Windows 10: Windows cant remember my USB Stick

Discus and support Windows cant remember my USB Stick in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Windows-Support, I was about to install BitLocker on my USB stick. During installation, my computer crashed at exactly 92.1% of the process. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fedorl Belozyorovd, May 16, 2020.

1. Windows cant remember my USB Stick

Hi Windows-Support,

I was about to install BitLocker on my USB stick. During installation, my computer crashed at exactly 92.1% of the process. Now the USB stick where important, even very important data was on it / is no longer recognized on every computer. I tried everything that was accessible on the internet, from tools to cmd commands, even with a more experienced colleague of mine. The problem is definetly not from the USB Stick, its clean and worked before very well. My computer does not want to acknowledge the BitLocker process. Is there a solution to get the data? That is the most important thing to me. I think that if my computer remembers the process and then completes the process, my USB stick would go again. I need your help, urgently.

Regards

Fedorl

:)

Fedorl Belozyorovd, May 16, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 16, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

Try method 2 under Windows 7 8 10 here:
    Free to Remove Readonly Attribute in Windows

Method 2: Clear readonly status with Diskpart

In Windows 10, 8, 7 OS, you are also able to run Diskpart in Command Prompt to clear read-only attribute on any partition on your computer. You can follow the tutorial below:

Step 1. Open Command Line and type Diskpart
    Step 2. Type list disk
    Step 3. Type select disk (disk number)
    Step 4. Type attributes disk clear readonly

Windows cant remember my USB Stick [​IMG]

Then try Clean

NavyLCDR, May 16, 2020
  4. SaiZo Win User

Windows cant remember my USB Stick

Is it possible to run Windows 7 from an USB stick?

No. It will run only on the media center. He wants a 32Gb USB stick to be "sure" all updates, all programs (VLC, Winamp etc.) will fit. The stick will remain in the media center all the time. The local hardware guy suggested Windows 8, but I haven't even tested that as yet. The media center can have harddrives connected to it, perhaps it would fit an SSD, but since he has a 2Tb drive already.. Why get an SSD if it can be run from an USB stick?

SaiZo, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows cant remember my USB Stick

1. Windows cant remember my USB Stick - Similar Threads - cant remember USB

2. cant remember password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant remember password: I reset my windows 11 laptop but now it asks for the password and i cant Remember it ‍ ive tried answering the secret questions, which i know the answers to, but its saying they are incorrect. How can i get into my computer?...
  3. Cant format 2TB USB stick on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant format 2TB USB stick on windows 10: Hi all, I have a 256 GB micro SD card which used to work of sorts.....in that it would only load so much data then stop and say there is a problem. I re formatted it but now isnt even recognised by windows 10 which shows the sd drive in explorer but says please put a disk in...
  4. Cant format 2TB USB stick on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant format 2TB USB stick on windows 10: Hi all, I have a 256 GB micro SD card which used to work of sorts.....in that it would only load so much data then stop and say there is a problem. I re formatted it but now isnt even recognised by windows 10 which shows the sd drive in explorer but says please put a disk in...
  5. Cant format 2TB USB stick on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. windows 11 and my usb sticks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 and my usb sticks: up until about 4 days ago all my usb drives worked and still do in other devices now all the sudden i get no auto pla or anything other that an ! next to them in device manager ...which see's them...
  7. windows 11 and my usb sticks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 and my usb sticks: up until about 4 days ago all my usb drives worked and still do in other devices now all the sudden i get no auto pla or anything other that an ! next to them in device manager ...which see's them...
  8. I cant remember my windows password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant remember my windows password: I bought the computer about a year ago, and I have never logged out. I can not remember my windows password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remember-my-windows-password/09edcd6b-3e2c-4879-8dfe-524fe2d30f00
  9. Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore: Ive got a basic 16gb Verbatim USB stick , I did manage to see it in my w10 laptop to add music to it Now i cant see it at all disk manager sees it and so does Mini Tool I can see the files on my chromebook? its formatted as Fat32 Any thoughts Running W10 v1909 167115
  10. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...