Windows 10: Windows Clean Installation Problems

Discus and support Windows Clean Installation Problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok... I have an old Asus T100taf and i just did a clean install of windows 10 x32 from usb, and apparently some things are not working. For one, there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jjQG, May 22, 2023.

1. jjQG Win User

Windows Clean Installation Problems

Ok... I have an old Asus T100taf and i just did a clean install of windows 10 x32 from usb, and apparently some things are not working. For one, there is no sound, and the troubleshooter does not help. Second, the battery logo on the bottom is nowhere to be found, and if I go into the settings to look for it, it says it is turned on. I think a reason this is not working, is because in control panel, the power options, only has balanced, nothing else, and I cant add anything. Third, the sleep does not work. When I close the lid, nothing happens, and if i hit sleep in the power menu, it just goe

:)

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 22, 2023
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 22, 2023
  4. Wile E Win User

Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/02/28/perform-a-clean-install-with-a-vista-upgrade-disc

Wile E, May 22, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows Clean Installation Problems - Similar Threads - Clean Installation Problems

2. Problems with a clean Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with a clean Windows installation: I have a few problems with reseting my pc.Windows setting:When i try to reset my pc in the settings of Windows it gives me the error message: no recovery partition found. I tried fixing it but nothing seems to work. in videos they say i need to enable reagentc. The problem is...
  3. Problems with a clean Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with a clean Windows installation: I have a few problems with reseting my pc.Windows setting:When i try to reset my pc in the settings of Windows it gives me the error message: no recovery partition found. I tried fixing it but nothing seems to work. in videos they say i need to enable reagentc. The problem is...
  4. Problems with a clean Windows installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Clean Installation Problems

Windows Clean Installation Problems: Ok... I have an old Asus T100taf and i just did a clean install of windows 10 x32 from usb, and apparently some things are not working. For one, there is no sound, and the troubleshooter does not help. Second, the battery logo on the bottom is nowhere to be found, and if I go...
  6. Windows Clean Installation Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Clean Installation Problems: Ok... I have an old Asus T100taf and i just did a clean install of windows 10 x32 from usb, and apparently some things are not working. For one, there is no sound, and the troubleshooter does not help. Second, the battery logo on the bottom is nowhere to be found, and if I go...
  7. Clean Windows Installation Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Windows Installation Problem: I'm stumped. I have a 6-year old hp Notebook 17ak012cy with 8 GB RAM and a fast CPU. Recently, it became slower and slower to boot and finally it just froze at the hp Logo and now does not boot at all. The hhd passed S.M.A.R.T. but FAILED the Short Disk Self Test, so I...
  8. Clean Windows Installation Problem

Clean Windows Installation Problem: I'm stumped. I have a 6-year old hp Notebook 17ak012cy with 8 GB RAM and a fast CPU. Recently, it became slower and slower to boot and finally it just froze at the hp Logo and now does not boot at all. The hhd passed S.M.A.R.T. but FAILED the Short Disk Self Test, so I...
  9. Clean Windows Installation Problem

10. clean install problems

clean install problems: Can't get serial number to take, windows7 is activated. When I try windows 10 it says serial number wrong?, product id is bottom of labtop. If I use a serial number program it comes up with different serial?. This is a legal copy of windows 7 home,did I download wrong...