Windows 10: Windows changing headset button functions

Discus and support Windows changing headset button functions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a pair of gaming headphones. I don't know the model, but I can find it if needbe. The pair has a little slider that you can put into 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Flyboyfien, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Windows changing headset button functions

I have a pair of gaming headphones. I don't know the model, but I can find it if needbe.

The pair has a little slider that you can put into 2 positions. I never knew this did anything, so I never bothered with it.

A couple weeks ago, the right side stopped playing sound. I was pretty disheartened, as these are only about a year old and I listen to music pretty often.

Tonight I plugged them into my phone and found that the other side worked fine.

When the slider is in the top spot, both sides play. When it is in the bottom one, only one side plays.

What I've figured out is that my laptop, an MSI Raider, mutes the headset entirely when in the top position. This leaves me only able to listen with one ear even when the other side works.

I've updated my drivers but nothing has worked so far.

Is there any sort of program that I can use to make it so my headset is not muted when the slider is in the upper position and instead functions as intended? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

:)

Flyboyfien, Mar 6, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows changing headset button functions :p

cadaveca, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Treetop68 Win User
    5230 and headset WH-701 (function of control buttons)

OK, first of all some information on the case's history (the mobile is from Germany, provided by Deutsche Telekom):

• The mobile came without cd and with a short manual only which says "Some headsets consist of of two parts - a remote control unit and headphones. A remote control unit has a mike, buttons for starting or ending a call, volume control and playing music or
      video. To use a remote first connect it with the Nokia AV-jack, then connect your headset with the remote control" (Translation from German manual) - Hm, seems like the controls of the WH-701 should work...

• Step two: Downloading the full manual from the Nokia website - strange, the part on remote controls is missing but no list of accessories as well - OK, don't panic, look for reference.

Headset WH-701 is listed, look for details: The latest Nokia phones and accessories | Nokia Phones US

A little star with a small text: "Some buttons can not be used with all mobiles. An overview of all compatible Nokia mobiles you can get here:

http://www.nokia.de/produkte/zubehoer/zubehoer-uebersicht/headsets/headsets/nokia-stereo-headset-wh-701/kompatibilitat

• On this list - Tata - once again the 5230 but also (sic!) the little star with "Some buttons can not be used with all mobiles"

• Because the headset is sold in a blister pack a test was not possible - the retailer does not like ripped blisters. And all information he had was - guess what - the clear statement from the website. And the main problem: If it doesn't works - is it a defective
      mobile or just a mobile "with some buttons not working"?
    And after this long runner up especially for chanchan05 showing that the information available is far from clear and I can and do read manuals once again the main question:

Do the media buttons of the WH-701 work with the 5230 or not? Any experiences on that?

Because if the buttons do work I have a warranty case with the mobile - if not I can spare the effort of sending it back.

Treetop68, Mar 6, 2020
  4. FDIM---01 Win User

Windows changing headset button functions

headset buttons

hello, I have nokia 5800 and it is great. I am a bit gamer so I installed quake and quake 2.But its impossible to play them cuz there are not enough physical buttons. So am thinking is there a way to use headset buttons which are used to control music
    player for another function, I found software(virtual key) to change the function for phones butons. Although soft doesnt recieve events from headset buttons,but thats not a problem I can configure it manualy. So does anyone tried to do this? if its possible
    i would like to know hex code of headset buttons.

FDIM---01, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows changing headset button functions

1. Windows changing headset button functions - Similar Threads - changing headset button

2. changing the function of the printscreen button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the function of the printscreen button: Hi,On my laptop, if I press the Print Screen button, it opens the Snipping Tool, but on my Logitech Bluetooth keyboard, if I press the Print Screen button, it directly opens the window in which I can draw the area I want to select. It then also directly copies the image into...
  3. changing the function of the printscreen button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing the function of the printscreen button: Hi,On my laptop, if I press the Print Screen button, it opens the Snipping Tool, but on my Logitech Bluetooth keyboard, if I press the Print Screen button, it directly opens the window in which I can draw the area I want to select. It then also directly copies the image into...
  4. Functions button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Functions button: After update Win 11 23H2 version, The "Windows" button and the "Fn" button have their functions changed. Before, I pressed 'Windows+I' to go to "Setting", now I have to press 'Fn+I'...
  5. Functions button

Functions button: After update Win 11 23H2 version, The "Windows" button and the "Fn" button have their functions changed. Before, I pressed 'Windows+I' to go to "Setting", now I have to press 'Fn+I'...
  6. Keyboard buttons functionalities changed after replacing motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard buttons functionalities changed after replacing motherboard.: My motherboard got water damaged so I had to get it replaced. I got it changed from market, everything is working fine but my function keys having some problem. Like my brightness button was f6 and f7 but now it is being changed with f9 and f10. Keyboard light button is also...
  7. Function buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function buttons: I have a Toshiba Satellite S75-B7396 and I'm wondering how to turn off the function button shortcuts brightness, volume, etc. There are some games that use the function keys and I want to figure out how turn off those shortcuts....
  8. Function buttons

Function buttons: I have a Toshiba Satellite S75-B7396 and I'm wondering how to turn off the function button shortcuts brightness, volume, etc. There are some games that use the function keys and I want to figure out how turn off those shortcuts....
  9. How to change Aftermarket Stylus button functions???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change Aftermarket Stylus button functions???: I've searched high and low all over to find a forum anywhere that can explain to me how to change the button functions on my stylus. I DO NOT have a windows 10 Pro factory pen, I am using a NuVision Stylus that is compatible and works fine on my Microsoft Surface Pro 3. The...
  10. Windows 10 Function Buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Function Buttons: Hi, for some reason, my function buttons (like increasing/decreasing volume) only work when I DON'T press the function key, and this like fullscreen/f11 only work when I press the function button, can someone tell me how to switch them back, cause I don't know how they...