Windows 10: Windows CD but No Disk reader.

Discus and support Windows CD but No Disk reader. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering what I should do. I just built a new pc and accidentally ordered windows as a cd and with no reader, I am stuck without a usable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JacksonWilloughby, May 5, 2020.

1. Windows CD but No Disk reader.

Hi,

I was wondering what I should do. I just built a new pc and accidentally ordered windows as a cd and with no reader, I am stuck without a usable computer. I was wondering if I could trade in the unused product key for a digital flash drive download. I like using windows so I would rather not pirate it like some people do.

Any way I can get some help with this?

Thank you,

Jackson W.

:)

JacksonWilloughby, May 5, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say, “how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back” are you not able to open the drive to enter a disk or trying to replace the drive?
    • What is the exact model number of the HP Envy PC that you are using? To check type:
      msinfo32 in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If the CD/DVD drive is not getting detected on the computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8).

If you are unable to burn CD/DVD using the drive, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article

HP PCs - CD or DVD Drive Cannot Burn Discs (Windows 10, 8)

Please provide more information on the issue that you are facing to help you with the appropriate steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 5, 2020
  3. where is the windows 10 Reader App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to launch Reader App and check if this helps:

• Press ‘Windows’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type ‘Reader, and press enter.
    • Click on Reader App and it will be launched.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 5, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Windows CD but No Disk reader.

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows CD but No Disk reader.

1. Windows CD but No Disk reader. - Similar Threads - Disk reader

2. How to use floppy disk reader in WIN 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use floppy disk reader in WIN 10: How can I get my laptop to recognize my floppy disk reader on my LENOVO with WIN 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-floppy-disk-reader-in-win-10/09cb03eb-e901-4765-8d4b-b6faa3ad7ea4
  3. How to use floppy disk reader in WIN 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use floppy disk reader in WIN 10: How can I get my laptop to recognize my floppy disk reader on my LENOVO with WIN 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-floppy-disk-reader-in-win-10/09cb03eb-e901-4765-8d4b-b6faa3ad7ea4
  4. How to use floppy disk reader in WIN 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Tried to run CDfs-mounted disk in a DVD/CD only external optical disk reader, now this PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried to run CDfs-mounted disk in a DVD/CD only external optical disk reader, now this PC...: Order of events:- set my grandpa's newly-arrived external disk reader to automatically play an inserted DVD in VLC media player on his PC, which I test successfully- he insterts a DVD today, automatically loads up and plays in VLC media player as expected- he then inserts a...
  6. Tried to run CDfs-mounted disk in a DVD/CD only external optical disk reader, now this PC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tried to run CDfs-mounted disk in a DVD/CD only external optical disk reader, now this PC...: Order of events:- set my grandpa's newly-arrived external disk reader to automatically play an inserted DVD in VLC media player on his PC, which I test successfully- he insterts a DVD today, automatically loads up and plays in VLC media player as expected- he then inserts a...
  7. Tried to run CDfs-mounted disk in a DVD/CD only external optical disk reader, now this PC...

8. Are all laptop dvd/disk readers the same?

Are all laptop dvd/disk readers the same?: So I look on Amazon, and find a hard disk drive laptop DVD/disk drive enclosure, do these things actually work on all laptops?And therefore could I use one on mine?...
  9. Drive D - disk reader

Drive D - disk reader: I would like to back-up data on drive D but when I insert a blank disk it asks that I format the disk. It will not allow me to format the disk. Is there a way to format a blank disk is Drive D? I am using a Dell Inspiron 15R 5521...
  10. How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware...

How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware...: I have a built in card reader device, How to override removable capability to let device & removable drive not list in Safely Remove Hardware in Windows 10 19H1?...