Windows 10: Windows changes logon password to computer after update

Discus and support Windows changes logon password to computer after update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; On one of my computers, the logon password does not work after the new update. It even gives the correct hint for the password. I have tried to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Cgsfromkc, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Cgsfromkc Win User

Windows changes logon password to computer after update

On one of my computers, the logon password does not work after the new update. It even gives the correct hint for the password. I have tried to restart in safe mode, but it still doesn't recognize the password. I have tried to uninstall the latest update and when it asks for the password to do that, it recognized it. After uninstalling the latest update, it is possible to logon using the password. Why does this happen and when will Microsoft get a fix for it???

The only thing I can think of to do right now is to add an administrator account and see if I can log in that way even though the account I am logging on with is an administrator account, and to stop the automatic updates even though I can only pause the updates for 35 days. I am not using the Microsoft Account to log onto the computer, so please don't post any fixes that make you use another computer to change the password on your Microsoft Account. It is a local log on only and I have not been able to see any fixes for that in the search function on this site.

This computer is running:

Windows 10 pro

version: 2004

Installed on: 8/7/2020

OS Build: 19041.450

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

if this helps. I am unsure what feature pack/update getting installed is causing the issues.

Thanks for the help.

:)

Cgsfromkc, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Ngavmot Win User

Cant change windows Logon password

Sorry this is not helping me

I dont want to change my Microsoft account

I want to change my Logon Password

I have fallowed the steps and all i did was sign out and sign in again

I dont Understand this

also I dont want to use my Microsoft account password for my log in password

I think there is no Solution for me

I will Just stay with this Password

Ngavmot, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Changing PC Password Logon

Hi, Mary.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern, we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

As per your query, I suggest that you refer to the steps provided below and check if you can change the password:

• Sign in to your Microsoft Account, click on the Start Menu, and then click on Settings.
    • Select Security and Privacy, select Change Password.
    • Enter the new password you want and Save Changes.

Also refer to the links below for more information.

Link 1: How do I change my password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-password

Link 2: Reset Password.

Reset your password

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Windows changes logon password to computer after update

unable to remove windows logon password

unable to remove windows logon password

went to control panel user accounts and there is no longer a ' remove password ' option as with windows 7

i changed the settings to ' not require a password on logon' but made no difference at all

it now boots saying password wrong, until I enter a password then all ok...

MS suggest adding a new account and logging in with that without a password then deleting the old one.....

does not not work as the add account is greyed out.

cant see why this is so difficult..

as as a side issue since trying to remove the windows logon password I am now presented on boot up with an OS choice wi cows 10 or 7.... I am certain this wasn't there before..

any my help would be appreciated
    thanks

reddwarf4ever, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows changes logon password to computer after update

1. Windows changes logon password to computer after update - Similar Threads - changes logon password

2. Cannot logon on to computer using previous username/password. After reboot, computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot logon on to computer using previous username/password. After reboot, computer...: I remote logged into a computer, it was after a reboot the physical location performed. The welcome screen forced me to create and logon with a microsoft user account, so i entered mines and the computer had me go through prompts, and eventually i was logged on as myself on...
  3. windows logon after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows logon after update: Windows update is going to send me to an early grave. A couple of montha ago after a windows update it logged me out of my google account. This had 2 step verification wit my old works mobile. Long story short i`ve now lost my gmail account and all thats with it. I`ve got...
  4. windows logon after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows logon after update: Windows update is going to send me to an early grave. A couple of montha ago after a windows update it logged me out of my google account. This had 2 step verification wit my old works mobile. Long story short i`ve now lost my gmail account and all thats with it. I`ve got...
  5. Does auto logon still work after change the password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does auto logon still work after change the password: I would like to know does the auto logon feature still work if I change the password.Example, I set the password initially to '123' during enable auto logon. After few days, I manually / use script to change the password. Does the auto logon automatically capture the new...
  6. Windows logon password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows logon password: I made sure the require password box was unchecked at netplwiz. Every time I reboot or start up the lock screen say's "the user name or password is incorrect, try again". When I hit enter the sign-in screen appears asking for the PIN. On the lower left there are two options...
  7. Computer Logon password problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Logon password problems: Reset password and received email from Microsoft confirming change but when I try to log back onto computer I am told I am using an invalid password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-logon-password-problems/9fbcb986-d358-4440-89f0-012513916dad
  8. windows logon password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows logon password: I set my windows to not ask for password by using netplwiz command suddenly how come my pc asked for password at startup I have not changed anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-password/2f1270ed-892f-4adb-8cfb-14170731817f
  9. Cant change windows Logon password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant change windows Logon password: Good Day ladies and gentlemen I have been Happy with windows 10 But I would Like to change my window Logon password through the user account it wont let me Any Advice Thank you 56738
  10. windows 10 update changed my logon password

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 update changed my logon password: windows 10 did an automatic update last night. When I booted up this morning, my pc would not recognize my password. tried login.live.com. to no avail. What is going on? 64499