Windows 10: windows can't read disc in drive E

Discus and support windows can't read disc in drive E in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; put dvd in drive, window pops up asking what i want to do, click on burn to cd/dvd. window pops up with "files to be written to disc" with desktop.ini... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pookie99, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Pookie99 Win User

windows can't read disc in drive E

put dvd in drive, window pops up asking what i want to do, click on burn to cd/dvd. window pops up with "files to be written to disc" with desktop.ini already in window (does this file HAVE to be there to burn cd/dvd correctly????), drag what i want to burn to window then go to share, click on burn to dvd. after doing so window pops up telling me windows can't read disc in drive. was working fine about 3 weeks ago then all of a sudden this starts. what do i need to do to get the "cant read" message to stop popping up and and start burning cd/dvds again without having to go through a million other things to do it? have checked drivers and according to windows the best driver is already there.

:)

Pookie99, Jul 21, 2019
  2. jds63 Win User

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

Strange part is why it shows as a Blu-Ray drive. What is D: since it jumps to E: ? Seen other posts like this were ones were not recognized at all after upgrade, but yours is recognized, listed wrong and not reading discs at all.

jds63, Jul 21, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

Meaning not on the list when selecting ?

jds63, Jul 21, 2019
  4. windows can't read disc in drive E

Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

windows can't read disc in drive E

1. windows can't read disc in drive E - Similar Threads - can't read disc

2. DVD Drive Won't Read Discs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Drive Won't Read Discs: Hello! I have a Dell Latitude e6440. The DVD drive just randomly stopped reading disc's a week and a half ago in the middle of playing a DVD. Any ideas of things I could try to fix it?...
  3. Free up disc space e-drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free up disc space e-drive: keep getting the message over and over again,go there the only thing is other folder and it will not let me free up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-disc-space-e-drive/a1a4bfd0-4733-4fc1-9f3f-1ab37bfb905d"
  4. Read only folders on all disc drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    Read only folders on all disc drives: Hello, past few days I am experiencing very bad situation with computer. I read many posts but I still do not get things working as they should so I am hoping that I will get some answers here. I am guessing that with latest update windows decided that my folders are...
  5. Can't Access E Drive

Can't Access E Drive: When I try to click on something that was in that drive this comes up: "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '----' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again. When I try to...
  6. DVD drive suddenly not reading discs....in windows 10

DVD drive suddenly not reading discs....in windows 10: Recently I am unable to play cd's or Dvd's on my lap top. when I open the file folder, The DVD drive does appear there. when I put a disc in, IT is not recognized, and I am asked to insert a blank disc. Can you help me?...
  7. DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!

DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!: I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 Laptop, and when I bought it from my friend, it was still Windows 7 and the DVD/CD drive worked fine, but after I upgraded to Windows 10, when I put in any disc, it doesn't read. I've contacted support multiple times, they tried to help but...
  8. Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:

Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:: Ever since the transition to windows 10 the dvd drive will not recognize,read or view any disc i put in, it says please insert a disc into drive E:. However my brothers laptop can view,recognize and read the disc. How can i fix this 24241
  9. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs: Hello! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself. [img] I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any...
  10. Disc driver not reading discs

Disc driver not reading discs: I'm not sure if it's called a disc driver, the thing where you put discs in on the pc, but no discs are working when i put them there, usually when putting a disc in there afew seconds you see a little disc icon near the cursor, but when i put ANY disc no matter what it is,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cant read the disc in drive e

2. windows cant read disk

3. windows cant read the disc in drive