Windows 10: Windows causes weird "beeping" noise

Discus and support Windows causes weird "beeping" noise in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, since I have installed Windows 10, I noticed weird "beeping" noise. It's not classic beeping sound you can hear, when there is something wrong.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by denco, Oct 21, 2017.

1. denco Win User

Windows causes weird "beeping" noise

Hi,
    since I have installed Windows 10, I noticed weird "beeping" noise. It's not classic beeping sound you can hear, when there is something wrong. It's not even coming from speakers. It's like mechanical, not sure how to call it.

I was using Ubuntu before and I'm pretty sure there was no noise like this. And since I have installed the system from CD (not from recovery partition), I'm thinking it might be caused by driver, but not sure what driver could it be.

My hardware is:
    Asus ZenBook UX410
    Intel Core i5-7200U
    8GB of RAM
    SanDisk SD8SB8U512G1002

:)

denco, Oct 21, 2017

2. CK-7w problem

If it's a low beep, its the "can't find a phone" noise. There's a beep when it starts looking, and a bit later (about 20-30 secs) there's a second beep when it can't see anything. It just does that.

cool_n_funky, Oct 21, 2017
  3. Shift Key making annoying sound

Unfortunately that didn't do the trick. I also turned off the "modifier key noise" but it's still beeping....

kraftdiffer, Oct 21, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Hi denco and welcome to Tenforums.

Did you try to change the sound sheme? You could disable sounds, to check if it's system sound. After that you can find out what sound it is and what is causing it.

Is it possible that CD is still in drive - do you even have one??

Windows causes weird "beeping" noise [​IMG]

AndreTen, Oct 21, 2017
  5. denco Win User
    When I mute the sound, the noise does not stop. I don't have CD drive.

If my phone is able to catch that sound, I'll record it. But not sure about that.

denco, Oct 21, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    Yes...please....see if you can record the sound and post it. Your mechanical description of the sound would indicate it's coming from the HDD or a Fan. Pull the side panel off and video it as close as you can.

Plankton, Oct 22, 2017
  7. AndreTen Win User
    I guess it's a fan then. There are some info about ASUS laptops and pitchy noise. Also some solutions for it. Check first, if there is BIOS update available for your laptop.

Edit: now I remembered ... Try muting your microphone (or lower the "microphone boost" to 0)

read more here in comments

AndreTen, Oct 22, 2017
  8. denco Win User

Plankton: I have SSD, not HDD.
    AndreTen: The BIOS file that is on Asus website is older than the BIOS I already have. My microphone has already been muted. I'll check out the link and comments. And I'll Google more about that "pitchy noise" (I guess I couldn't find the word "pitchy").

denco, Oct 22, 2017
  9. AndreTen Win User
    Sorry, it's my English... high-pitched noise would be better description. In the link above, you'll find some possible solution to this kind of noise in ASUS (others probably too). I have no idea, if it relates to your problem, or if it helps...

But be careful about changing registry. Backup your drive (a lot of users here are satisfied with Macrium Reflect free. Making Image of disk is simple and quick, if anything goes wrong, just boot from USB and restore previous state.

AndreTen, Oct 22, 2017
  10. denco Win User
    Ok, something new. I think the noise does not happen, when the laptop is on battery.

denco, Oct 23, 2017
  11. AndreTen Win User
    Could it be power adaptor? Or jus the change of power plan, which could affect the vents

AndreTen, Oct 23, 2017
  12. damocles Win User
    I think we need to see and hear the issue - can you post a low res video via instagram or twitter. Power adapters can make a sound but that is usually a buzzing noise.

Upon boot up computers can beep to indicate hardware errors, like memory / hard-drive / motherboard issues.

I think we need more clarity to help you.

damocles, Oct 25, 2017
  13. Mooly Win User

Does the noise change with brightness setting ?

Mooly, Oct 25, 2017
  14. denco Win User
    noise.zip
    Hi,
    sorry for not being active in this post.
    Finally managed to record the sound (I posted it as a attachment, link is above). I recommend turning up your volume, then you can hear the sound pretty good.

denco, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows causes weird "beeping" noise - Similar Threads - causes weird beeping

2. Screen freezes and beeping noises

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen freezes and beeping noises: Lately I've been having this error; my screen would freeze or slow down for about 10-20 seconds, and afterwards a number of beeps would play between 2-5, no consistency between them. After that the PC would continue working as usual, but this has been happening to me on a...
  3. Weird noises.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird noises.: When i hold down SHIFT and press E, F or T. It makes a werid noise. Just really annoying when im trying to play games and you gotta press things like that often. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-noises/dbac6220-e6a8-41b0-880c-b8257b4399ca
  4. Laptop making beeping noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop making beeping noise: So I was using the draw function with a drawing tablet in word to do my homework, but every time I use this function, the laptop starts to make beeping noises as my cursor moves and all the buttons stop working. This keeps happening even I restart the laptop. I'm a person who...
  5. Weird Noise

Weird Noise: I keep hearing a weird noise playing on my laptop. It sounds like a waterdrop noise. I am not sure where it is coming from, and I want to stop it. I have tried muting notifications and it still plays....
  6. Weird beeping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird beeping: Hey people, so, I was playing payday 2 and listening to some youtube videos and after the video ended I pressed the windows key to exit the game and switch videos, but for some reason my pc made a weird beep when I pressed the key, anyone know why? And weirdly enough I...
  7. I have a beeping noise

I have a beeping noise: I have a beeping noise that is like doooo, long pause DO DO DO. What may this be and what is a fix for it? My pc is a AlienWare Aurora R11 incase that's helpful. It recently started yesterday. I have restarted my pc and unplugged everything and plugged it back in. I recently...
  8. Beeping noises

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Beeping noises: Hi, a few days ago my laptop started making random beeping noises, even when muted. I didn't have this problem at all on Linux. submitted by /u/friedcouch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ji5brd/beeping_noises/
  9. Beeping noise from computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Beeping noise from computer?: My Pavilion HP All-in-one started beeping very loud today. I turned it on, then there were 3 low beeps, then continuous, high-pitched beeps. I have no clue what happened over night as I used it before the incident. My windows version is Windows 10....
  10. Windows 10 Beeping noises

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Beeping noises: Whenever i open anything in my taskbar my computer lags for a second and i hear a three beeps. What is this and how can i make it stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-beeping-noises/914fd4e2-f88b-40cc-bdf5-a3b203a1b2ce