Windows 10: Windows can't detect internal microphone

Discus and support Windows can't detect internal microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I don't remember since when this started but suddenly the apps in my laptop can't detect the internal microphone. I have tried everything I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JecarYbanez, May 18, 2020.

1. Windows can't detect internal microphone

Hi, I don't remember since when this started but suddenly the apps in my laptop can't detect the internal microphone.

I have tried everything I can from troubleshooters to uninstalling the driver and then restarting the laptop but this is still the case. What should I do to have this fixed?

Windows can't detect internal microphone 417cea8d-efe3-49f4-afbc-55d6dd9d46e4?upload=true.png

:)

JecarYbanez, May 18, 2020

2. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, May 18, 2020
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Constant Muting Internal Microphone

Hi Terri,

If the internal microphone of your device is muting on its own, it can be due to an incompatible driver, broken system components or a software conflict has occurred. To isolate your concern, we’d like to confirm if you’ve made some
    changes and updates on your computer prior to the issue.

Additionally, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix any sound issues. Please check this
    article for the instructions and choose from the drop-down list for other troubleshooting
    steps that you can follow.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, May 18, 2020
  4. Windows can't detect internal microphone

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows can't detect internal microphone

1. Windows can't detect internal microphone - Similar Threads - can't detect internal

2. Dell Latitude 3410 can not detect the internal microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Latitude 3410 can not detect the internal microphone: I have a Dell Latitude 3410 that uses a Win 10 OS, that can not detect an internal microphone. I have performed the following troubleshooting steps.1.Ensured that the microphone settings were turned to on, as well as allowed/allowing programs to use the microphone2.Performed...
  3. Dell Latitude 3410 can not detect the internal microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Latitude 3410 can not detect the internal microphone: I have a Dell Latitude 3410 that uses a Win 10 OS, that can not detect an internal microphone. I have performed the following troubleshooting steps.1.Ensured that the microphone settings were turned to on, as well as allowed/allowing programs to use the microphone2.Performed...
  4. Dell Latitude 3410 can not detect the internal microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Headset Microphone can't be detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset Microphone can't be detected: Hi guys!I've used my headset with a microphone for over 2 years now. About a week ago I noticed that my microphone wasn't working properly, so I bought a new one, sine I wanted to buy a new one anyways. But now Windows cant detect the new microphone too. I've tried to look...
  6. Headset Microphone can't be detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Microphone can't be detected: Hi guys!I've used my headset with a microphone for over 2 years now. About a week ago I noticed that my microphone wasn't working properly, so I bought a new one, sine I wanted to buy a new one anyways. But now Windows cant detect the new microphone too. I've tried to look...
  7. Headset Microphone can't be detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Internal and External Microphone Not Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal and External Microphone Not Detected: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 7300 2n1 and I'm running a Windows Version of 10.0.19042 Build 19042. Both internal and external microphones are not being detected. All drivers are fully updated using the Dell SupportAssist app. I've attached a screenshot to describe this issue....
  9. Microphone detected but can't hear it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected but can't hear it.: My microphone is detected but I can't hear it. I have tested the mic with both my Sound Blaster X-AE5 PCI sound card and the motherboard integrated audio. In control panel/Sound/Recording the microphone has a green tick (detected) but no green bars register when speaking into...
  10. Microphone can't detect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone can't detect: I already try some methods for setting up my microphone. I can hear it in my headphone when I speak but when I try to set up in the control panel but it always say that "The Wizard could not start". I try to record but it say that I have to set up my microphone. When I check...