Windows 10: Windows cant install update because system recovery file is on another drive.

Discus and support Windows cant install update because system recovery file is on another drive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently I cloned my system drive to a new SSD and everything worked fine. But none of the new updates are installing in my OS. I think this is because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ri77ik, Jun 14, 2021.

1. ri77ik Win User

Windows cant install update because system recovery file is on another drive.

Recently I cloned my system drive to a new SSD and everything worked fine. But none of the new updates are installing in my OS. I think this is because I don't have any recovery drive in my SSD but there's a recovery drive in my old HDD.is there any way I can fix this without reinstalling windows? can I transfer that recovery partition in SSD? or any way to get future upgrades.

:)

ri77ik, Jun 14, 2021
  2. dually Win User

Installing Drivers in Recovery M4 SSD

I can't seem to figure out how to install drivers so that can copy my system image to new laptop hard drive. I went as far as to install a new inactivated windows 7 onto the hard drive so I know it works, but when I point recovery at C:\Windows\system32\drivers\disk.sys, I got an error something along the lines of "not relevant to system hardware" (or something like that I forget the exact wording).

I can list the drive in diskpart, and I made sure it is not excluded for copying the image, but after 3 days of fiddling, I still can't get it to work. Where is the driver that I need for recovery to be able to install an image to the new hard drive? I checked crucial website, but they don't seem to list drivers for M4. I assume that since I was able to install a fresh inactivated Windows 7 from a startup disk that the driver I need would be somewhere in that system so maybe I'm just pointing recovery at the wrong file?

dually, Jun 14, 2021
  3. RCoon Win User
    Macbook system/file recovery [Help!!]

Tear out the drive and then run PhotoRec from a PartedMagic Live CD. PhotoRec recovers anything and everything that has bits and keeps it as it is. Format the drive after recovery, reinstall the OSX and dump the files back on.

RCoon, Jun 14, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows cant install update because system recovery file is on another drive. - Similar Threads - cant install update

2. Installing .appxbundle files on another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing .appxbundle files on another drive: Hi. I want to install an appxbundle file on another drive because my C drive is full and you know it just has 38 GB Storage Space when it's empty of everything... so I can't install the file in this drive at all.Now is there anyway to install it on another drive?Note: I can...
  3. Installing .appxbundle files on another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing .appxbundle files on another drive: Hi. I want to install an appxbundle file on another drive because my C drive is full and you know it just has 38 GB Storage Space when it's empty of everything... so I can't install the file in this drive at all.Now is there anyway to install it on another drive?Note: I can...
  4. Installing .appxbundle files on another drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Installing windows to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows to another drive: So my C drive is smaller than my D drive and that made storage problems for me So I wanted to install windows to D drive. To do that I did I used an usb and made it bootable. I cleaned everything from my pc then booted in to usb then did the steps like choose windows 10 home...
  6. Installing windows to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows to another drive: So my C drive is smaller than my D drive and that made storage problems for me So I wanted to install windows to D drive. To do that I did I used an usb and made it bootable. I cleaned everything from my pc then booted in to usb then did the steps like choose windows 10 home...
  7. Installing windows to another drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. i cant install setup for windows 10 iso because corrupted system files true

i cant install setup for windows 10 iso because corrupted system files true: i cant install setup for windows 10 iso because corrupted system files true https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-setup-for-windows-10-iso-because/2854735b-42fe-4c7e-87cb-f6b2622aca7e
  9. Cant install update because of VirtualBox

Cant install update because of VirtualBox: I cant update my computer because it says I need to uninstall VirtualBox. I have searched in programs, nothing. I have done all the suggested searches online thru my registry and I have none of the folders related to it at all, so I cant update. I have tried restarting,...
  10. recovery drive wont open because computer cant see c: drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recovery drive wont open because computer cant see c: drive: my computer screen started flickering then my computer went down. it only went to a black boot screen with disk error and said i needed to install os . well i got a windows 10 install on a usb and put itin the computer turned it on and it sent me to Windows but wouldn't sign...