Windows 10: WINDOWS CANT READ DISC

Discus and support WINDOWS CANT READ DISC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; put dvd in drive, window pops up asking what i want to do, click on burn to cd/dvd. window pops up with "files to be written to disc" with desktop.ini... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pookie99, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Pookie99 Win User

WINDOWS CANT READ DISC

put dvd in drive, window pops up asking what i want to do, click on burn to cd/dvd. window pops up with "files to be written to disc" with desktop.ini already in window (does this file HAVE to be there to burn cd/dvd correctly????), drag what i want to burn to window then go to share, click on burn to dvd. after doing so window pops up telling me windows can't read disc in drive. was working fine about 3 weeks ago then all of a sudden this starts. what do i need to do to get the "cant read" message to stop popping up and and start burning cd/dvds again without having to go through a million other things to do it? have checked drivers and according to windows the best driver is already there.

PUT DVD IN DEVICE, GET THIS:

WINDOWS CANT READ DISC f32a6aee-ad74-4c7e-9d8a-a8d8b462f9ab?upload=true.jpg

CLICK ON NEXT, GET THIS:

WINDOWS CANT READ DISC f7b633b4-af61-47e7-96fd-e0afda604fa0?upload=true.jpg

GO TO SHARE TAB, CLICK ON "BURN TO DISC" AND GET THIS:

WINDOWS CANT READ DISC 5de04cb9-1b74-4686-b105-ad46072864c6?upload=true.jpg

THIS WAS NOT HAPPENING THREE WEEKS AGO, BURNED SEVERAL DVD'S NO ISSUES, TRIED TO BURN EARLIER THIS WEEK AND GOT WHAT IS IN SCREEN SHOTS. DID TROUBLESHOOTING FOR ISSUES WITH DEVICE, ALL OK, DRIVER OK, DEVICE WORKING PROPERLY

:)

Pookie99, Jul 21, 2019

2. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Windows 10 wont read discs

Hi,

To isolate the issue, we would like to know more details about your concern.

• Are there any error messages when you tried to read the disc?
    • Have you tried updating the CD/DVD driver?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Thank you.

Marby Rey, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

WINDOWS CANT READ DISC

unable to read 3D xray discs that have been readable in past.

Hi,

There are a lot of possible causes why the error occurred. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• How do you open the DVD file?

• Have you tried inserting the DVD disc to another computer?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that perform these troubleshooting steps:

Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click
      on Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

WINDOWS CANT READ DISC

1. WINDOWS CANT READ DISC - Similar Threads - CANT READ DISC

2. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  3. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  4. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Does Win32/Sality.AT on disc infect by just reading disc?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Win32/Sality.AT on disc infect by just reading disc?: I inserted a disc in my PC that windows defender said had win32/sality.at virus. I did not install anything from the disc. I let defender do it’s thing and then did deep scans and all seem clear.Looking in protection history however it appears a few times. One says it was...
  6. Reading old floppy discs on Windows 10

Reading old floppy discs on Windows 10: I found a box of old floppy discs from Seattle File Works SFW which contained photos from the 1990's. I bought USB floppy drive from Amazon to read the discs, but as I discovered from searching, the floppy disc data format has changed over time; most of my old SFW discs...
  7. Windows can't read disc in drive E:\

Windows can't read disc in drive E:\: Windows can't read disc in drive E:\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-read-disc-in-drive-e/0bdd8b1f-7ee7-41ca-9884-6f6c759de571
  8. windows can't read disc in drive E

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows can't read disc in drive E: put dvd in drive, window pops up asking what i want to do, click on burn to cd/dvd. window pops up with "files to be written to disc" with desktop.ini already in window (does this file HAVE to be there to burn cd/dvd correctly????), drag what i want to burn to window then go...
  9. DVD Disc player not reading discs after installing Windows 10

DVD Disc player not reading discs after installing Windows 10: 2 days ago I had to replace a hard drive and reinstall Windows 10. Unfortunately, my DVD drive is not reading the discs I've tried (that it read normally last week, when I also had Windows 10 and everything but the hard drive was the same). When I go into Device Manager,...
  10. Disc driver not reading discs

Disc driver not reading discs: I'm not sure if it's called a disc driver, the thing where you put discs in on the pc, but no discs are working when i put them there, usually when putting a disc in there afew seconds you see a little disc icon near the cursor, but when i put ANY disc no matter what it is,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk read errors win 10 cd dvd burn drive desktop.ini not blank