Windows 10: Windows Can't Update Because of This. Any Ideas?

Discus and support Windows Can't Update Because of This. Any Ideas? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CrimsonGandalf [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CrimsonGandalf, May 16, 2022.

1. Windows Can't Update Because of This. Any Ideas?

/u/CrimsonGandalf, May 16, 2022
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Can't Update Because of This. Any Ideas? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 16, 2022
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 16, 2022
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows Can't Update Because of This. Any Ideas?

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Thema:

Windows Can't Update Because of This. Any Ideas?

1. Windows Can't Update Because of This. Any Ideas? - Similar Threads - Can't Update Ideas

2. any ideas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    any ideas: and still nothing but it seems to work with my phone’s hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-ideas/cf4d3957-9805-4919-bc0a-de57203282b2
  3. any ideas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any ideas: and still nothing but it seems to work with my phone’s hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-ideas/cf4d3957-9805-4919-bc0a-de57203282b2
  4. any ideas

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows update failure 80072EFE. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update failure 80072EFE. Any ideas?: windows update failure 80072EFE. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-failure-80072efe-any-ideas/2e6dd9c8-4ffb-4861-b207-73eda8f9a841
  6. windows update failure 80072EFE. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update failure 80072EFE. Any ideas?: windows update failure 80072EFE. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-failure-80072efe-any-ideas/2e6dd9c8-4ffb-4861-b207-73eda8f9a841
  7. Can't Pair Bluetooth Keyboard - any ideas?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Pair Bluetooth Keyboard - any ideas?: Hi Guys, I've got a Windows 10 Pro build 19041 that I'm trying to Pair a Logitech K810 keyboard to. It used to work fine for a few months and then started playing up and now I when putting the keyboard in pairing mode can't even see it when looking to add a bluetooth device...
  8. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ideas?: Hey, can I ask for help? Recently I updated my windows, and as soon as the update finished, there is no volume. I tried to look it at the internet and through device manager but the “sound, game controller” thing was not there. I tried to instqll it but when its installing...
  9. Can't Pair Bluetooth Keyboard - any ideas?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Pair Bluetooth Keyboard - any ideas?: Hi Guys, I've got a Windows 10 Pro build 19041 that I'm trying to Pair a Logitech K810 keyboard to. It used to work fine for a few months and then started playing up and now I when putting the keyboard in pairing mode can't even see it when looking to add a bluetooth device...
  10. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ideas?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/elarsia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iin2nl/any_ideas/