Windows 10: Windows can't find wuapp.exe

Discus and support Windows can't find wuapp.exe in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've got windows 10 and when I try to update, I get a message that says, "Windows can't find wuapp.exe" 12845 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Frank1, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Frank1 Win User

Windows can't find wuapp.exe

I've got windows 10 and when I try to update, I get a message that says, "Windows can't find wuapp.exe"

:)

Frank1, Aug 4, 2015

2. Internet exploer question

Windows 10 IE when u press tool and windows update why does that say windows can't find Wuapp.exe make sure you have type it in correctly what does this mean any way to fix it just wondering???

countryfan, Aug 4, 2015
  3. windows10: can't access start key, microsoft edge and not receiving updates also

Hi my name is Charlie:

I can't access start key, and Microsoft edge; I cannot receive upgrades also.

message can't find wuapp.exe.

Thank You

Charlie

[Moved from Internet Explorer]

charlesmcdermond, Aug 4, 2015
  4. coldy Win User

In order to get rid of the error messages you should follow these steps.

Go into “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download” and delete everything in that folder.
    Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in “wuauclt.exe /updatenow”.
    hit enter on keyboard
    or Go to your Control Panel - Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading
    from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.

coldy, Aug 4, 2015
  5. Frank1 Win User
    Hi Shawn--I saw your question in my email response but I don't see it here. Anyway I've had Windows 10 for two days now and I just tried to update from Windows 10 and got that message.

Frank1, Aug 4, 2015
  6. Frank1 Win User
    Coldy--I appreciate your response but the problem persists. Does anyone else have a suggestion?

Frank1, Aug 4, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Use Windows 10 Troubleshooter to do a system refresh.

NavyLCDR, Aug 4, 2015
  8. YOU
    You Win User

could always burn a Windows 10 ISO to a disc then run it from within Windows 10 and perform an upgrade. It's essentially the repair option of Windows XP's setup disk. It restores missing files, fixes corrupt files, fixes invalid settings, etc. I wonder why they removed the repair feature from Windows setup.

9. Frank1 Win User
    I did a reset as Nave suggested and that took care of the problem. Thanks for your feedback on this.

Frank1, Aug 5, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Glad to get some good news that something worked! (for a change)

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows can't find wuapp.exe - Similar Threads - can't find wuapp

2. Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe: HelloI have been facing these two errors while working with my system several times.I have try the following commands in Command prompt but problem is still not solved .sfc /scannowDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanhealthDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  3. Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe: HelloI have been facing these two errors while working with my system several times.I have try the following commands in Command prompt but problem is still not solved .sfc /scannowDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanhealthDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  4. Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe: I'm getting the error "windows cannot find ***.exe for all programs like taskmgr.exe regedit.exe advanced system settings, same error when I try to run command prompt as administrator. I did run it in recovery mode with the command sfc /scannow. Problem wasn't solved, and...
  6. Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe: I'm getting the error "windows cannot find ***.exe for all programs like taskmgr.exe regedit.exe advanced system settings, same error when I try to run command prompt as administrator. I did run it in recovery mode with the command sfc /scannow. Problem wasn't solved, and...
  7. Windows cannot find .exe file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find .exe file.: I've been trying to fix this problem for about a week and nothing has worked. Whenever I open a game, I get this. All I have to do is press "ok" about four times and it goes away. It's getting very annoying. Any help would be very appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  8. windows 10 Can't find .exe files

windows 10 Can't find .exe files: I have a new laptop which is upgraded to win 10 pro. I installed Microsoft office onto it. When I click on any of the apps associated with the office I get the error windows can't find C:\program files9x86\Microsoft office\office12\*.exe. I have tried this series of commands...
  9. Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe

Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe: This problem started when my system did a OS update. I run a windows 10 and since the update of the software, the volume of my system has gone down really low. When I click to open the sounds from the speaker, it gives me the message "windows cannot find the...
  10. Windows can't find .exe

Windows can't find .exe: Hello, I'm having an issue whenever I try to launch NVidia GeForce Experience. The full error message reads as follows; "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\NVIDIA GeForce Experience.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. server 2012 cannot find wuapp