Windows 10: Windows claims montior has speakers even though it doesn't

Discus and support Windows claims montior has speakers even though it doesn't in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Asus VZ239HE-W monitor connected through HDMI. According to the ASUS website, this monitor does not have any built-in speakers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnnyGui, May 4, 2021.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Windows claims montior has speakers even though it doesn't

Hello, I have an Asus VZ239HE-W monitor connected through HDMI. According to the ASUS website, this monitor does not have any built-in speakers. However, Windows claims it does according to the Sound settings and it has even set it as the default speakers with the model name of the monitor shown. I can not hear anything (even though it's enabled in settings) but when clicking on "Test" to let Windows send a sound signal to the monitor, I can see the level bars going up. The monitor does not have an audio jack plug either. How is this possible?

:)

JohnnyGui, May 4, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows claims montior has speakers even though it doesn't [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 4, 2021
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, May 4, 2021
  4. Tobbe Win User

Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

Windows claims montior has speakers even though it doesn't ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Windows claims montior has speakers even though it doesn't d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device Windows claims montior has speakers even though it doesn't :(

Windows claims montior has speakers even though it doesn't DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped Windows claims montior has speakers even though it doesn't :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows claims montior has speakers even though it doesn't - Similar Threads - claims montior has

2. Account doesn't exist, even though it does?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account doesn't exist, even though it does?: I've been trying to get my Microsoft account back for over a year now and I finally got to the point to where I can reset the password on my account. The problem is when I try to put in my email to sign in, it tells me "That Microsoft account doesn't exist." Someone put their...
  3. Account doesn't exist, even though it does?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account doesn't exist, even though it does?: I've been trying to get my Microsoft account back for over a year now and I finally got to the point to where I can reset the password on my account. The problem is when I try to put in my email to sign in, it tells me "That Microsoft account doesn't exist." Someone put their...
  4. Account doesn't exist, even though it does?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My laptop is claiming it doesn't have Bluetooth, even though it does.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is claiming it doesn't have Bluetooth, even though it does.: I have an HP Pavilion 15, that was purchased in January 2023. I use Bluetooth earbuds Samsung brand and have been using them to connect to my laptop since I had it, and never had any issues, today I tried connecting but the laptop kept saying the connection failed, I tried to...
  6. My laptop is claiming it doesn't have Bluetooth, even though it does.

My laptop is claiming it doesn't have Bluetooth, even though it does.: I have an HP Pavilion 15, that was purchased in January 2023. I use Bluetooth earbuds Samsung brand and have been using them to connect to my laptop since I had it, and never had any issues, today I tried connecting but the laptop kept saying the connection failed, I tried to...
  7. My laptop speaker has no sound even though it says it's working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop speaker has no sound even though it says it's working: My laptop is a asus zenbook 14. When I went to Youtube and play a video there'd be a spaeker icon on the chrome's tab, and when I test the audio in settings it shows that it's making sound, but there's just no sound coming out. I tried most of the common solution online but...
  8. My laptop speaker has no sound even though it says it's working

My laptop speaker has no sound even though it says it's working: My laptop is a asus zenbook 14. When I went to Youtube and play a video there'd be a spaeker icon on the chrome's tab, and when I test the audio in settings it shows that it's making sound, but there's just no sound coming out. I tried most of the common solution online but...
  9. why does the sound remain on the speaker even though it has been connected to the headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why does the sound remain on the speaker even though it has been connected to the headset: I use bluetooth on windows 10 the problem is in the sound, even though the bluetooth has been connected to the headset, the sound is still on my laptop speaker. I looked at YouTube to find a solution, but the same was not detected by the laptop, this is the first time I asked...
  10. No connection to internet though Windows claims to be 'Connected'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No connection to internet though Windows claims to be 'Connected': I have an odd error on my Windows 10 (Version 1607- Build 14393.576) machine - I am on a LAN connection to my router, and the network status is 'Network Internet Access' but I don't have any connection to the internet through Outlook, Firefox and Edge (there may be others...