Windows 10: "Windows can't detect this networks settings"

Discus and support "Windows can't detect this networks settings" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For months I have been dealing with a strange error connected to "Windows can't detect this networks settings". It manifests as 1) downloads appearing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WarrenWW, Aug 9, 2018.

1. WarrenWW Win User

"Windows can't detect this networks settings"

For months I have been dealing with a strange error connected to "Windows can't detect this networks settings". It manifests as 1) downloads appearing to never finish, 2) Dropbox won't connect (or OneDrive), 3) Office 365 will hang - or simply not open. The fix is to do a network reset, but sometimes I need to do this every other day. I thought it was hardware - but I just got a new computer and the same issue is happening one day into the new machine! The trouble shooter always returns "Windows can't detect this networks settings". This happens both via wifi and ethernet connections. What is odd is that you can browse websites or do email while this mis-connection is happening.

:)

WarrenWW, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Kosimek Win User

Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

I have the same issue and nothing helps me either. Did everything I could find online, to no avail. I don't have issues connecting to the Internet but my MagicJack can no longer connect.

When I use Network Troubleshooter all it says is "Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found"

Under Problems it just says "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" About as useless a message as anyone could expect and no suggestions on what else to do.

Given that I have tried everything under he sun I guess I am stuck with this?

Kosimek, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

Hi Rik,

We value your time and so we want to avoid repeating troubleshooting steps that were already performed. Kindly share with us the troubleshooting steps that you have done from your end.

In the mean time, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter to diagnose and fix network problems. Refer to the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Change your network settings, click on Network troubleshooter.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Aug 9, 2018
  4. "Windows can't detect this networks settings"

Windows Could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings

Hello Dan,

We would like to know more information about your issue for us to properly isolate the issue and provide a suitable resolution. Please provide the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless network?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you also please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit Enter.)

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter detects and resolves common network connection problems. To do so, please follow these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter.
    • Select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

"Windows can't detect this networks settings"

1. "Windows can't detect this networks settings" - Similar Threads - can't detect networks

2. “Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings” ?!?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings” ?!?: Hi, so something weird has been happening with my internet on any windows pc. I noticed this after I recently changed my internet modem from the one my ISP provides to an Asus CM-16. The setup was easy any everything seemed to work fine on all the connected devices, EXCEPT...
  3. Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings

Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings: Windows 10 Version 1903 I've only had this desktop a month. Suddenly I couldn't connect to the Internet. I powercycled the network box router & got my Ethernet connection back. Internet functioning SEEMS to be normal, but I still get "Windows could not automatically detect...
  4. Windows Could Not Automatically Detect This Network's Proxy Settings

Windows Could Not Automatically Detect This Network's Proxy Settings: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Education Edition on a computer that I built myself. I noticed I was having a bit of a problem with things loading on other apps that need a connection to the internet and decided to run the network troubleshooter. That was when I found the...
  5. Windows Could not Automatically Detect Network's Proxy Settings

Windows Could not Automatically Detect Network's Proxy Settings: I just bought a new Windows 10 laptop after a few years of being a Mac user. The internet doesn't work. It drops out **constantly**. I have searched and tried every fix I can find, from switching in-and-out anti-virus software, to resetting things in cmd, to...
  6. "Windows could not detect proxy settings for this network automatically"

"Windows could not detect proxy settings for this network automatically": Hello. On the computer (Windows 10), connected through the LAN connection, launched "Troubleshoot problems" network. I received the following message: "Windows could not automatically detect the proxy settings of this network" and the yellow triangle. I do not use a proxy,...
  7. Windows could not automatically detect this Network's proxy settings.

Windows could not automatically detect this Network's proxy settings.: I have tried every single suggestion to resolve this problem without success, short of completely reinstalling Windows 10. Has anyone found a solution yet? I know I am not alone with this....
  8. Can't fix "windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings"

Can't fix "windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings": Hello, I have a desktop which has been running windows 10 for years happily with its TP-Link Archer T9E Version 1.0 802.11ac network adapter. Recently my OCZ revodrive C disk packed it in, so I had to to a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 Pro from my licensed USB stick....
  9. windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings

windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings: I am on Comcast. I am on my second motherboard, I have re-installed many, many times. when I right click the network icon in the lower right hand of the screen and choose "troubleshoot problems" I get "Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings"....
  10. windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings: Hi I can use all my browsers in W10 (Firefox is default..) However, about a fortnight ago I started having problems with some sites for example CPUID and when I visit some of these sites I get the message "windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy...