Windows 10: Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2

Discus and support Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i had genuine windows 10 home, when i update my windows, after restart, it changed from Home to Enterprise. Now windows is not activated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bharathks1, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2

i had genuine windows 10 home, when i update my windows, after restart, it changed from Home to Enterprise. Now windows is not activated.

:)

Bharathks1, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Awesoft Win User

Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE...

Since I changed the product key from Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise:

• Can't update to TH2
    • Can't reinstall Enteprise or Pro ISO's, keeping personal files (this option is disabled because ..."you are installing a different version of Windows").

Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2 [​IMG]

So now I have a unknown-hybrid version? *Confused

Awesoft, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 seems to have upgraded itself from Home to Enterprise

Hi,

Normally, the enterprise version is only offered to businesses or organization to better manage multiple computers. While it is not common for Windows 10 home to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise without doing anything, we would like to ask a couple of questions
    so we can identify why the Windows version has suddenly changed. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you currently running? Please type
      winver
      in the Windows Search bar and provide us the screenshot.
    • Was the laptop purchased from a retail store or was initially used in a business establishment?
    • Have you installed updates or made changes to the computer settings prior to the issue?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 1, 2020
  4. deving Win User

Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2

1. Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2 - Similar Threads - changed home enterprise

2. Update from Windows version 1809 Enterprise LTSC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Windows version 1809 Enterprise LTSC: I have tried updating to the latest version of Windows through the ISO but got this error message: Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance....
  3. Update changed my acativiaton from Home to Enterprise version.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update changed my acativiaton from Home to Enterprise version.: Now I can't activate Windows at all and it's driving me crazy. Is there anyway to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-changed-my-acativiaton-from-home-to/d705d7c1-f8b6-491d-b0b0-407a9414a4ce
  4. after Windows 10, version 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after Windows 10, version 20H2 update: This windows update made my internet connections go whacky. When I restart nothing, all internet icons have red xs Unplug computer and turn it on again and I have internet. I have tried recovery to a previous startup and undoing update to no avail....
  5. Accidentally changed windows Home to Enterprise

Accidentally changed windows Home to Enterprise: Like many before me, my Windows Home somehow got updated to Windows Enterprise requires activation. Now I have two problems. The reason I tried to upgrade was because I purchased a Windows pro license upgrade which failed to install from the web page. My order: Microsoft...
  6. Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version

Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version: hi guys I have upgraded my windows 10 home version to 20H2 for free Bought new version of 20H2 enterprise but if i Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version do i lose my software and apps and files on my previous 20H2? Thanks...
  7. windows changed version from home to enterprise after updating and now it says my windows...

windows changed version from home to enterprise after updating and now it says my windows...: i updated my windows and then my version of windows changed from home to enterprise and now it says my windows isnt active and before the update everything worked perfectly fine... please help...
  8. Cannot change from Windows Enterprise to Windows Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change from Windows Enterprise to Windows Home: Short version: I have a freshly purchased copy of Windows 10 Home (I have the DVD and product key in hand) and cannot activate it because my PC is already running an inactivated copy of Windows 10 Enterprise. Long version: I recently built a PC and was using an old,...
  9. Windows 10 activation after version switched from Home to Enterprise

Windows 10 activation after version switched from Home to Enterprise: I have been running Windows 10 Home on this tower for years. Recently I got a message that Windows needed to be activated. After looking into it I noticed that the version had switched from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Enterprise. I was told by Microsoft support to...
  10. Windows Update Change from Pro to Enterprise

Windows Update Change from Pro to Enterprise: My computer has Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. After I ran Windows Update and 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4505903) was installed, Windows Settings states "Windows isn't activated. Activate Windows now. After unsuccessfully trying...