Windows 10: Windows can't identify network

Discus and support Windows can't identify network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer used to have frequent blue screen errors, I tried many fixes but nothing worked so I decided to reset my PC I kept my personal files. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MariosAndreou1, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Windows can't identify network

My computer used to have frequent blue screen errors, I tried many fixes but nothing worked so I decided to reset my PC I kept my personal files. When the reset was done I could access Microsoft Edge without problems but the internet button has the "no internet connection" icon. Meanwhile apps like Chrome, Steam, etc work perfectly. It's like windows thinks am not connected but I clearly am. I have tried many fixes but none worked. I would use windows tips but it thinks I don't have internet. I'd appreciate any help that doesn't resolve in me having to reset my pc again.

PS: I have tried reinstalling drivers and resetting my network. Also origin doesn't recognise my internet connection either if that helps.

:)

MariosAndreou1, Jan 11, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Windows 10 Networking Issue: After Windows Reset I can connect to network but no internet

Thank you for the update. For us not to repeat the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

Also, we suggest trying to run the Network troubleshooter to help with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Network troubleshooter in the Cortana search box.
    • Then select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Windows can't identify network

Printer Network Bridge Not Identifying Computer

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

If issue persists, then try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2: Change permissions

I would suggest you to check if the user account has permission to print and manage the printer. Refer these steps:

a) Press Windows key +C, select control panel

b) Under Hardware and devices, select view devices and printers

c) Locate your printer and right click

d) Click on the Printer properties from the menu and select security tab

e) Select your user account name from the list of user accounts

f) Make sure that all the check boxes against the permissions are marked as “Allow”.

If the permission is already set as “allow”, then this could be a network setting issue. Check if your account is configured correctly to the network and check the network options.

Method 3: Re-install the printer

If the permission settings and the network settings are set correctly and yet you are facing this issue, I would suggest uninstall and re-install the printer and check. You can follow the steps provided below to do so:

Note: Please make sure that you have the setup file for the driver of the printer before uninstalling the current version.

a) Press Windows and x key together and click on Device Manager.

b) Locate the printer driver and expand the driver icon.

c) Right click on the driver icon and click on Uninstall.

d) Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the driver.

e) Locate the setup file of the driver for the printer.

f) Double Click on the setup file and follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall the driver.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows can't identify network

1. Windows can't identify network - Similar Threads - can't identify network

2. Windows 11 stuck on Identifying network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck on Identifying network: I have a brand new Dell laptop and am using a USB C hub with ethernet connection. When I plug in the ethernet connection all it shows in network connections is "Ethernet- Identifying...". Network troubleshooter does not help. Not sure what to do. I tried another known good...
  3. Windows 11 stuck on Identifying network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stuck on Identifying network: I have a brand new Dell laptop and am using a USB C hub with ethernet connection. When I plug in the ethernet connection all it shows in network connections is "Ethernet- Identifying...". Network troubleshooter does not help. Not sure what to do. I tried another known good...
  4. Ethernet says "Network is not identified"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet says "Network is not identified": Hello everybody I'm currently having problems with my ethernet. It says "Network is not identified" and I have tried everything I could find on google to fix it, even reinstalling windows didn't help. It happened right after I ran a spoofer program don't ask why. I have...
  5. Identifying network...

Identifying network...: Hello everyone My laptop automatically updated recently April 4th and when it restarted i noticed that i don't have an internet connection. So the first thing I did was to uninstall the latest update i think it was Kb4549951 but nothing changed. Then i used the restore...
  6. networking -- identifying devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    networking -- identifying devices: I am trying to network two computers. Let's call them A and B. In File Explorer in Computer A, Computer B shows up as a "media device." Whatever that is. How can I make Computer B show up as a "computer," instead of as a "media device?" Bonus question: I tried to connect to...
  7. Windows services can't identify my network

Windows services can't identify my network: My computer used to have frequent blue screen errors, I tried many fixes but nothing worked so I decided to reset my PC (I kept my personal files). When the reset was done I could access Microsoft Edge without problems but then I tried accessing a windows service (Microsoft...
  8. No Other Devices Identified in Network?

No Other Devices Identified in Network?: Hi All, Any thoughts as to why my neighbors TV is showing on my PC devices as a "Display". I understand the Microsoft Wifi-Direct Principles and how to turn off, but I am on a LAN not Wireless and the virtual adapter is not present! If I can see their media devices, I am...
  9. Other Devices Identified in Network?

in Windows 10 Support
    Other Devices Identified in Network?: Hi All, Any thoughts as to why my neighbors TV is showing on my PC devices as a "Display". I understand the Microsoft Wifi-Direct Principles and how to turn off, but I am on a LAN not Wireless and the virtual adapter is not present! If I can see their media devices, I am...
  10. network identifying

network identifying: so i just installed a new network driver and when i boot up afterwards the connection will say identifying for nearly 30seconds before i actually get a connection. ive tried reinstalling the driver but to awe 25719