Windows 10: Windows Check for Updates include old BIOS update

Discus and support Windows Check for Updates include old BIOS update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop has been repaired with new HDD, and updated BIOS 317. As I'm trying to update Windows, it shows that I need to download the old BIOS 312. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Resaizu, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Resaizu Win User

Windows Check for Updates include old BIOS update

My laptop has been repaired with new HDD, and updated BIOS 317. As I'm trying to update Windows, it shows that I need to download the old BIOS 312. My Windows is 1809 and I want to update it to 1909 or 2004. What should I do? If I do the update in Media Creation Tool will it download the old BIOS too? I really afraid to download and install that because I encountered a problem; my WiFi adapter cannot start and it seems that the new BIOS has repaired it.

ASUS Fx504gd BIOS - 317; WinVer - 1809

:)

Resaizu, Sep 27, 2020

2. Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Should I update bios?

Lol, there is still so many myths about flashing bios and people actually believe in them. People, this is 2018, not 1998, bios updates are easy and when file is provided by manufacturer themselves then they do RMA gpus, motherboards, mice and all other devices which failed during flashing.

spectatorx, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Windows Check for Updates include old BIOS update

BIOS update

i have momo GA-945PL-S3P(rev. 6.6) BIOS version (f4)
    when i look in gigabyte website i found f5,f6,f7,f8 BIOS versions for my momo.
    do i need to update my BIOS version ?
    if i have to update, shall i install the last one (f8 ) or install each one ?
    is it risky to update my BIOS version because i have no experience in bois update , is there easy step to update my bois?

lover_pharaoh2002, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows Check for Updates include old BIOS update

1. Windows Check for Updates include old BIOS update - Similar Threads - Check Updates include

2. Windows updates BIOS ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates BIOS ?: Question : can or could it be that Windows updates my BIOS ?When I re-install Windows, I go to the BIOS to set my USB key to boot from,Windows installs, but then when I restart Windows - and leave the USB key - it doesn't mention anything, just as if the key is not there.It...
  3. Windows updates BIOS ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates BIOS ?: Question : can or could it be that Windows updates my BIOS ?When I re-install Windows, I go to the BIOS to set my USB key to boot from,Windows installs, but then when I restart Windows - and leave the USB key - it doesn't mention anything, just as if the key is not there.It...
  4. Windows updates BIOS ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update - Check for Updates Not Working

Windows Update - Check for Updates Not Working: Hi People,I'm having issues with receiving window security updates through Settings on my desktop PC. My last update was on the 30th August 2022 at 18:56pm which is 14 days ago. Despite clicking on Check for updates, the button doesn't want to load or do anything. I've never...
  6. Windows Update - Check for Updates Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update - Check for Updates Not Working: Hi People,I'm having issues with receiving window security updates through Settings on my desktop PC. My last update was on the 30th August 2022 at 18:56pm which is 14 days ago. Despite clicking on Check for updates, the button doesn't want to load or do anything. I've never...
  7. Windows Update - Check for Updates Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Check for Windows Update

Check for Windows Update: When my laptop checks for windows updates it returns the following error message 0x800705b4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-for-windows-update/d6b8dd7f-ae58-4cbd-a18c-d23ffe9ad8fe
  9. Windows Update: Checking For Updates "forever" !!

Windows Update: Checking For Updates "forever" !!: Hi all , My windows Update Screen opens and I get the message "CHECKING FOR UPDATES......" . But this is never ending and even if I keep my device on for hours , still I get the same message .. Please someone help me.... And I got the error message with the code 0x800705b4....
  10. Windows Update hung on Checking for updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update hung on Checking for updates: Already restarted PC, stopped service and started it again, and used a different LAN port, and ran troubleshooter...I need help. Edit: ok now its working again as it should. I ran sfc /scannow while it was wonky and came out clean. I had trouble using/getting to Microsoft...