Windows 10: Windows - change of desktop

Discus and support Windows - change of desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just clicked on an icon that appeared to be Microsoft. It changed my desktop and removed or deleted all files except my internet security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by P KJohns, Oct 26, 2021.

1. P KJohns Win User

Windows - change of desktop

I just clicked on an icon that appeared to be Microsoft. It changed my desktop and removed or deleted all files except my internet security applications. Is there a way to restore to the previous & recover files?

:)

P KJohns, Oct 26, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 26, 2021
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4. Windows - change of desktop

How to change default desktop color

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you would like to change the default desktop color.

You may follow the steps given below and check.

• Click on the start button.

• Click on settings.

• Click on personalization.

• Select color.

• Choose a color for your desktop.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

Get Started with Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows - change of desktop

1. Windows - change of desktop - Similar Threads - change desktop

2. KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....: KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting. there is no way to change the taskbar to a solid color anymore You had your desktop and your taskbar had a solid color so you could see your app icons and the time and date. Now you...
  3. KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....: KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting. there is no way to change the taskbar to a solid color anymore You had your desktop and your taskbar had a solid color so you could see your app icons and the time and date. Now you...
  4. How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?: I have several icons on my desktop and I would like to change a color of text assigned to them, for example : from white to red. I don't want to change anything else, only this part. Is there a functionality on Windows 11 which give such an ability?...
  5. How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?

How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?: I have several icons on my desktop and I would like to change a color of text assigned to them, for example : from white to red. I don't want to change anything else, only this part. Is there a functionality on Windows 11 which give such an ability?...
  6. desktop icons keep changing place after startup

desktop icons keep changing place after startup: desktop icons keep changing place after startup in Win10, I upgraded it to Win11 also same issueI tried many methods but still https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing-place-after-startup/8a414306-7037-43bb-8f1f-68ef784350d0
  7. desktop icons keep changing place after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icons keep changing place after startup: desktop icons keep changing place after startup in Win10, I upgraded it to Win11 also same issueI tried many methods but still https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing-place-after-startup/8a414306-7037-43bb-8f1f-68ef784350d0
  8. Desktop Folder Icons Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Folder Icons Changed: Hi. I read a few complaints that the Folder Icons on W11 stay open when they should not. Here is my solution if you want to keep them closed.Go to Personalization, Themes, Scroll to Desktop Item Settings. Uncheck Allow Themes to change Desktop Item. Then create a New Folder,...
  9. Desktop Folder Icons Changed

Desktop Folder Icons Changed: Hi. I read a few complaints that the Folder Icons on W11 stay open when they should not. Here is my solution if you want to keep them closed.Go to Personalization, Themes, Scroll to Desktop Item Settings. Uncheck Allow Themes to change Desktop Item. Then create a New Folder,...
  10. desktop layout randomly changed

desktop layout randomly changed: When I woke up today, all my icons have grown despite the size scaling being untouched. it also spread the icons randomly all over the desktop for reference, my desktop had a lot of dead space and now there's maybe 1 spot without an icon....