Windows 10: Windows Can't Retrieve Files

Discus and support Windows Can't Retrieve Files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey folks, I have a Surface 3 that's getting older and I wanted to export my Pictures folder to a USB stick. However when I opened the pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Thomas-H, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Thomas-H Win User

Windows Can't Retrieve Files

Hey folks,

I have a Surface 3 that's getting older and I wanted to export my Pictures folder to a USB stick. However when I opened the pictures folder, Windows couldn't open most pictures. The pictures are in JPG format Here are the errors:

• when opening the pictures in the Photos app, it says "we can't open this file"
    • when trying to copy pictures to the USB or another folder on the computer, it says This file cannot be accessed by the system; Error 0x80070780
    • when trying to rename the photo, it says The file cannot be accessed by the system with the above error code.

What I've tried so far

• I've updated both Windows and the Photos app to the latest update
    • I've run sfc /scannow where the system found errors but couldn't fix them.

Not quite sure what else I could try and any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

Thomas-H, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Upgrade and retrieval

Hi Hamza,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to retrieve files after the update to Windows 10 provided on this link:

Find lost files after the update to Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Windows Can't Retrieve Files

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows Can't Retrieve Files

1. Windows Can't Retrieve Files - Similar Threads - Can't Retrieve Files

2. Retrieve lost files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Retrieve lost files: My laptop decided to completely loose windows my laptop sees no OS at all I'm buying windows disc to re install but there are files on the HDD that I wish to retrieve please tell me how in step by step...
  3. Retrieve lost files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve lost files: My laptop decided to completely loose windows my laptop sees no OS at all I'm buying windows disc to re install but there are files on the HDD that I wish to retrieve please tell me how in step by step...
  4. Retrieve lost files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't retrieve Windows Product Key

Can't retrieve Windows Product Key: My laptop showed a message that my Windows license was going to end and said to active. I did not know what to do. After some days the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared in bottom right corner. I was using my laptop just like that. Few days ago, I had to reinstall windows...
  6. Retrieve lost files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve lost files?: Hi there, I need help for my recently upgrade to windows 10. I just upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 a few days ago. And after it finished, I couldn't find my files at first, then I found them under my user, then I moved all my files from folders document, downloads and...
  7. Retrieve lost files?

Retrieve lost files?: Hi there, I need help for my recently upgrade to windows 10. I just upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 a few days ago. And after it finished, I couldn't find my files at first, then I found them under my user, then I moved all my files from folders document, downloads and...
  8. Retrieve lost files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Retrieving Windows old files

in Windows 10 Support
    Retrieving Windows old files: Had a disaster yesterday when an update crashed my main desktop. So I ended up doing a clean install and worst of all have been a bit lazy backing up my stuff. So what I would like to know is there any way of retrieving those old files from the previous installation?? Any...
  10. Can't retrieve Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't retrieve Photos: Hi! My PC just updated Windows 10 and now I can't retrieve any of my photos properly to insert into an email/file. If you just go to the Photo app you can see your pics normally but when you call it up the pics have been replaced with a camera icon and the file # underneath....