Windows 10: Windows clients using NTLM when connecting to print server

Discus and support Windows clients using NTLM when connecting to print server in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've noticed spoolsv.exe is using NTLM authentication when connecting to network printers, even though when I use klist on my workstation it shows I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShaunApple, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Windows clients using NTLM when connecting to print server

I've noticed spoolsv.exe is using NTLM authentication when connecting to network printers, even though when I use klist on my workstation it shows I have kerberos tickets for:cifs/192.168.1.1 ip address of print servercifs/serverNamecifs/serverName.domain.local cifs/serverCname.domain.localhost/serverName.domain.local host/serverNameAll of these kerberos tickets reference the print server, am I missing some other server nomenclature that deals specifically with printing?

:)

ShaunApple, Apr 18, 2022
  2. Rachid128 Win User

Not able to connect to print server

Hi, I am not able to connect to printers from Windows 2016 print server when a client is running Windows 2003 32 bits. I get an access denied message. Even when the user is domain admin. I get the same error message when trying to use print management
    to remotely manage the server. I know that Windows 2016 has improved security but I need to know what causes the issue. Is it by design or is there a something that can be changed on the OS level to allow connection from clients running Windows 2003 32 bits.
    Thank you.

Rachid128, Apr 18, 2022
  3. CharlieB. Win User
    Windows 10 Native NFS client - does any print support exist to any supported NFS servers?

Hi all,

I was wondering if the Windows Native NFS client supports connecting to print shares....(assuming print sharing is supported by any NFS Servers out there, such as the Windows Server 2012 or 2016 NFS server).

I have used the Linux SAMBA client to print to SMB Servers, so wondering if this same capability exists in the Windows Native NFS client.

Thank you for any information!

~Charlie

CharlieB., Apr 18, 2022
  4. Windows clients using NTLM when connecting to print server

Windows 10 client doesn't load the print driver from the XP print server

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

Which Printer drivers are installed in #2 computer? Windows 10 or Windows XP?

Are you facing any issues with Printer after installing Windows XP drivers in #3 Computer?

I suggest you to Stop and Start the Print Spooler services by following the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R key, type services.msc
      and press Enter.
    • From the list, locate Print Spooler service.
    • Double click on the service and select Stop and click on
      Apply
      and OK.
    • Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.
    • Double click on the service and check if the service is started.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

Windows clients using NTLM when connecting to print server

1. Windows clients using NTLM when connecting to print server - Similar Threads - clients using NTLM

2. Use pktmon to solve problem with client connecting to Windows Home Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use pktmon to solve problem with client connecting to Windows Home Server: Yes, I still use WHS even though it's old and likely not secure but it has come in very handy in the past. My old WHS became unstable so I installed it on a different server. I ran the WHS connector on laptop A all laptops are Windows 10 and everything went fine. I then ran...
  3. Use pktmon to solve problem with client connecting to Windows Home Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use pktmon to solve problem with client connecting to Windows Home Server: Yes, I still use WHS even though it's old and likely not secure but it has come in very handy in the past. My old WHS became unstable so I installed it on a different server. I ran the WHS connector on laptop A all laptops are Windows 10 and everything went fine. I then ran...
  4. Use pktmon to solve problem with client connecting to Windows Home Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Print server 2019 and Win 10 clients

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print server 2019 and Win 10 clients: I have a very simple question that I used to maybe know but times have changed! It is about adding a printer from the Win 2019 print manager on a Win 10 client, simple right? So I should note that we are in a Win 2019 domain, and that as a tech we have access to local admin...
  6. Print server 2019 and Win 10 clients

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print server 2019 and Win 10 clients: I have a very simple question that I used to maybe know but times have changed! It is about adding a printer from the Win 2019 print manager on a Win 10 client, simple right? So I should note that we are in a Win 2019 domain, and that as a tech we have access to local admin...
  7. Print server 2019 and Win 10 clients

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows clients using NTLM when connecting to print server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows clients using NTLM when connecting to print server: I've noticed spoolsv.exe is using NTLM authentication when connecting to network printers, even though when I use klist on my workstation it shows I have kerberos tickets for:cifs/192.168.1.1 ip address of print servercifs/serverNamecifs/serverName.domain.local...
  9. Windows clients using NTLM when connecting to print server

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows clients using NTLM when connecting to print server: I've noticed spoolsv.exe is using NTLM authentication when connecting to network printers, even though when I use klist on my workstation it shows I have kerberos tickets for:cifs/192.168.1.1 ip address of print servercifs/serverNamecifs/serverName.domain.local...
  10. How to setup a server and clients using wired connections?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to setup a server and clients using wired connections?: Hi, can someone point me towards a good guide that will help me setup my office's wired network with one main server through which all the traffic goes while filtering everything I have blocked? Also, I have a 5 port hub, can I work with it or do I need a bigger switch?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com