Windows 10: Windows client trust relationship lost

Discus and support Windows client trust relationship lost in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We recently use the Offline Domain Join ODJ.exe utility to remotely re-deploy a DirectAccess Client GPO settings to a fleet of Windows users that lost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MatrixDude, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Windows client trust relationship lost

We recently use the Offline Domain Join ODJ.exe utility to remotely re-deploy a DirectAccess Client GPO settings to a fleet of Windows users that lost the DirectAccess client due to a DA server rebuild. The majority seem to be fine, but we recently noticed on 5-7 clients that the domain trust relationship is broken for some reason and we manually need to re-add the PC to the domain. This is a pain since most of those users are working from home due to the pandemic. I spent countless hours trying to figure out what may be run, or if there any experts ton DirectAccess technologies that can assist. I am not 100% convinced is a DA issue and it may be coincidental at this point. As for the device losing the trust, I am trying also to figure out why is happening. We are at a lost stage :- Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-access/directaccess/directaccess-offline-domain-join

:)

MatrixDude, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Facecard Win User

Trust Relationship Issue

I have an HP 8200 Elite computer running Windows 10 v. 1903. It is in a domain setting with a DHCP address. It is connected to a Windows 2003 server.

I have one computer that has a frequent problem with the trust relationship between server and client. The computer has been joined to the domain and has a specific name.

Randomly when trying to logon to the computer a message will appear regarding the "trust relationship" on this computer. I have to disjoin and rejoin it to the domain and it is fine afterwards.

Is there something that is breaking the relationship?

Facecard, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Facecard Win User
    Trust Relationship

I have an HP computer running Windows 10 (2004) and it is in a domain environment. The server is a 2003- yes I am aware that it is old and outdated- this computer has a trust relationship issue.

When a teacher tries to login using their own account they will choose OTHER and attempt to sign in to the domain. Unfortunately they can't because of the trust relationship issue.

I have removed this computer from the domain and I rejoined it without any problems. After the computer restarts the teacher will try to sign in again and is successful.

After a successful sign in the teacher tries to sign in AGAIN and is not able to because the trust relationship once again is broken.

Aside from the obvious thought, using a 2003 server and a newer OS, is it common for a Windows 10 computer to break the trust relationship?

Facecard, Oct 15, 2020
  4. samanfard Win User

Windows client trust relationship lost

Trust relationship between client and domain controller faild

Our Primary Domain Controller physically failed and now is
    off . Then I had to seize FSMO rolls to
    additional DC in our Domain .All needed rolls seized successfully ( netdom query shows the succession ) . but now I can not get session to the shared folders on servers or any client in domain by
    ip ( \ client-or-server-ip )and the message "
    the trust relationship between this workstation and primary domain controller failed " is shown . plus I
    have not any problem in Login to servers or clients and remote desktop is ok plus take session with name of server or client is ok
    but ip is not working and the mentioned message above is given . Can any body help ???

samanfard, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows client trust relationship lost

1. Windows client trust relationship lost - Similar Threads - client trust relationship

2. Domain Trust Relationships keeps failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Domain Trust Relationships keeps failing: hello everyone,i have 3 VMs running on windows 11 pro. The users login from india remotely and the trust relationship with domain keeps failing about 3-4 times a day. I know how to to fix the issue of trust relationship but i want to know why it is happening so much per day?...
  3. Domain Trust Relationships keeps failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain Trust Relationships keeps failing: hello everyone,i have 3 VMs running on windows 11 pro. The users login from india remotely and the trust relationship with domain keeps failing about 3-4 times a day. I know how to to fix the issue of trust relationship but i want to know why it is happening so much per day?...
  4. After update KB5028166 trust relationship broken.

After update KB5028166 trust relationship broken.: After update KB5028166 is installed the trust relation between the windows 10 pc and our old samba domain controller is broken. After removing the KB5028166 update the trusted relation is good again. How can we fix the trusted relation with the samba domain controller and...
  5. Windows Server 2019 trust relationship lockout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2019 trust relationship lockout: I have Windows 2019 Server set up with AD DC.I have only added 2 computers to this domain to test security and added GPO's and all was going well until I tried to log in to the server and got this message:“The security database on the server does not have a computer account...
  6. Windows Server 2019 trust relationship lockout

Windows Server 2019 trust relationship lockout: I have Windows 2019 Server set up with AD DC.I have only added 2 computers to this domain to test security and added GPO's and all was going well until I tried to log in to the server and got this message:“The security database on the server does not have a computer account...
  7. Trust Relationship Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trust Relationship Issues: All the computers on my domain have domain trust issues. I am able to login perfectly into the domain without cached credentials but the following always happens: What errors do you see? PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> test-computersecurechannel False The secure channel always...
  8. Trust Relationship

Trust Relationship: I have an HP computer running Windows 10 2004 and it is in a domain environment. The server is a 2003- yes I am aware that it is old and outdated- this computer has a trust relationship issue. When a teacher tries to login using their own account they will choose OTHER...
  9. the trust relationship between this workstation and the domain failed

the trust relationship between this workstation and the domain failed: I am trying to map to a share on a VMware virtual server and I keep getting the trust relationship between this workstation and the domain failed error message. I have tried every conceivable suggestion on the web to resolve this issue including adding removing the computer...
  10. Trust Relationship Issue

Trust Relationship Issue: I have an HP 8200 Elite computer running Windows 10 v. 1903. It is in a domain setting with a DHCP address. It is connected to a Windows 2003 server. I have one computer that has a frequent problem with the trust relationship between server and client. The computer has...