Windows 10: Windows client guidance for IT Pros to protect against speculative

Discus and support Windows client guidance for IT Pros to protect against speculative in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows client guidance for IT Pros to protect against speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities Applies to: Windows Server 2016 Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 14, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Windows client guidance for IT Pros to protect against speculative

Read more: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erabilities-in

See also:

:)

Brink, May 14, 2019
  2. Fabler2 Win User

Windows Client Guidance against speculative execution vulnerabilities

Just had a reply from the forums that my Laptop was not listed as is already protected. Hmmm. See how it goes as replied with two images,

Windows client guidance for IT Pros to protect against speculative [​IMG]

and

No UEFI bios update being offered up to now,

Fabler2, May 14, 2019
  3. Bree Win User

...but an OS patch is, and has already been included in the latest cumulative update.

Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.228 - Aug. 14

4. Eagle51 Win User

Sorry, when I said InSpectre told I'm good ... I actually meant that it said I was protected and that it showed System is Spectre Protected YES, yet showed the Enable Spectre Protection button, which If I clicked on it never actually did anything and made me question if I was actually protected. After the BIOS update it shows System is Spectre Protected YES and the Disable Spectre Protection Button.

Before BIOS Update

After BIOS Update

Eagle51, May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows client guidance for IT Pros to protect against speculative - Similar Threads - client guidance Pros

2. Microsoft CVE-2017-5715: Guidance to mitigate speculative execution side-channel...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft CVE-2017-5715: Guidance to mitigate speculative execution side-channel...: Microsoft CVE-2017-5715: Guidance to mitigate speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilitiesMicrosoft CVE-2017-5753: Guidance to mitigate speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilitiesMicrosoft CVE-2017-5754: Guidance to mitigate speculative execution side-channel...
  3. Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware

Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware: With Windows 10 is it necessary to subscribe to third party anti-virus software such as Norton or Avast. or is the Windows 10 capable of stopping any and all threats? What are the settings that should be turned on? I am a senior with very poor knowledge of technology. Please...
  4. Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware: With Windows 10 is it necessary to subscribe to third party anti-virus software such as Norton or Avast. or is the Windows 10 capable of stopping any and all threats? What are the settings that should be turned on? I am a senior with very poor knowledge of technology. Please...
  5. Protection Against Ransomwares

Protection Against Ransomwares: Does the Microsoft know all about ransomware? Microsoft's persons can catch them but...deal [Original Title: Protactions] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-against-ransomwares/9dcfe6bc-8fa9-424d-a8cb-488a7095f186
  6. Surface Guidance for speculative execution side-channel vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Guidance for speculative execution side-channel vulnerability: Surface Guidance to protect against speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities Applies to: Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, Surface Studio, Surface Pro (latest), Surface Laptop, Surface Pro with LTE Advanced, Surface Book 2 - 13 inch, Surface Book 2 - 15 inch...
  7. SQL Server Guidance against speculative execution vulnerabilities

in Windows 10 News
    SQL Server Guidance against speculative execution vulnerabilities: SQL Server Guidance to protect against speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities Summary Microsoft is aware of a new publicly disclosed class of vulnerabilities referred to as “speculative execution side-channel attacks” that affect many modern processors and...
  8. Azure Stack Guidance against speculative execution vulnerabilities

in Windows 10 News
    Azure Stack Guidance against speculative execution vulnerabilities: Azure Stack guidance to protect against the speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities Summary Microsoft is aware of a new publicly disclosed class of vulnerabilities referred to as “speculative execution side-channel attacks” that affect many modern...
  9. Windows Server Guidance against speculative execution vulnerabilities

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server Guidance against speculative execution vulnerabilities: Windows Server guidance to protect against speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities Summary Microsoft is aware of a new publicly disclosed class of vulnerabilities that are referred to as “speculative execution side-channel attacks” that affect many modern...
  10. Windows Client Guidance against speculative execution vulnerabilities

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Client Guidance against speculative execution vulnerabilities: Windows Client Guidance for IT Pros to protect against speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities Summary Microsoft is aware of a new publicly disclosed class of vulnerabilities that are called “speculative execution side-channel attacks” that affect many...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. featuresettingsoverride 72