Windows 10: Windows claims "No Internet" for my Ethernet connection, but the connection works fine

Discus and support Windows claims "No Internet" for my Ethernet connection, but the connection works fine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I access the Network and Internet settings on my PC is states that I'm not connected to the internet even though it works perfectly fine. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gandalf., May 27, 2020.

1. Gandalf. Win User

Windows claims "No Internet" for my Ethernet connection, but the connection works fine

When I access the Network and Internet settings on my PC is states that I'm not connected to the internet even though it works perfectly fine. I originally discovered the issue when I couldn't connect to the Xbox Live servers to play the Halo Master Chief Collection on Steam. I've looked through several other forum posts on this website as well as a few others, but nothing seems to fix my issue. Some solutions I've already tried to no avail are:
    -Network reset, both through the windows troubleshooter and cmd prompt

-Disabling and Reenabling my ethernet adapter

-Using the built-in Services tool to reenable specific services

Please respond with any possible solutions!

:)

Gandalf., May 27, 2020
  2. Wile E Win User

how to connect the ethernet and make it work

You need to enable Internet Connection Sharing on the ethernet port in Windows to use your lappy as a router.

Wile E, May 27, 2020
  3. Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

Windows claims "No Internet" for my Ethernet connection, but the connection works fine 189114715.png

imperialreign, May 27, 2020
  4. akhlaq768 Win User

Windows claims "No Internet" for my Ethernet connection, but the connection works fine

Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

Trying to connect to the Internet using my Laptop. (not via the wireless router, but through the Ethernet cable)

My existing PC is connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable, which is connected to the Broadband Modem (Virgin).

What I have tried to do, is take the Ethernet cable from my PC and connect it to the Laptop... Unfortunately, the Laptop isnt connecting to the Internet...

I have tried repairing the Network, with no success.

I am using the same cable, which was connected to the PC...

I do get error messages, when I click on repair in the Network Connection Tab. Its says it cannot assign an IP address.

I am Using Windows XP Home Edition.

I've tried using the Ping via cmd ping localhost or 127.0.0.1

I get the following results -

Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0(0%0)

Also done the following -

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab.
    4. Under Dial-up and VPN Settings, click the broadband connection, click Settings, and then click Automatically detect settings.
    5. Click OK.

..... with no luck

What do I do guys?

akhlaq768, May 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows claims "No Internet" for my Ethernet connection, but the connection works fine - Similar Threads - claims Internet Ethernet

2. Wifi & Ethernet connected with no connection. But it seems to working fine on my other device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi & Ethernet connected with no connection. But it seems to working fine on my other device.: This problem has been around for 1 month now. The first thing I do was buying a new Wi-Fi adapter. The problem is somewhat solved but suddenly, my PC can't connect again. Here's the summary:- My PC is connected to my home Wi-Fi, but no connection. The same happen with the LAN...
  3. Ethernet showing not connected but working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet showing not connected but working fine: Hello,as the title says my Ethernet is showing not connected but its working fine. I also cant use any Microsoft related ProgrammsMicrosoft Store, online search in Powerpoint.... I dont know what to do and i have tried everything. I also cannot access my Network Settings....
  4. Ethernet showing not connected but working fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet showing not connected but working fine: Hello,as the title says my Ethernet is showing not connected but its working fine. I also cant use any Microsoft related ProgrammsMicrosoft Store, online search in Powerpoint.... I dont know what to do and i have tried everything. I also cannot access my Network Settings....
  5. Ethernet showing not connected but working fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Showing no connection but internet is working fine

Showing no connection but internet is working fine: Hi, we are using Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1202] and we are facing issue "Showing no connection but internet is working fine" Outlook and Teams are not working .We had check the registry setting...
  7. Ethernet is connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work.

Ethernet is connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work.: Today my PC suddenly stopped working with anything internet related, doesn't reach websites on Google Chrome, apps like Discord and Steam went offline. But Ethernet status hasn't changed, it still shows that it's connected. First my IPv6 connectivity had no internet...
  8. claims internet connection is needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    claims internet connection is needed: When I tried to print out a return label for Amazon, instead of going straight to my printer as prints normally do it opens up a window to sign in through Microsoft. So I jump through all the hoops signing in and giving my password. It tells me I need an internet connection...
  9. Ethernet shows connected but not connecting to internet, WI-FI working fine.

Ethernet shows connected but not connecting to internet, WI-FI working fine.: Hello!! Until today morning I have been able to get on the internet using a Ethernet cable. But suddenly now I cannot connect using a cable no matter how many times I use a different cable. However I'm still able to connect by using Wi-Fi, but when I plug in my Ethernet...
  10. No connection to internet though Windows claims to be 'Connected'

No connection to internet though Windows claims to be 'Connected': I have an odd error on my Windows 10 (Version 1607- Build 14393.576) machine - I am on a LAN connection to my router, and the network status is 'Network Internet Access' but I don't have any connection to the internet through Outlook, Firefox and Edge (there may be others...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no internet connection windows 10 network problem