Windows 10: Windows can't detect my external microphone

Discus and support Windows can't detect my external microphone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 but I didn't like the built in mic for the purpose that I want to use it for so I bought an external mic, but windows can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TAAHIRisMe, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Windows can't detect my external microphone

I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 but I didn't like the built in mic for the purpose that I want to use it for so I bought an external mic, but windows can't detect my external mic. Does anyone have any suggestions? I think I tried everything.

:)

TAAHIRisMe, Sep 4, 2018

2. External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Windows can't detect my external microphone

Windows 10 not picking up external microphone through a combo jack (TRRS)

Hello Joshus,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

• When you say "The microphone works fine on OSX but when i tried to use it on windows 10 it does not recognize that there is an external microphone connected", do you mean the device does not get recognize
      although it works fine with Windows 10?
    • Did you try connecting another splitter and check if the issue persists?

Try using another external Microphone and check if its getting detected.

If the microphone is not working after connected to Windows 10 then follow the below suggestions:

I suggest you to follow the steps given by
    Wasim A
    in the below thread and check if it helps to resolve your issue:

Cortana can’t hear me – Microphone level keeps getting set to zero.

If the issue persists, Try following the steps listed by John Rubdy
    in the below thread and check if it helps:

Microphone not working in windows 10 build 9926

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows can't detect my external microphone

1. Windows can't detect my external microphone - Similar Threads - can't detect external

2. How to get my laptop to detect an external microphone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my laptop to detect an external microphone?: Hi there,I am currently using an Acer laptop Nitro 5, and have Windows 11 installed. I recently bought a new earpiece which comes with an external microphone. However, when I go to the audio settings, the only input option is "Microphone Array", which is the option for the...
  3. External Microphone Not Detecting Sound on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Microphone Not Detecting Sound on Windows 11: Device Specifications: Dell Inspiron 5510Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11390H @ 3.40GHz 2.92 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Windows...
  4. External Microphone Not Detecting Sound on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Microphone Not Detecting Sound on Windows 11: Device Specifications: Dell Inspiron 5510Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11390H @ 3.40GHz 2.92 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Windows...
  5. Internal and External Microphone Not Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal and External Microphone Not Detected: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 7300 2n1 and I'm running a Windows Version of 10.0.19042 Build 19042. Both internal and external microphones are not being detected. All drivers are fully updated using the Dell SupportAssist app. I've attached a screenshot to describe this issue....
  6. windows not detecting external microphone

windows not detecting external microphone: I am using a remax 195 hb headset which was working fine untill suddenly it's microphone is not detecting, I have tested the headset on other device and there its microphone is working just fine. But when connected to laptop hp 450 g4 its speaker is working just fine but...
  7. my computer is not detecting my external microphone

my computer is not detecting my external microphone: I have a ko8-2 microphone from Zeal Sound and my computer refuses to detect it I've tried to run mmsys.cpl as well as winver I cant uninstall the driver because the device does not even show up in the sound video and game controllers tab I've followed multiple threads to no...
  8. External microphone not detected; Windows 10

External microphone not detected; Windows 10: Hey! So, I recently bought a new microphone [Neewer NW-8000] along with a phantom power box [NW-100] for recording purposes. Problem is, my laptop can't even seem to detect it. I've done everything I've seen online from trying to configure (no luck, because the device wasn't...
  9. Microphone can't detect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone can't detect: I already try some methods for setting up my microphone. I can hear it in my headphone when I speak but when I try to set up in the control panel but it always say that "The Wizard could not start". I try to record but it say that I have to set up my microphone. When I check...
  10. External Microphone not detecting when plugged in

External Microphone not detecting when plugged in: I am trying to set up my new Dell Vostro 3670 desktop running Windows 10 pro and I need voice input to the computer. When I plugged in a headset into the headset port (port 5) on the front of the computer , I got the following message when I tried to troubleshoot the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cant detect external Microphone

2. windows cant detect microphone