Windows 10: Windows changes window size after sleep

Discus and support Windows changes window size after sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is not an issue of any urgency. I just don't know the answer and wonder if anyone else might. My computer is new, a couple of weeks old. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Edmund LeRoy, May 5, 2020.

1. Windows changes window size after sleep

This is not an issue of any urgency. I just don't know the answer and wonder if anyone else might.

My computer is new, a couple of weeks old. When I come back to the computer after it's been sleeping, all the open windows have shrunk to a smaller size, and I don't know why. For example, here's a screenshot before sleep:

Windows changes window size after sleep d8edf9ab-8a74-43d8-acfd-6f88d38caf02?upload=true.png

And after sleep:

Windows changes window size after sleep 87398ce2-b2ce-4e11-987b-2cfcd5a31d69?upload=true.png

It's as though Windows is resetting to a smaller screen size or something. Can this resizing be stopped?

Ed

:)

Edmund LeRoy, May 5, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 23, 2020
  3. Roboyt0 Win User
    Window Size for GPU-Z

I don't know if anyone has suggested this before, but it would be rather convenient to add adjusting the size of the GPU-Z window. It would be especially convenient for viewing the whole sensors tab and taking screenshots of it.

Roboyt0, May 23, 2020
  4. Windows changes window size after sleep

increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows changes window size after sleep

1. Windows changes window size after sleep - Similar Threads - changes window size

2. Change default window size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default window size: I would like Windows Media Player on Windows 10 to reopen with the same window size it was closed. Currently Windows Media Player always opens with the window size almost maximised fullscreen but not quite, a few millimetres smaller than the screen. This is despite me...
  3. Change size of windows notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change size of windows notification: I accidently changed the size of windows notification , by pressing some keyboard keys which I don't know as it was happened by mistake , how to change its size back to normal...
  4. Snapped windows change size after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Snapped windows change size after waking from sleep: I've researched and tried multiple things but nothing has worked so far. Switched from a Macbook to Windows 10 for work computer. BetterSnapTool is awesome on Mac. The built-in Snap function for Windows 10 is fine while working, but when the computer goes to sleep,...
  5. Changing the Windows Terminal Size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the Windows Terminal Size: As the title says, I need help changing the size of the new Windows Terminal. I couldn't really find anything that'd help me except initialCols and initialRows but for some reason those don't work for me. Is there another way to change the size of the Windows Terminal?...
  6. Windows change sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows change sizes: Hi,My desktop is a laptop with an external monitor, works quite well. My problem, if you can call it that, is when I'm done for the day, I clear the desktop (Flag+D) then put the computer to sleep. When I awake the computer, all of the open programs have reverted to the size...
  7. Screen Size After Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Size After Sleep: When my computer goes to sleep and then I wake it up, the screen size is bigger than the monitor. So, I can't see my taskbar at the bottom, some of the icons are off the screen, and my start menu is barely on the screen. I can't just simply hit ESC. I have to Restart the...
  8. Windows sleeping after changing power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows sleeping after changing power options: Hey guys, I have a problem where I change the power settings and it doesn't save the settings. After I restart my laptop, the settings do not save and the laptop sleeps after a couple of minutes leaving it unattended. I tried changing the sleep after unattended option...
  9. Window keeps changing sizes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Window keeps changing sizes.: After I upgraded from 7 to 10 I noticed my browser window wouldn't stay at the size I scaled it to on my main monitor when I dragged and dropped a new tab from my other monitor. Also it keeps dropping it a few pixels away from the left edge. Here's a screenshot. [img]...
  10. Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep: I have the Quick Launch toolbar configured with a bunch of icons, and it's set up to be the exact width required for the icons to fit. If I close the lid of the laptop to have it go to sleep, when I bring it back from sleep, the icons have grown larger, so they no longer fit...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows size changes after sleep