Windows 10: Windows "Cast To" streaming very slow

Discus and support Windows "Cast To" streaming very slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We just moved to a new location in another state & my PC is attached to the same devices the same way. I frequently use the Windows 10 "Cast To"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RONALDKAPPES, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Windows "Cast To" streaming very slow

We just moved to a new location in another state & my PC is attached to the same devices the same way. I frequently use the Windows 10 "Cast To" option to play videos on my TV & the the speed was flawless in our old house but here in the new house it stops every 10 seconds to reload, for a long time making it impossible to watch. In the old location I had a much faster speed than here 400Mbs vs 100Mbs. I was assured by the tech person at our new place that 100 Mbs should be all that I need. Can I rule out connection speed as the cause of the slowness & look for some other cause or should I increase my connection speed?

:)

RONALDKAPPES, Dec 21, 2019
  2. ARI
    Ari Win User

Native Windows support for audio casting / streaming to WiFi Speakers

For casting video or audio, Windows 10 supports casting to DLNA compatible devices from the Cast To menu.

There are purportedly hundreds of devices that allow streaming via DLNA compatibility, such as Playstation 4, and some Sonos audio devices.

You can follow steps to do that from this website, as an example.

edit removed Bluetooth option as it is not a WiFi standard.

3. Xylee Del Win User
    no streaming

Hi,

Windows 10 has an improved capability to stream on your devices through casting. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to cast a device using Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Go to a website that contains the media (ex: video, picture, audio) that you want to cast, click the
      ellipsis button at the top right corner, and select Cast media to device.
    • Windows will now try to connect to your network and detect your DLNA device (smart TV).
    • Make sure to turn on the Bluetooth on your smart TV. Click on the DLNA device (smart TV) you want to cast to.
    • Windows will now connect and cast to your DLNA device (smart TV).

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Windows "Cast To" streaming very slow

Windows 10 Cast to Device not working

Hi,

Issues with using the Cast to Device feature is usually happening due to a misconfigured settings. To address this concern, we suggest resetting the
    Streaming permissions on your computer. Follow these steps to do so:

• Using Cortana, type Windows Media Player and then click on it from the search results.
    • Click on Stream and then choose Turn on media streaming.
      Windows "Cast To" streaming very slow 25de1113-bd2d-440f-a87c-49ea7f168978?upload=true.png

• A Control Panel window will appear. Click on Turn on media streaming button and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows "Cast To" streaming very slow

1. Windows "Cast To" streaming very slow - Similar Threads - Cast streaming very

2. Very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow: I am trying to downgrade my extremely slow windows 10 laptop to windows 7 but I got an error saying Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer and it even takes so long to startup and show my account and password box and when I type in my password...
  3. Very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow: I am trying to downgrade my extremely slow windows 10 laptop to windows 7 but I got an error saying Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer and it even takes so long to startup and show my account and password box and when I type in my password...
  4. Windows Very Slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Very Slow: Hi, Im on windows 1903 on a Lenvo Thinkpad Edge E430c It's super solw. Can I speed up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-very-slow/f258fed3-6132-44af-905c-833a4d6250a4
  5. very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    very slow: my device very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow/eaf30d84-58ab-4c41-9f93-dc2c1b7f95ce
  6. Windows 10 very very slow

Windows 10 very very slow: Hi I have an HP Spectre x360 wxith an Intel Core i7-7500U, 2,7 GHz, 16Go RAM and a 2TB hard drive 1.45To free. Since one week my PC is very very slow. I'm using Kaspersky Total Security without any alert. I'm also using MalwareByte without also any alert I run...
  7. Slow Streaming

Slow Streaming: How can I fix slow streaming? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-streaming/672dcd34-959e-44cb-a162-b8b47c8e0eff
  8. Very very slow computer

Very very slow computer: My laptop Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series became very very slow in running all applications etc since last 2 weeks. It started after installing few window updates. How to get out of it. Please help....
  9. Very, very slow internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very, very slow internet: Good Morning For the past week I have been having problems with internet pages being very slow to load, having to be constantly refreshed to display the content and often not displaying the content at all despite repeated attempts. I have had my telephone line and...
  10. Slow streaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow streaming: I have written a program that streams video between two computers. Also saves it and provides a playback feature. It works fine with Windows 8 but with windows 10 The playback breaks up. Is there any difference in windows eight and windows 10 networking configuration or any...