Windows 10: Windows changed my user account and locked me out system files?

Discus and support Windows changed my user account and locked me out system files? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; What the... Long story short; I install Windows clean, put my own name as admin; the only user. I use, let's call it 'password_one' for clarity.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by deeaa, Apr 3, 2016.

1. deeaa Win User

Windows changed my user account and locked me out system files?

What the...

Long story short; I install Windows clean, put my own name as admin; the only user.
    I use, let's call it 'password_one' for clarity.

Fine. Then once I'm in Windows I login with my MS account (which is also my Gmail address) and give it 'password_two' as it is my MS account password.

Result: now my one and only user account is my MS account, my own name, but with my Gmail adress...and I have to login to Windows as well with my MS account password, 'password_two'.

So windows decided to change it for me? Just deleted the old password and switched to using my MS account one?

OK...so nevermind, everything works fine...except it doesn't!

I can't apparently install all programs because I HAVE NO RIGHTS to edit the system32 folder contents any longer. It just says 'you must login as administrator to do this' and when I click OK it just says 'access denied'.

But I'm still the ONLY user and the ONLY admin in Users - only not with the original password but which Windows changed there! There is NO way to login as anything else, and it won't accept my original 'password_two'

So...the plot deepends...I try to do ANYTHING in policy editor for instance I get this:

Namespace 'Microsoft.Policies.Sensors.WindowsLocationProvider' is already defined as the target namespace for another file in the store.

File
    C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\Microsoft-Windows-Geolocation-WLP Adm.admx, line 5, colum 110.

WTF????

How do I regain control of my PC??? What is going on here???

Windows changed my user account and locked me out system files? [​IMG]

:)

deeaa, Apr 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 does not recognize me as Administrator even though I'm the only one in the system.

CMD does not even recognize user administrator /active:yes. Says not found.

There is also no Change Password link when in User Accounts for me or others on the system. I'm totally locked out

KirkJohnson1, Apr 3, 2016
  3. User Account Control - Administrator Password Problems

Hi,

Since updating to Windows 10 Pro, my User Account has 'lost' Administrator Rights and I cannot access or change anything.

For example - I try to 'Change Account Type' in 'User Accounts' and the UAC pop-up appears asking me to 'type an administrator password' for an email address that is not even listed in my Microsoft Account.

There is no option for a forgotten password, so I am locked out of my own system by Windows 10 asking me to enter the Administrator Password for an email address that does not exist....

Frustrated is an understatement....

Any help or ideas will be very much appreciated....

Kind regards,

Gary

subliminal12nv, Apr 3, 2016
Thema:

Windows changed my user account and locked me out system files?

1. Windows changed my user account and locked me out system files? - Similar Threads - changed user account

2. Locked out of my group me account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my group me account: The GroupMe app was not loading the videos. I was trying to send to my teacher so I logged out now when I go to log back in it wants a two-step verification with an old phone number that I don’t have anymore. I’m wondering how I can fix this problem...
  3. Locked out of my group me account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of my group me account: The GroupMe app was not loading the videos. I was trying to send to my teacher so I logged out now when I go to log back in it wants a two-step verification with an old phone number that I don’t have anymore. I’m wondering how I can fix this problem...
  4. Locked out of My son's account. Standard User

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of My son's account. Standard User: So my son either accidentally locked himself out of his account. He has an email attached to it and doesn't know the information for that either. I'm thinking they're the same password or he honestly just didn't keep track of what he was using as a password. My account is the...
  5. Locked out of My son's account. Standard User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of My son's account. Standard User: So my son either accidentally locked himself out of his account. He has an email attached to it and doesn't know the information for that either. I'm thinking they're the same password or he honestly just didn't keep track of what he was using as a password. My account is the...
  6. Locked out of My son's account. Standard User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Blocked Access to System Settings - but it locked me out not just User

in Windows 10 Support
    Blocked Access to System Settings - but it locked me out not just User: Windows is in a remote location: No current access to Version Hello, In order to keep my elderly mother from changing (and always then forgetting) her password I blocked the system Settings from her account. For unknown reasons, it blocked my account as well (Adminstrator...
  8. Windows 2004 update locked me out of my user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 2004 update locked me out of my user profile: When logging in I've used my normal password but Windows gives me one profile (when I have two) and tells me it cannot find user profile! I don't have a password reset disc and from the early days of Win10 and numerous updates have never had this problem. HELP - where to...
  9. Windows 2004 update locked me out of my user profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 2004 update locked me out of my user profile: When logging in I've used my normal password but Windows gives me one profile (when I have two) and tells me it cannot find user profile! I don't have a password reset disc and from the early days of Win10 and numerous updates have never had this problem. HELP - where to...
  10. SYSTEM user keeps locking me out from server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SYSTEM user keeps locking me out from server: Hi all! I keep having problems with my Windows 10 x64 pro account and my external NAS server. Every time I perform a boot of the PC, some kind of app is trying to access the server with the wrong credentials. The server log shows the following: <28>1...