Windows 10: windows check for updates issue detected

Discus and support windows check for updates issue detected in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It says your pc is not up to date and when I check for updates then its not showing any pending updates. How to solve this issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rahulp30, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Rahulp30 Win User

windows check for updates issue detected

It says your pc is not up to date and when I check for updates then its not showing any pending updates. How to solve this issue?

:)

Rahulp30, Oct 14, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 14, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Oct 14, 2021
  4. Siddhagod Win User

Windows 7 x64 not detecting GTX295

Background
    I installed the 295 and it was not detected. So I downloaded 181.22 for Vista x64, but those drivers didn't work for gaming (CTD). So I installed a GTX 8800 and it was detected and drivers installed automatically from Windows Update.

Now I put the 295 back in, and it installed and was able to run games. However, the nVidia control panel was not available, suggesting that the drivers hadn't installed properly... So I deleted the drivers and rebooted. And... again it lists my 295 as a "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and a "3D Video Controler", but no drivers can be found by Windows Update.

Question
    1) Is there anywhere I can download the Windows 7 x64 drivers and install them manually?

2) Any idea how I can get Windows 7 to recognize my GTX295 so that it can download the proper drivers.

3) Have you had the GTX295 install automatically in Windows 7 x64?

Siddhagod, Oct 14, 2021
Thema:

1. windows check for updates issue detected - Similar Threads - check updates issue

2. Check for Windows Update issues Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check for Windows Update issues Detected: I got Check for Windows Update issues Detected when running the troubleshoot. I have tried clean boot, sfc scannow, the restorehealth on cmd, delete the catroot2 and softwaredistribution, even i do the factory reset on my pc but the issue still there.here is the picture of...
  3. Check for Windows Update issues Detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Check for Windows Update issues Detected: I got Check for Windows Update issues Detected when running the troubleshoot. I have tried clean boot, sfc scannow, the restorehealth on cmd, delete the catroot2 and softwaredistribution, even i do the factory reset on my pc but the issue still there.here is the picture of...
  4. check for windows update issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    check for windows update issue: anyone know how to fix this?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-for-windows-update-issue/4e80b090-97d1-42be-b908-a4c8d3da45cb
  5. check for windows update issue

check for windows update issue: anyone know how to fix this?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-for-windows-update-issue/4e80b090-97d1-42be-b908-a4c8d3da45cb
  6. Check for Windows Update issues Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check for Windows Update issues Detected: This is what I receive when I run the Windows Update Troubleshoot. However, when clicking "Check for updates", windows update runs fine and checks properly, saying "You're up to date". Should I be worried about fixing anything?...
  7. Check for Windows Update issues Detected

Check for Windows Update issues Detected: This is what I receive when I run the Windows Update Troubleshoot. However, when clicking "Check for updates", windows update runs fine and checks properly, saying "You're up to date". Should I be worried about fixing anything?...
  8. Check for Windows Update issues

Check for Windows Update issues: Hi, I've been on this issue for a few months, this thing start when I was playing valorant, and then suddenly my laptop crashed, but I'm pretty sure at that time my windows ask me to restart my laptop to update, so after my laptop crashes I decided to force shutdown my laptop...
  9. windows check for updates issue detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows check for updates issue detected: It says your pc is not up to date and when I check for updates then its not showing any pending updates. How to solve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-check-for-updates-issue-detected/9bb53d93-610e-4a2b-bc1f-338adc1cc47e
  10. windows check for updates issue detected

windows check for updates issue detected: It says your pc is not up to date and when I check for updates then its not showing any pending updates. How to solve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-check-for-updates-issue-detected/9bb53d93-610e-4a2b-bc1f-338adc1cc47e