Windows 10: Windows can't stay connected to my wifi network

Discus and support Windows can't stay connected to my wifi network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently built a new PC and have been having some recurring issues with my internet connection since I built it. Whenever I boot up the system, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AdamVlahakis, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Windows can't stay connected to my wifi network

I recently built a new PC and have been having some recurring issues with my internet connection since I built it. Whenever I boot up the system, it says it connects to my home network, but cant get internet access. After much troubleshooting, I have figured a band-aid solution of running a .bat file I setup with the following commands:

netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ip reset

ipconfig/release
    ipconfig/renew

ipconfig/flushdns

netsh winsock reset catalog
    netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
    netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

After restarting, this usually solves the connection issue, but only for about 30-90 minutes until I lose internet again. When I run the windows troubleshooter, it either says I have an invalid IP configuration, or it can't connect to the DNS server. None of my other systems (Windows, Android, Ubuntu) have this issue, its only my desktop. Restarting the system without running the batch file never fixes it, I have updated, uninstalled and reinstalled my internet drivers, and resetting my router does nothing. As I said, I have found a work-around for this issue, but I would like to just connect to the internet on my first boot and not have to restart my system every hour or so to keep a connection.

:)

AdamVlahakis, Oct 6, 2019
  2. legend383 Win User

"Can't connect to this network."

I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network.

I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to this network."

Network diagnosis just suggested connecting to a wifi network (why didn't I think of that...), does anyone here have any clue as to what the problem could be?

UPDATE: Just noticed that the wifi adapter is being disabled briefly just after I enter the network password, no idea what's going on.

legend383, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Windows can't stay connected to my wifi network

WIFI not staying connected

Hi ,

Welcome to our Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to check the following methods.

This issue may occur due to corrupt network drivers or settings.

I would suggest you to run network adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps. Please follow

Method 1:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Network Adapter".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

Remove and re-create the wireless network connection

To remove and re-create the wireless network connection, follow these steps:

1.Click Start, type ncpa.cpl, and then hit Enter.

2.Right-click your wireless network connection, and then click
    Properties.

3.Click the Wireless Networks tab.

4.Under Preferred networks, click your wireless network, and then click Remove.

5.Click View Wireless Networks.

6.Under Network Tasks, click Refresh Network List.

7.Under Choose a wireless network, click the wireless network to which you want to connect, and then click Connect.

Also follow the troubleshooting steps from this article and check if it helps.

Note: This article also applies to Windows 10

Wired and Wireless Network Problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Why can’t I get online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

If you need further assistance we will be glad to help.

Anup Karkal, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows can't stay connected to my wifi network

1. Windows can't stay connected to my wifi network - Similar Threads - can't stay connected

2. wifi will not stay connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi will not stay connected: i am beyond over this i did have an ethernet connection but have moved and that is not an optionstart off connected it may last 2 min may last 10 then drops and reconnects sometimes this is any wifi network including mobile hotspots.. i have updated drivers, restore factory...
  3. WIFI : Can't connect to this network!!

WIFI : Can't connect to this network!!: from 3 to 5 days whenever I tried to connect wifi network to my windows 10 pc it says cant connect to this network. how to resolve this issue?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-cant-connect-to-this-network/9c38f3a7-9acd-47a9-8fff-cd22c42b80ae
  4. Problem in staying connected to a Wifi network

Problem in staying connected to a Wifi network: Hello, I need help with the the issue I am facing consistently. I am not able to keep my device Acer Swift 3 connected to my home WIFI network. It keeps getting disconnected after a restart or being idle for a few mins. It is taking a lot of hard work to connect it again....
  5. WiFi will not stay connected to one network in particular

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi will not stay connected to one network in particular: I am currently staying at a hotel for an extended period of time for work. Their WiFi isn’t the best, but until recently, it’s been consistent For the past 3 or 4 days, my pc connects intermittently to the WiFi network. It will connect, disconnect repeatedly. I have scoured...
  6. Can't connect to this network (WiFi)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to this network (WiFi): I go to UT Austin and my apartment runs on MyCampusNet. It randomly stopped working today saying "can't connect to this network." I've tried many things such as: manually reinstalling & updating ac adapter drivers re-enabling adapter disabling firewalls flushing dns...
  7. Can't connect to WiFi Networks

Can't connect to WiFi Networks: I'm having a serious and ongoing issue connecting to Wifi networks. I've lost hours of productivity due to this issue and continue to do so. Please help me resolve these issues as they are preventing me from doing work and making the money I need to survive. ISSUE: When I...
  8. WIFI will not stay connected on my computer

WIFI will not stay connected on my computer: How to fix the problem is listed below. Go to Network and Sharing Center select Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your wireless connection (the name of the wireless connection) - select Properties - select Configure. Click on the Power Management tab - deselect "Allow...
  9. WiFi Will not Stay Connected

WiFi Will not Stay Connected: I have a Asus Q200E and i have windows 10 on the computer. When using my Mac, it never has problems staying connected to the wifi so I know that is not the issue. I need help with this issue. Thanks...
  10. Can't connect to WiFi network

Can't connect to WiFi network: I cannot connect my PC to WiFi. I need WiFi driver 107454