Windows 10: Windows checks for updates, but doesn't find any?

Discus and support Windows checks for updates, but doesn't find any? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows 1020H2 is set to a default update check. When I go to "Windows Update" in Settings, it shows that it has recently checked for updatesfor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rex010, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Rex010 Win User

Windows checks for updates, but doesn't find any?

My Windows 1020H2 is set to a default update check. When I go to "Windows Update" in Settings, it shows that it has recently checked for updatesfor e.g., "Last checked: 10 minutes ago", and shows a "You're up to date" message. But when I manually click on "Check for updates", it actually finds updates like virus definitions etc., and starts downloading and installing them. This means that Windows automatic update check is not working.

I have set my connection to "metered" but I have also turned the "Download updates over metered connections" setting to ON. So why is this happening?

:)

Rex010, Feb 2, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows checks for updates, but doesn't find any? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 2, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows checks for updates, but doesn't find any? [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Feb 2, 2021
  4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows checks for updates, but doesn't find any? - Similar Threads - checks updates doesn't

2. Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates: I am on Windows 10 Pro and to frequently get the latest security update definitions I have scheduled a task to check for signature updates every hour."C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe"-signatureUpdateNow I am faced with notifications from Windows Update the I am...
  3. Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates: I am on Windows 10 Pro and to frequently get the latest security update definitions I have scheduled a task to check for signature updates every hour."C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe"-signatureUpdateNow I am faced with notifications from Windows Update the I am...
  4. Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Get Updates in Microsoft Store doesn't find any updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get Updates in Microsoft Store doesn't find any updates: My applications are not being updated by Microsoft Store. When I try to click Get Updates manually, it tries to fetch the updates but doesn't show any. When I open some app directly in Store, an update is offered and I can manually install it.I noticed following error in the...
  6. Get Updates in Microsoft Store doesn't find any updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get Updates in Microsoft Store doesn't find any updates: My applications are not being updated by Microsoft Store. When I try to click Get Updates manually, it tries to fetch the updates but doesn't show any. When I open some app directly in Store, an update is offered and I can manually install it.I noticed following error in the...
  7. "Check for updates" doesn't return anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Check for updates" doesn't return anything: I go to Settings Update & Security Windows Update. At the top of the window I see:You're not up to dateYour device is missing important security and quality fixes.Below that is a "Check for updates" button. When I click it it appears that it is checking, but after a few...
  8. Microsoft Store doesn't find any updates

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store doesn't find any updates: Hello, I wanted to start to play Flight Simulator as usual but today, it opens the Windows Store waiting for an update of a Gaming Services ?. When I click the 'Install' button, nothing happens... Then I go to 'Download Updates' and click 'Get updates', nothing happens....
  9. Microsoft Store Check for updates doesn't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Check for updates doesn't work: So, when I check for updates, it does nothing. But when I go to the page of a particular app, if this app has an update, it will auto-update. I've looked many solutions, deleted the cache manually located in Packages/Microsoft.WindowsStore/LocalCache, used the 2...
  10. Windows Update doesn't show any new updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update doesn't show any new updates: Even when I manually scan from Windows Update (WU) I don't receive the new Cumulative Updates (CU) from MS (I am not getting KB4505903). I am currently on Win 10 v1903 build 18362.239. This thing happened last month too but I installed the CU manually by downloading it from...