Windows 10: Windows can't find my Power Shell (administrator) command.

Discus and support Windows can't find my Power Shell (administrator) command. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Something seems to be wrong with my system files. Don't get the double arrows when I try to adjust my Taskbar's height. Can't access Power Shell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

Windows can't find my Power Shell (administrator) command.

Something seems to be wrong with my system files. Don't get the double arrows when I try to adjust my Taskbar's height. Can't access Power Shell (administrator) to run Dism. So, used Dism>Restore Health using Command Prompt then ran sfc ?scannow. Didn't find any corrupt files. I tried accessing my Power Shell (administrator) but my system can't find that file. Then tried Command Prompt and used Dism>Restore Health then SFC /scannow. Still can't find Power Shell (administrator). Also, still don't get the double arrows when I attempt to adjust the height of the Taskbar.

:)

Nisko, Aug 16, 2020

2. Windows Power Shell

Just discovered Windows Power Shell and am having trouble recalling DOS commands. Can I find a list of available commands? How do I make >cd work for multi word directories?

DavidFleming1, Aug 16, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Power shell to Command prompt in windows creators update

Yes Microsoft in their wisdom are phasing out Command Prompt in favour of Powershell . . .

Here are the steps to add that option back to the Context Menu in Windows File Explorer:

• Make sure you can see files extensions - In File Explorer, on the View Tab, check the box 'File Name Extensions'
    • Close File Explorer if it is open
    • Right click a black space on your Desktop, choose New - Text Document
    • Copy the text below into it
    • Save the file and give it a meaningful name
    • Change the file extension from .txt to .reg
    • Right click the file and choose 'Merge'
    • Confirm the merge when asked
    • That's it, you're done, 'Open Command Prompt Here' will be back on your Shift + Right click menu in File Explorer!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmdprompt]

@="@shell32.dll,-8506"

"Extended"=""

"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmdprompt\command]

@="cmd.exe /s /k pushd \"%V\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\cmdprompt]

@="@shell32.dll,-8506"

"Extended"=""

"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\cmdprompt\command]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\cmdprompt]

@="@shell32.dll,-8506"

"Extended"=""

"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\cmdprompt\command]

EXTRA NOTE: To add Command Prompt back to the right click of your Start Menu
    (this only adds Command Prompt back to your Start menu), right click your Taskbar, choose Taskbar Settings and turn this option on . . .

Windows can't find my Power Shell (administrator) command. 6266d58f-0935-4837-b11b-0a80de9f1e0c.jpg

DaveM121, Aug 16, 2020
  4. JainAman Win User

Windows 10 Power shell executes in command prompt

I have been using power shell as an alternative to command prompt for quite a long time.

I mostly use it for Android debugging tool "adb".

I am recently facing problem where any command I write in Power Shell opens a cmd window, executes the command in cmd and closes the cmd.

I am unable to find any solution for it.

Also, I have not modified any setting for Power Shell.

Please provide a solution to the problem.

JainAman, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows can't find my Power Shell (administrator) command. - Similar Threads - can't find Power

2. power shell command issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power shell command issue: to complete my assigned work i need to do this but how many times iam trying to execute that dism.exe command it is showing the same error even after changing the environment variables. I changed my bios settings to visualization as enabled....
  3. power shell command issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power shell command issue: to complete my assigned work i need to do this but how many times iam trying to execute that dism.exe command it is showing the same error even after changing the environment variables. I changed my bios settings to visualization as enabled....
  4. How to install using Command Line/Power Shell

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to install using Command Line/Power Shell: Hello,According to:https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/features-on-demand-non-language-fod?view=windows-11I have this file:Microsoft-Windows-Xps-Xps-Viewer-Opt-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~.cabI need to write a .BAT batch file to install...
  5. Power Shell Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Shell Command: After I sign in to power shell as admin and run my sign on info I then use this command: It works but does not give me Job Title information. The column is there but the data is not. Should I be using a different command?Get-User -ResultSize Unlimited select...
  6. Power Shell Command

Power Shell Command: After I sign in to power shell as admin and run my sign on info I then use this command: It works but does not give me Job Title information. The column is there but the data is not. Should I be using a different command?Get-User -ResultSize Unlimited select...
  7. window power shell

window power shell: The term '...' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function . i am facing this type of error in my power shell i also add path in enviroment variable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-power-shell/63bba497-fd51-4b3f-8515-eaf23ff38741
  8. Windows can't find my PowerShell (administrator) command

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows can't find my PowerShell (administrator) command: Something seems to be wrong with my system files. Don't get the double arrows when I try to adjust my Taskbar's height. Can't access Power Shell (administrator) to run Dism. So, used Dism>Restore Health using Command Prompt then ran sfc ?scannow. Didn't find any corrupt...
  9. Windows Power Shell

Windows Power Shell: When I start Win 10, Win Power Shell 1.0 comes on the screen and stays there, empty for 1.5 to 2.0 min, locking up the screen and the system for that time. What can I do to keep Win Power Shell from coming up? I have tried to shut it off everywhere I can find it. This...
  10. Windows 10 Power shell executes in command prompt

Windows 10 Power shell executes in command prompt: I have been using power shell as an alternative to command prompt for quite a long time. I mostly use it for Android debugging tool "adb". I am recently facing problem where any command I write in Power Shell opens a cmd window, executes the command in cmd and closes the...