Windows 10: Windows clean up tool won't clean update folder

Discus and support Windows clean up tool won't clean update folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've ran WIndows update successfully ,I've tried running the update troubleshooter,and it was OK. I keep showing it needs to clean 9.65 GB every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Beer4Don, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Beer4Don Win User

Windows clean up tool won't clean update folder

I've ran WIndows update successfully ,I've tried running the update troubleshooter,and it

was OK. I keep showing it needs to clean 9.65 GB every time even though it completes the cleaning process.

:)

Beer4Don, Jan 12, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Cleaning up SSD??

*Big Grin Windows clean up tool won't clean update folder :Dim trying to free up some space on a full 120 ssd , looking into my windows folder ive allready cleaned up the downloaded installs folder, now im looking at,

C:/windows/installer

this looks to be a folder of previouse updates too, can i delete all these?.

theoneandonlymrk, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Recon-UK Win User

Cleaning a keyboard and keyboard advice?

Thanks guys for cleaning advice.

Any keyboard suggestions? i will clean this out then and put in storage as a spare.

Recon-UK, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows clean up tool won't clean update folder - Similar Threads - clean tool won't

2. Cleaning up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cleaning up space: [ATTACH]are those files safe to delete? I need to clean up my SSD storage :D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cleaning-up-space/2812011b-4116-4185-9894-646e0b17d140"
  3. cleaning up computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cleaning up computer: My computer is running slow. Are Cleanup programs safe? Does removing broken registry keys, junk files and so forth help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/cleaning-up-computer/0b776977-c711-4c21-ab4f-f3944afa9482
  4. Win update not cleaning up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win update not cleaning up: I tick system files when doing my weekly clean up and confirm to delete but when I check the update filrs are still there even after a reboot, Any ideas? Thanks, Mike [img] 92993
  5. Windows Update Clean-up files 3.99TB

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Clean-up files 3.99TB: Windows 10 just installed the latest update. It did take a little longer than usual to restart. I went to do a clean-up and backup before shutting down for the night and it claims I have 3.99TB of old Windows Update files. The fact I only have a 500gb SSD drive, I find...
  6. How to Clean Up c:\windows\installer Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Clean Up c:\windows\installer Folder?: I've just installed Kaspersky Total Security 2017 and enabled Trusted Applications Mode. This asked me to review various files in the c:\windows\installer folders. I noticed there is quite a lot of 'garbage' in this folder including programs I no longer have installed. Is...
  7. disc clean up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disc clean up: hi, is it safe to delete windows update clean up files.thanks 53494
  8. Disk Clean up tool

Disk Clean up tool: When I run the disk cleanup tool, it leaves over 5 GB of files in IE Temp files. CCleaner does not remove them either. [img] 79688
  9. how to clean up bloated windows folder

how to clean up bloated windows folder: I have a windows 10 laptop with a bloated windows folder -- almost 40 gb. on my windows 10 desktop it is just 15 gb. that's reasonable. back to the problematic laptop: I ran windows disk cleanup, with system files cleanup, and it doesn't find anything big. I checked...
  10. Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder.: Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder. I am finding a driver is there, by name IntcDAud.sys. Here it is 439kb and the same is there in Windows\system32\drivers also. Though I am not worried as space occupied is very less, I wanted to know, why clean up is not deleting...