Windows 10: windows can't read disc in drive E

Discus and support windows can't read disc in drive E in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; put dvd in drive, window pops up asking what i want to do, click on burn to cd/dvd. window pops up with "files to be written to disc" with desktop.ini... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pookie99, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Pookie99 Win User

windows can't read disc in drive E

put dvd in drive, window pops up asking what i want to do, click on burn to cd/dvd. window pops up with "files to be written to disc" with desktop.ini already in window (does this file HAVE to be there to burn cd/dvd correctly????), drag what i want to burn to window then go to share, click on burn to dvd. after doing so window pops up telling me windows can't read disc in drive. was working fine about 3 weeks ago then all of a sudden this starts. what do i need to do to get the "cant read" message to stop popping up and and start burning cd/dvds again without having to go through a million other things to do it? have checked drivers and according to windows the best driver is already there.

:)

Pookie99, Jul 21, 2019
  2. jds63 Win User

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

Strange part is why it shows as a Blu-Ray drive. What is D: since it jumps to E: ? Seen other posts like this were ones were not recognized at all after upgrade, but yours is recognized, listed wrong and not reading discs at all.

jds63, Jul 21, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

Meaning not on the list when selecting ?

jds63, Jul 21, 2019
  4. windows can't read disc in drive E

Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

windows can't read disc in drive E

1. windows can't read disc in drive E - Similar Threads - can't read disc

2. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  3. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  4. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Optical disc drive not reading CDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optical disc drive not reading CDs: Device: LG Bluray M DISCWhen opened in file explorer, everything freezes for about 5min. before opening the CD. Upon opening, it shows no data. Have tested this on other drives and they open fine....
  6. Optical disc drive not reading CDs

Optical disc drive not reading CDs: Device: LG Bluray M DISCWhen opened in file explorer, everything freezes for about 5min. before opening the CD. Upon opening, it shows no data. Have tested this on other drives and they open fine....
  7. "Please insert a disc into drive E"

"Please insert a disc into drive E": I have tried to get my laptop DVD/CD to read any disk to no avail. I tried several of the suggestions in a thread to 2015, no luck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive. The system says the drive is working properly. Put in a disk, the disk spins, then "Please...
  8. Windows can't read disc in drive E:\

Windows can't read disc in drive E:\: Windows can't read disc in drive E:\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-read-disc-in-drive-e/0bdd8b1f-7ee7-41ca-9884-6f6c759de571
  9. Windows can't read disc in Drive D:\ windows 10

Windows can't read disc in Drive D:\ windows 10: Hi I tried to copy files to both CD and DVD but got this message: Windows can't read disc in Drive D: I tried to uninstall and reinstall in the device manager, but no luck I have a Dell inspiron 3250. Disc drive HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N Any help would be appreciated....
  10. DVD Drive Won't Read Discs

DVD Drive Won't Read Discs: Hello! I have a Dell Latitude e6440. The DVD drive just randomly stopped reading disc's a week and a half ago in the middle of playing a DVD. Any ideas of things I could try to fix it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cant read the disc in drive e

2. windows cant read the disc in drive

3. windows cant read the disc in drive E:\

4. windows cant read disc,
  5. windows cant read disk