Windows 10: Windows "Change Adapter Option's" not opening via "Settings" menu

Discus and support Windows "Change Adapter Option's" not opening via "Settings" menu in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good evening..... I am using a Dell G3 Laptop, with the 2004 Windows 10 Update recently installed. I have tried searching google for the answer's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JasonDinges, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Windows "Change Adapter Option's" not opening via "Settings" menu

Good evening.....

I am using a Dell G3 Laptop, with the 2004 Windows 10 Update recently installed. I have tried searching google for the answer's but cannot find it anywhere....

So, what happens is this....

If I open my Settings menu, go to my networking and wifi section..... click on the "Change Adapter Options" NOTHING will pop up on the screen, but Task Manager will in fact show a new "Control Panel" process has started.

But

If I open "Control Panel" itself, and go to the network section, the "Change Adapter Options" works perfectly fine....

I did a complete system restore on the laptop AFTER 2004 was installed and it appeared to work..... then as soon as I plugged it into a docking station to do some work, the issue returned. I have attempted to see if there was a driver that was old, outdated, anything.... but according to Dell, Intel, NVIDIA, all my drivers are current.

I shouldnt have to reinstall windows to fix the issue..... and while it is not system breaking at the moment at least I cannot believe that I am the only one having this issue.....

Any assistance will be most appreciated!

:)

JasonDinges, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

3. shokarta Win User
    Network Adapter - Power Option for WakeOnLan set via Registry - Win10

Dear gurus,

Im looking for a way to set up the power management option for a device (im OK to find out device ID in registry) exactly like this:

Windows "Change Adapter Option's" not opening via "Settings" menu [​IMG]

Maybe you can also explain all three options what do they do, because Im looking for as simple as possible way to:

• Wake On Lan turned off device (there will be no hibernate, sleep, lock etc, only turned off)
    • device should be turned on all the time, but will be piwered via PoE, therefore only time when the device will shut down is in case of loosing power from PoE or accidently manualy turned off (there is no power button on the device, so i can turn it back on, and device is fitted to the wall so wont be easy to reach the PoE cable to unplug and plug back to power it up)
    • what is the "magic" packet? the setting "only allow magic packet" is quite confusing, is there any other "nonmagic" packet which can be used for WOL the device?

I have only find some link in support microsoft link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...etwork-adapter but it seems ot be quite outdated for win 7/8, not for win10 IoT

shokarta, Jul 26, 2020
  4. KD12 Win User

Windows "Change Adapter Option's" not opening via "Settings" menu

Change Adapter Options Wont Open

Try this:

1. Open run (Windows Key + R) > type gpedit.msc > Open
    2. In the navigation pane on the left, expand Computer Configuration > Windows Settings >
      Security Settings > Local Policies
    3. Select Security Options
    4. On the right pane, scroll down and double click User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account
    5. Select Enabled
    6. Apply > OK and then Restart Windows

Change Adapter Options should be working now.

Windows "Change Adapter Option's" not opening via "Settings" menu 9ea586f7-e660-4ebc-bffe-ebf61f8e39f9?upload=true.png

Thema:

Windows "Change Adapter Option's" not opening via "Settings" menu

1. Windows "Change Adapter Option's" not opening via "Settings" menu - Similar Threads - Change Adapter Option's

2. I cannot open 'Change Adapter Options' on Network & Internet Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot open 'Change Adapter Options' on Network & Internet Setting: I cannot open 'Change Adapter Options' on Network & Internet Setting even though i have it opened using the control panel. i click "Change Adapter Options" but nothing happens, every other button works fine but nothing happens when clicking that one. i am attempting to...
  3. I cannot open 'Change Adapter Options' on Network & Internet Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot open 'Change Adapter Options' on Network & Internet Setting: I cannot open 'Change Adapter Options' on Network & Internet Setting even though i have it opened using the control panel. i click "Change Adapter Options" but nothing happens, every other button works fine but nothing happens when clicking that one. i am attempting to...
  4. I cannot open 'Change Adapter Options' on Network & Internet Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. setting menu not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    setting menu not opening: after latest update setting menu not responding why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-menu-not-opening/cf745f34-3186-4f19-af5b-b584a3f45498
  6. Windows 10: Problems opening files via "Open with" menu, and with setting default programs...

Windows 10: Problems opening files via "Open with" menu, and with setting default programs...: Hello! I recently re-added two versions of Adobe Photoshop Elements PSE to my laptop, after having to reinstall Windows. I need both apps because each has features I use that the other doesn't have. Before the Windows reinstall, both apps had always automatically appeared...
  7. Network Adapter - Power Option for WakeOnLan set via Registry - Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapter - Power Option for WakeOnLan set via Registry - Win10: Dear gurus, Im looking for a way to set up the power management option for a device (im OK to find out device ID in registry) exactly like this: [img] Maybe you can also explain all three options what do they do, because Im looking for as simple as possible way to:...
  8. Change Adapter Options Wont Open

Change Adapter Options Wont Open: Hi, For some reason I cannot open 'Change Adapter Options' on Network & Internet Setting under the 'Related settings'. Task manager shows under background processes Windows control panel is running but the window of Network connection is does not show. How to repair this?...
  9. Setting Defender Options via GPO

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting Defender Options via GPO: Hi all, I am trying to change a setting for 'App & browser control' --> 'Check apps and files' from 'Warn' to 'Block' via a GPO setting. I believe that I have the latest Windows Defender template installed. I cannot see an option to enforce the 'Block' setting, I I can...
  10. Change Adapter Options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Adapter Options: Why am I having to continuously change my adapter setting to get on the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-adapter-options/418498c8-8891-41e1-b302-6c3d6883c4ef