Windows 10: Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor

Discus and support Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, so I recently got a second monitor and noticed, that the ClearType subpixels were absolutely fucked on my second monitor. At first, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FrappyTex, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor

Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor Gx-6GLrAltbOBmubi2OCCVRKkagV6j447OtGV9EeHU8.jpg

Hi, so I recently got a second monitor and noticed, that the ClearType subpixels were absolutely fucked on my second monitor. At first, I thought it was the monitor's issue, then I fiddled around for a while, trying to make things better with ClearType tuner which turned out to be completely useless since it didn't change anything. Finally, I decided to switch my monitors and turns out, ClearType just doesn't want to work on a second monitor and everything is always fine on the first monitor. Solid text looks fine, but folder/file names and anything interactable with text on it just looks completely and utterly fucked. Below is a zoomed in example of what it looks like.

https://preview.redd.it/z2ridtjyw92...bp&s=340b094dafb287463bed013b044b0de4ba0e1b67

submitted by /u/FrappyTex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FrappyTex, Dec 2, 2019

2. How to reset ClearType text to factory settings in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

How to Make Text Easier to Read using ClearType in Windows 10

• To get to the ClearType take an entry to the
      Control Panel and select the Display option.
    • On the right pane of the Display window click on
      Adjust ClearType Text link.
    • A ClearType Text Tuner window will appear on your screen. Select the
      checkbox Turn on ClearType and click
      Next button to go to the next step
    • After turning on the ClearType
      Text Tuner, you will see five windows exhibiting the samples of the text that you wish to set.
    • So click Next on the following five sample windows by selecting your required text type.
    • On the appearance of last window click Finish after completing the tuning of the text for your monitor.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Dec 2, 2019
  3. IE9: ClearType forced on

Is your problem on this iiyama ProLite E2607WS-1 (1920x1200 26" LCD)? I'm surprised. Or are you operating the monitor in portrait mode?

May i suggest setting display dpi to 120, then run cleartype tuner (download from MS)

Of course, we wouldnt need to bother with cleartype if we had higher pixel density displays! *Pimp Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor :pimp:

Completely Bonkers, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor

Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor

1. Windows ClearType fucked on second monitor - Similar Threads - ClearType fucked second

2. Windows Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Second Monitor: So, I have this issue where it says that Windows 11 'didn't find a second display' but this image says otherwise. What can I do to make this work? I used an HDMI splitter for this....
  3. Windows Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Second Monitor: So, I have this issue where it says that Windows 11 'didn't find a second display' but this image says otherwise. What can I do to make this work? I used an HDMI splitter for this....
  4. Windows Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cleartype

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cleartype: For those of you that think your text on Windows is a little blurry try this submitted by /u/Deathdar1577 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qkd3mu/cleartype/
  6. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  7. Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second Monitor: using a second monitor the app font-size is so small I can hardly read it. How can I change the app font-size on the second monitor with also changing the host PC. Second monitor is by Virzen....
  8. Cleartype won't calibrate on extended monitor

Cleartype won't calibrate on extended monitor: I have a Lenovo x1 connected to an eGPU with RX570 that powers my 4k + 2k monitor. The 2k monitor's text looks fuzzy so I tried to calibrate ClearType on it but whenever I try, it doesn't proceed through the calibration process. Right when I click next I get the message that...
  9. AIO Boot fucked Windows

AIO Boot fucked Windows: This happened with me recently when I was actually using network boot and even though I didn't touch my ssd on which windows is installed it corrupted the boot. I had an instinct that this has happened and so I flashed a pen drive with my windows copy from Microsoft...
  10. fuck

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    fuck: i just wanted to say fuck lol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fuck/78e3dc17-7504-4e8b-843c-52ae37730ebf

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cleartype tuner windows 10 small window cannot move to second monitor