Windows 10: Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor

Discus and support Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, so I recently got a second monitor and noticed, that the ClearType subpixels were absolutely fucked on my second monitor. At first, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FrappyTex, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor

Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor Gx-6GLrAltbOBmubi2OCCVRKkagV6j447OtGV9EeHU8.jpg

Hi, so I recently got a second monitor and noticed, that the ClearType subpixels were absolutely fucked on my second monitor. At first, I thought it was the monitor's issue, then I fiddled around for a while, trying to make things better with ClearType tuner which turned out to be completely useless since it didn't change anything. Finally, I decided to switch my monitors and turns out, ClearType just doesn't want to work on a second monitor and everything is always fine on the first monitor. Solid text looks fine, but folder/file names and anything interactable with text on it just looks completely and utterly fucked. Below is a zoomed in example of what it looks like.

https://preview.redd.it/z2ridtjyw92...bp&s=340b094dafb287463bed013b044b0de4ba0e1b67

submitted by /u/FrappyTex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FrappyTex, Dec 2, 2019

2. How to reset ClearType text to factory settings in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

How to Make Text Easier to Read using ClearType in Windows 10

• To get to the ClearType take an entry to the
      Control Panel and select the Display option.
    • On the right pane of the Display window click on
      Adjust ClearType Text link.
    • A ClearType Text Tuner window will appear on your screen. Select the
      checkbox Turn on ClearType and click
      Next button to go to the next step
    • After turning on the ClearType
      Text Tuner, you will see five windows exhibiting the samples of the text that you wish to set.
    • So click Next on the following five sample windows by selecting your required text type.
    • On the appearance of last window click Finish after completing the tuning of the text for your monitor.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Dec 2, 2019
  3. IE9: ClearType forced on

Is your problem on this iiyama ProLite E2607WS-1 (1920x1200 26" LCD)? I'm surprised. Or are you operating the monitor in portrait mode?

May i suggest setting display dpi to 120, then run cleartype tuner (download from MS)

Of course, we wouldnt need to bother with cleartype if we had higher pixel density displays! *Pimp Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor :pimp:

Completely Bonkers, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor

Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor

1. Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor - Similar Threads - ClearType fucked second

2. Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second Monitor: My primary computer is WIN 10 Home 64bit. I don't know how to find the build. I also have a second computer, a WIN 7 Pro 64bit. In January I will disconnect the WIN 7 computer from the internet. However, I will still keep the WIN 7 computer active. I want to set up a dual...
  3. second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    second monitor: hp laptop wont connect to second screan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-monitor/673a9e9f-730c-42c1-855a-a35251f3fe41
  4. [Monitor] Second Monitor Lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Monitor] Second Monitor Lagging: Good Morning Everyone; I've recently run into an issue after this past Tuesday's Win10 update (Running Win10 build 1903 as of October-2019). I've got two monitors, both NEC AccuSync LCD93VX (one runs direct VGA to vid-card, the other runs a DVI-bypass through a StarTech...
  5. Recognizing a Second Monitor

Recognizing a Second Monitor: Hello. I recently got a second monitor for my computer. The one I have had is an ASUS monitor, and the new one is a Samsung with 4k resolution. I use two video cards with my setup and I have one monitor plugged into one each (Nvidia Geforce GTX 780). If I open up my driver, I...
  6. second monitor

second monitor: does not detect second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-monitor/656e1bb1-f609-495a-9a68-65984e9a9f85
  7. second monitor

second monitor: trying to use a second monitor. dispays in settings does not detect a second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/second-monitor/18038c0a-0b02-4419-bf8d-ded60e88807a
  8. Second Monitor Lag

Second Monitor Lag: Hey. My second monitor has enormous amounts of lag when connected. I use Windows 10, my second monitor is 1920x1080, while my original monitor where the DVD recorder is located is 1600x900. It lags on the 1080p monitor, while the default monitor works flawlessly. How do I...
  9. Second Monitor

Second Monitor: I recently upgraded my motherboard to the Asrock fatality H97 and I am having a problem I didn't face with my old one, which was a z87 plus. When I installed my new motherboard and started up my pc. It seemed to work perfectly. I hooked up my second monitor in the same...
  10. Windows 10 and Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 and Second Monitor: Hi Ya, I have a noodle scratcher. I just purchased an Acer Monitor (R0 R240HY). It works great on my Raspberry Pi. I then tried it on my computer with Linux Mint, no problem. I then dual boot back to Windows 10, and for the life of me, can't get windows to detect that...