Windows 10: Windows choice folder template chaotic

Discus and support Windows choice folder template chaotic in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I create a new folder on desktop or elsewhere (no files in it yet) it chooses as template "video" or sometimes "music" but not "general items".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PiKo, Jan 14, 2018.

1. PiKo Win User

Windows choice folder template chaotic

When I create a new folder on desktop or elsewhere (no files in it yet) it chooses as template "video" or sometimes "music" but not "general items".
    When I copy nested folders with files, which all have the template "general items", to a new location all these folders get the template "music".
    Changing the template does not give problems. But I am wondering the choices Windows makes.
    W10 build 1709 64 bits

:)

2. neilpzz Win User
    neilpzz, Jan 14, 2018
  3. JohnY128 Win User
    Windows background folder keeps resetting to "pictures" instead of the folder I selected for the slideshow

I'm having the same issue. Tried the following as a solution.

After resetting/choosing your background folder choice.

Open 'gpedit.msc' as Administrator.

Go to Administrative Template | Control Panel | Personalization

Double click on 'Prevent changing desktop Background' and enable it.

JohnY128, Jan 14, 2018
  4. PiKo Win User

Although not yet full-proof, a considerable improvement was reached with unchecking in File Explorer Options: Lauch folder windows in a separate process. I can now live with it.

Thema:

1. Windows choice folder template chaotic - Similar Threads - choice folder template

2. Chaotic photo collection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chaotic photo collection: I run Windows 10 and 11, with Onedrive 1TB storage online. Over the years I have allowed my photo storage to become chaotic, with multiple folders, often with the same name. I have many duplicates, due to photos being stored in more than on place, so that duplicate finding...
  3. Chaotic photo collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chaotic photo collection: I run Windows 10 and 11, with Onedrive 1TB storage online. Over the years I have allowed my photo storage to become chaotic, with multiple folders, often with the same name. I have many duplicates, due to photos being stored in more than on place, so that duplicate finding...
  4. Chaotic photo collection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. folder template auto detection

folder template auto detection: Hi, I would love my windows explorer to always show folders in "list" view pretty simple wish, right?. Now, I understand that this would be silly for, say the desktop, and there may be other folders that have to be except from the general rule. I further understand that...
  6. built-in folder templates

built-in folder templates: hello, i cant find an answer to what i am trying to achieve so i'll appreciate anyone's help.. There are 5 built-in folder view templates General, document, music, videos & picture i know i can change and save the view options in these 5 templates and i found lots of...
  7. Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates: Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knew where the regedit location was for these default templates? I want to change the Picture template from Large to Extra Large. Basically I know of three ways to change folder views: Manually using the view quickbar - which is tedious....
  8. Folder Template Problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Template Problem.: My default folder template in program files and program files(x86) suddenly change to Pictures type template. I don't want to change it manually 1 by 1. And whenever I install a program, the newly created folder template is always Pictures type folder, not the usual...
  9. Change New Folder Name Template in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change New Folder Name Template in Windows: How to: Change New Folder Name Template in Windows How to Change Default New Folder Name Template in Windows A folder is a location where you can store your files. You can create any number of folders and even store folders inside other folders (subfolders). When you...
  10. Change Folder Template in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Folder Template in Windows 10: How to: Change Folder Template in Windows 10 How to Change the Template of a Drive, Folder, or Library in Windows 10 Windows 10 includes five built-in templates that you can select to optimize the view of your drives, folders, and libraries for General Items, Documents,...