Windows 10: Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2

Discus and support Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i had genuine windows 10 home, when i update my windows, after restart, it changed from Home to Enterprise. Now windows is not activated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bharathks1, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2

i had genuine windows 10 home, when i update my windows, after restart, it changed from Home to Enterprise. Now windows is not activated.

:)

Bharathks1, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Awesoft Win User

Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE...

Since I changed the product key from Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise:

• Can't update to TH2
    • Can't reinstall Enteprise or Pro ISO's, keeping personal files (this option is disabled because ..."you are installing a different version of Windows").

Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2 [​IMG]

So now I have a unknown-hybrid version? *Confused

Awesoft, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 seems to have upgraded itself from Home to Enterprise

Hi,

Normally, the enterprise version is only offered to businesses or organization to better manage multiple computers. While it is not common for Windows 10 home to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise without doing anything, we would like to ask a couple of questions
    so we can identify why the Windows version has suddenly changed. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you currently running? Please type
      winver
      in the Windows Search bar and provide us the screenshot.
    • Was the laptop purchased from a retail store or was initially used in a business establishment?
    • Have you installed updates or made changes to the computer settings prior to the issue?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 1, 2020
  4. deving Win User

Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2

1. Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2 - Similar Threads - changed home enterprise

2. Trouble with display issues after windows update 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble with display issues after windows update 20H2: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop and have been having critical issues with the video card I think. This all started sometime in the past couple of weeks after running several windows updates perhaps the Windows Feature Update for 20H2? Problem: It will run for around 10...
  3. Bluetooth not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not working after 20H2 update: I just built my own PC just a few weeks ago and I bought a WIFI card from a random brand called Fenvi. It had integrated Bluetooth also and it worked fine for the first few weeks on Windows 2004. No dropouts and everything was fine, until I updated to 20H2. Can I expect an...
  4. After update Windows version changed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update Windows version changed: I have upgraded my Windows 10 PC to 2004. I used to have Windows Pro but after update the version has changed to Education. Moreover the activation has disappeared. How can I retrieve Windows 10 Pro? Thank you in advance....
  5. feature update to windows 10 version 20H2 error 0xc1900101

feature update to windows 10 version 20H2 error 0xc1900101: Dear community, I am getting the 0xc1900101 error for a few month already when trying to update my Windows 10. I tried with the latest feature update to windows 10 version 20H2 today and the problem still remains. I tried a lot of solutions found on the internet to solve...
  6. Notepad got uninstalled after Windows 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notepad got uninstalled after Windows 20H2 update: I request your help: my Microsoft Notepad got uninstalled (don't know how) after the Windows 20H2 update today. I am in the Slow Ring of the Windows Insider Program (WIP), and installed the 20H2 update that came today. I tried to open a text file later, it asked me to select...
  7. Downgrading from Windows 10 Enterprise to Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrading from Windows 10 Enterprise to Home: Hello, I wish to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise edition to Home, and I've been looking at some forums regarding the topic. However, they all seem to state that a clean installation is required. Is there a way to avoid having to completely clean my PC in order to do this...
  8. After Windows 10 version upgrade via Windows update server it change to enterprise

After Windows 10 version upgrade via Windows update server it change to enterprise: Hi In one of our enterprise account found Windows 10 professional change to enterprise automatically after Windows 10 version upgrade. How to stop converting the same ? Version upgrade was done via Windows update server. Bichitra [ATTACH]...
  9. Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Home

Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Home: I have a licence to activate Windows using a Windows 10 Home copy on a computer, but the computer I want it on will not let me downgrade from Enterprise, which my friend had put on it and it was an invalid Key, and I want Home put on it, but I can't activate it with Home...
  10. Windows Update Change from Pro to Enterprise

Windows Update Change from Pro to Enterprise: My computer has Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. After I ran Windows Update and 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4505903) was installed, Windows Settings states "Windows isn't activated. Activate Windows now. After unsuccessfully trying...