Windows 10: Windows can’t remember my password/PIN

Discus and support Windows can’t remember my password/PIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I’m running Windows 10 64 bit. When I boot the PC, and I’m at the sign-in screen, and I type in my PIN to sign in, Windows tells me my PIN is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by passakornkongrat, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Windows can’t remember my password/PIN

I’m running Windows 10 64 bit.

When I boot the PC, and I’m at the sign-in screen, and I type in my PIN to sign in, Windows tells me my PIN is incorrect even though I’m 100% sure I’m typing it correctly.

I’ve now changed my PIN 5 times in the last 24 hours. I’ve written it down and saved it. I can use it to sign in to my Microsoft account online on my phone and other devices. But when I try to log into my PC it says my PIN is incorrect. It even does this right after I reset my pin to a new PIN. Again, I’m 100% sure I’m typing it correctly because I can sign in with it on other devices and to my account online.

This is very frustrating because I now am resetting my PIN every single time I log in to Windows on my PC.

Why can’t Windows remember my PIN?

:)

passakornkongrat, Jun 14, 2019

2. Cannot remember password and PIN to login

Hi,

As per the query, I would like to inform that you require to create a password prior to the creation of the PIN. If you remember the password, click on the sign-in options under the password box in the login screen.

If you forgot your Microsoft account password,
    follow these steps.

If you don’t have a Microsoft account and forgot your local account password,
    you can’t recover it. Instead, you’ll need to reset your PC.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings.

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.
    • While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.
    • On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.
    • Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 14, 2019
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

4. Windows can’t remember my password/PIN

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows can’t remember my password/PIN

1. Windows can’t remember my password/PIN - Similar Threads - can’t remember password

2. I can’t remember my Windows 11 pin or password to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t remember my Windows 11 pin or password to sign in: I am not able to access my computer or windows as it is requesting a pin or a password. I had finger prints set up but they are not recognised now. All happened since last update. Can you pls advise...
  3. I can’t remember my Windows 11 pin or password to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t remember my Windows 11 pin or password to sign in: I am not able to access my computer or windows as it is requesting a pin or a password. I had finger prints set up but they are not recognised now. All happened since last update. Can you pls advise...
  4. I can’t remember the password to my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can’t remember the password to my computer.: I haven’t been on my computer in I’d say about 4 months and I forgot my computer password, well I tried to reset it but I don’t have access to the email associated with the account because I forgot that password too. Mind you I created this account in middle school I tried to...
  5. I can’t remember the password to my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t remember the password to my computer.: I haven’t been on my computer in I’d say about 4 months and I forgot my computer password, well I tried to reset it but I don’t have access to the email associated with the account because I forgot that password too. Mind you I created this account in middle school I tried to...
  6. I can’t remember the password to my computer.

7. Can’t remember my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t remember my password: I can’t remember my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remember-my-password/fb5f1947-9f1d-4972-8d94-ab3baa0819eb
  8. Can’t remember my password

Can’t remember my password: I can’t remember my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remember-my-password/fb5f1947-9f1d-4972-8d94-ab3baa0819eb
  9. Remember pin but forgot password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remember pin but forgot password: How to reset my laptop passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remember-pin-but-forgot-password/8acd0aa2-b806-4c81-a633-fd160884b9e2
  10. Forgotton Windows Password But Remember Pin,

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotton Windows Password But Remember Pin,: Hello, I have been having issues downloading things from the store as it requires my microoft to be linked to my laptop in general. It requires my password but I have used my pin for over a year and forgot my password. I have attempted all administrative routes and I do not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security cant remember password

2. cant remember windows phone pin

3. what if i cant remember my windows security password

4. cant remember pin windows 10,
  5. windows security i cant remember my pin