Windows 10: Windows changes keyboard every time to English US

Discus and support Windows changes keyboard every time to English US in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, Recently when I start my computer the keyboard changes to Eng-US not Eng-UK. I only have the Eng-UK keyboard installed as I removed the Eng-US... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David Brimson UK, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Windows changes keyboard every time to English US

Hi All, Recently when I start my computer the keyboard changes to Eng-US not Eng-UK. I only have the Eng-UK keyboard installed as I removed the Eng-US keyboard. It's only happened recently so the £ key becomes a #. I can easily change it by ALt+shift but it's still annoying to to this every time I restart or turn on my computer.
    Why has this happened & how do I keep the English keyboard layout. Maybe it's due to a Microsoft update as it seems to have coincided with this recently.
    Thanks!

:)

David Brimson UK, Jun 26, 2020

2. How to Change Windows store and apps language to English

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to assist you.

As per the issue description you are willing to change the language back to English which get changed after installing November update in China.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or with all apps?
    • Is the language of the OS and keyboard in English?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Set the display language to English by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Time & Language and click on Region & Language from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add a Language under Language settings and select
      English.
    • Click on the added language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download to download the language pack.
    • After the download is complete, select the language and click Set as default.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 26, 2020
  3. TokyoMike Win User
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Jun 26, 2020
  4. kheldar Win User

Windows changes keyboard every time to English US

English Windows and Turkish Keyboard

Hello I've always used my windows in English but since my keyboard is Turkish the input language needs to be Turkish. Everytime I restart my computer Windows changes my keyboard language English which I change back to Turkish but it's frustrating to do so because I didn't have such problems with win7. Also while using the computer it sometimes changes it back to English and I'm aware of the keyboard input change shorcuts. Long story short I want my keyboard input to remain in Turkish at all times. Could any of you help me? Thanks in advance.

EDIT : SOLVED. Apparently you can add other languages keyboard to a display language. I manually added Turkish keyboard and deleted English keyboard this fixed my issue.

kheldar, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows changes keyboard every time to English US

1. Windows changes keyboard every time to English US - Similar Threads - changes keyboard every

2. US-ENGLISH keyboard missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    US-ENGLISH keyboard missing: After I added the Chinese simplified keyboard I can't switch back to English-US keyboard. The English-US option does not even show up in the language bar. How do I solve this issue?...
  3. US-ENGLISH keyboard missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    US-ENGLISH keyboard missing: After I added the Chinese simplified keyboard I can't switch back to English-US keyboard. The English-US option does not even show up in the language bar. How do I solve this issue?...
  4. English US keyboard keeps adding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English US keyboard keeps adding: I have had this issue on Windows 10 and now 11. Just a quick question for Microsoft. How hard is it to fix this problem? It's been ages. I think it's pretty easy for a multi-billion company to fix an issue that is the automatically adding keyboard????Basically, the English US...
  5. English US keyboard keeps adding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    English US keyboard keeps adding: I have had this issue on Windows 10 and now 11. Just a quick question for Microsoft. How hard is it to fix this problem? It's been ages. I think it's pretty easy for a multi-billion company to fix an issue that is the automatically adding keyboard????Basically, the English US...
  6. Windows 10 Keyboard Set to UK English but works as US English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Keyboard Set to UK English but works as US English: Hello, We have recently upgraded all our machines to Windows 10 in the office from Windows 7 however it seems that after the upgrade some users have started getting US English keyboards. I have looked through Language settings in the settings area and nowhere does it...
  7. English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself: About maybe once a week this English (United States) keyboard adds itself and as I don't need it I have to delete it every time. Is there a way to prevent it from appearing? And if it's intended behavior, well, it's really inconvenient. Language of Windows 10 is set to...
  8. Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International: Hello, I am new in W10. Still busy installing and familiarizing... Installed my TWO main languages: English/US and DUTCH (my native language) Installed the US INTERNATIONAL keyboard for both languages. It worked... But... Today I noticed that my ENGLISH US has the default...
  9. Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International: Hello, I am new in W10. Still busy installing and familiarizing... Installed my TWO main languages: English/US and DUTCH (my native language) Installed the US INTERNATIONAL keyboard for both languages. It worked... But... Today I noticed that my ENGLISH US has the default...
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942