after maricum transfer - Similar Threads - can't detect hdd

2. hdd detected in bios but not in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdd detected in bios but not in windows: My new HDD 3,5" 2TB hard drive is connected and detected in BIOS. But it doesn't show in OS. I cannot "install" it in computer management. If I use the command panel it doesn't show BUT, but I CAN see the drive in the device manager. From what I can tell there is no need for...
  3. External HDD not detecting after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD not detecting after Windows update: After the recent Windows update my HDD stopped getting detected. It had happened once before too but that time I had had to change the idle time and it had gotten fixed. So, I naturally thought that the update must have reset that setting and went and checked. It was fine. I...
  4. External HDD not detecting after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD not detecting after Windows update: After the recent Windows update my HDD stopped getting detected. It had happened once before too but that time I had had to change the idle time and it had gotten fixed. So, I naturally thought that the update must have reset that setting and went and checked. It was fine. I...
  5. External HDD not detecting after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. HDD Transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HDD Transfer: I have a pc with a hard drive that have windows 7 installed on it. I also have a pc with windows 10 Pro installed in it. The windows 10 pro PC's motherboard got damaged. So i thought of removing the windows 7 PC's HDD and put the HDD that has windows 10 pro installed on it...
  7. Window transfer - HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window transfer - HDD to SSD: Hello Everyone, I want to upgrade my 4yr old laptop's drive from HDD to SSD as it will improve my systems performance. I want to install a fresh Window 10 on SSD but unable to find my 'Window key' currently using window 10. Is there any way through which I can make...
  8. WINDOWS 10 HDD TRANSFER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINDOWS 10 HDD TRANSFER: while i was moving file to an external hdd from my windows 10 laptop it suddenly disconnect and reconnect. does the file other than the one i moved risk being corrupted?...
  9. Windows 10 Product Key after HDD transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Product Key after HDD transfer: I've upgraded my PC with some different hardware components and I had to re-install Windows. I did so utilizing a new disk because I could not boot from the original and I did not want to wipe it. I can't seem to find the Product Key using any third party software but I do...
  10. Transfer HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer HDD: I am upgrading my mobo from an Amd b350 to a x470. Since the oem key is tied to the mobo, do I just need a new key so that I can use the same HDD which has windows 10 pro and all my steam games onto the new mobo?/...