Windows 10: Windows can't find my digital license key after hardware change

Discus and support Windows can't find my digital license key after hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently changed all my PC hardwares - including motherboard and storage -, I did login in my Microsoft account and Windows doesn't find my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Vinícius Vaz, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Windows can't find my digital license key after hardware change

Hi,

I recently changed all my PC hardwares - including motherboard and storage -, I did login in my Microsoft account and Windows doesn't find my digital license, and says that it can't connect to my organization server, but my computer is a private computer, not a organization computer.

How can I solve this issue? My "old PC" (old hardware) was removed from my Microsoft account. My digital license was obtained by free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro.

:)

Vinícius Vaz, Jun 5, 2019

2. Transferring Windows Digital License after significant hardware change

I've significantly upgraded my PC (new motherboard, storage), to the point where Windows 10 doesn't recognise it as the device I had my Windows 10 digital license on. When I go to settings - activation, I get error code 0xc004f213 which states no product
    key was found on this device (I'm signed into my microsoft account which has the digital license from before). I proceed to trouble shoot, and then click I recently changed hardware on this device. It proceeds to take me to a screen which lists my devices,
    but it only shows my Laptop which is running a separate product key/digital license (I bought windows 8.1 for my laptop and took the free upgrade, whereas this desktop PC was on windows 7 before I upgraded to 10). My PC isn't showing on this list.

I've been using this guide https://m.windowscentral.com/how-re-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change

So how do I go about re-activating my Windows 10 Digital License on this device? Also, is livechat only open at certain times? because I've been trying to find it but I get directed to this forum and a phone number instead.

If this classes as a new PC due to the motherboard change do I need to buy a new version of Windows? If so, then is the license fixed to my old motherboard?

JoelBarfoot, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Uninstall (delete, remove) the Windows 10 digital license from old hardware, after reactivating it on new (similar) hardware, after hardware change

Hi,

I recently was able to reactivate my Windows 10 digital license on new (only on similar, same type laptop to laptop) hardware, by linking my Microsoft account. I followed the steps mentoned in

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

I find that the old hardware, still has an activated digital license of Windows.

I need to uninstall the digital license from the old hardware, in such a way that it will not activate, on its own, and will not invalidate the digital license on my new hardware, at all.

Please advice me, as I would like to transfer my digital license to my new hardware, completely, and permanently. I require my old hardware to not be having the digital license, at all, and the digital license to be completely deleted from it.

Vikram S Ramani, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Windows can't find my digital license key after hardware change

Unable retrieve my digital license for windows 10 after hardware change

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows can't find my digital license key after hardware change

1. Windows can't find my digital license key after hardware change - Similar Threads - can't find digital

2. Digital license not detected after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital license not detected after changing hardware: After changing motherboard, I tried reactivating Windows but getting error due to server not available. After successful reactivation, I did a system restore to an earlier time because of a driver issue then my Windows got deactivated again. Now I cannot reactivate as my...
  3. Digital license not detected after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital license not detected after changing hardware: After changing motherboard, I tried reactivating Windows but getting error due to server not available. After successful reactivation, I did a system restore to an earlier time because of a driver issue then my Windows got deactivated again. Now I cannot reactivate as my...
  4. Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change: tried the troubleshoot in the activation settings and signed in to my account with windows digital license and the next page tells me no devices found???I used a local account before I changed the hardware, but the digital license should be tied to my email address since I...
  5. Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change: tried the troubleshoot in the activation settings and signed in to my account with windows digital license and the next page tells me no devices found???I used a local account before I changed the hardware, but the digital license should be tied to my email address since I...
  6. Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Lost my digital license after hardware change

Lost my digital license after hardware change: I had upgraded from Windows 7 for free quite a few years ago. Now I changed the hardware on my computer and Windows refuses to activate itself automatically. I installed windows on the new drive using the windows creation tool, but it didn't work. I also managed to find my...
  8. Windows Digital License after a change of hardware

Windows Digital License after a change of hardware: Hello! Today i built a new PC where i basicly scrapped everything but my old SSD. To make sure i could use the same windows in the new build, i connected my windows license to my new account. Now in the new build i can't activate my windows account. When i troubleshoot the...
  9. Installing a digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing a digital license after hardware change: Hi all, I was hoping to double check with the wisdom of the interwebs if my understanding of the re-install process is right before I do something I can't undo. Essentially my PC has become very unstable, with the CPU dying a long painful death (painful for me anyways)....
  10. Windows 10 Digital license key hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Digital license key hardware change: I recently upgraded my computers motherboard and SSD under the assumption that with a windows 10 pro digital license I'd be able to move the license to my new SSD and mobo via my windows account which it was attached to however it's telling me I have no digital license and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant find digital license