Windows 10: Windows Chat programe Can not type more than a few characters

Discus and support Windows Chat programe Can not type more than a few characters in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to fix a problem with my surface pro but after about 10 characters the type disappears and will not continue I have to type in Notepad and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BarrySymmonsBRS, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Windows Chat programe Can not type more than a few characters

I am trying to fix a problem with my surface pro but after about 10 characters the type disappears and will not continue I have to type in Notepad and copy and paste have tried a reset and blue tooth also turning off IPV 6 to no avail

***Moved from: Surface Pro 4 / Wi-Fi and Internet.***

:)

BarrySymmonsBRS, Oct 12, 2018
  2. tracy2016 Win User

Where can I get the candidate characters while typing in traditional characters?

I am trying to type in Traditional Chinese, but the candidate list does not show at all!

It is impossible to type two keys as you suggested. Is there any way I could type in traditional characters as I do in simplified characters?

Can you help me solve this problem? Many thanks.

tracy2016, Oct 12, 2018
  3. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Windows Chat programe Can not type more than a few characters

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows Chat programe Can not type more than a few characters

1. Windows Chat programe Can not type more than a few characters - Similar Threads - Chat programe type

2. My Asus zenbook will not stay on for more than a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Asus zenbook will not stay on for more than a few seconds.: While doing the latest windows update, my zenbook crashed and now it powers down within seconds of trying to do anything. I can get to bios screen and the blue screen with the repair options, but it won't let me do anything without shutting down. Any thoughts?...
  3. Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds: Hello,I use a Dell XPS 15 computer that runs Windows 10; the device is pretty new less than three years old and as far as i am aware, everything is up-to-date.I utilize a lot of software programs such as Maya, Blender, Adobe products, ect, and up until recently, all of these...
  4. Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds: Hello,I use a Dell XPS 15 computer that runs Windows 10; the device is pretty new less than three years old and as far as i am aware, everything is up-to-date.I utilize a lot of software programs such as Maya, Blender, Adobe products, ect, and up until recently, all of these...
  5. Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Why doesn't Windows allow more than 24 characters login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why doesn't Windows allow more than 24 characters login password: Hi. When I Google the maximum number of characters allowed for a Windows login password it tells me 256 characters but when I try to set a password longer than 24 characters, the field where I type stops at 24. Why is this? Thanks...
  7. Can not create folder which contains more than 255 characters in path and name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not create folder which contains more than 255 characters in path and name: Hello,I am tring to google and find how to make, that my path name and file name can exceed 255 MAX characters. I found 2 solutions. With reg edit The registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\LongPathsEnabled Type: REG_DWORD must...
  8. More than one program maximizing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    More than one program maximizing.: Im new to Windows 10. Lets say I have 2 programs open. Im at the desktop, Why is it when I choose one of them from the task bar, the other one also maximizes behind it? Instead of the program I chose popping up with the desktop in the background, the program I chose pops up...
  9. type a symbol or character representing more or less

in Windows 10 Support
    type a symbol or character representing more or less: How can we type a symbol or character representing more or less, ie. plus minus char. in one place, easily ? 116862
  10. HDD doesnt stay on idle more than a few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD doesnt stay on idle more than a few minutes: Hello I use my WD 1TB blue just for storage. I have Windows 10 x64 CU updated. But on the last weeks my HDD always spins up after a few minutes on idle(i put to idle after 10 minutes on energy settings). So i start digging the cause because it makes that mechanical...