Windows 10: Windows closes all applications on sleep

Discus and support Windows closes all applications on sleep in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes all the applications I had open would be force closed. When I reopen chrome, it says 'restore tabs' which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KennethZhou1, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Windows closes all applications on sleep

When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes all the applications I had open would be force closed. When I reopen chrome, it says 'restore tabs' which means that chrome had been forcibly closed by something. I have attempted to enable hybrid sleep but it is not an option on the version of windows I am running. Something else I observed is that when on the login screen, the background image seems to be blurrier than usual, and the login time take 3-5s longer than normal.Any help is appreciated.

:)

KennethZhou1, Oct 16, 2021

2. Sleep closes applications

Hi Gonzo,

Improper power configuration or outdated BIOS are some of the factors that can prevent the sleep function to work properly. As an initial step to prevent the programs/applications from closing upon wake up, we suggest that you reset
    the power settings to default. To do this follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Under Preferred plans, click the Change plan settings link for the plan that you're currently using.
    • Click the Restore default settings for this plan link. Click
      Yes if prompted.
    • Click the Save changes button.
    • Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

In the event that you encounter the same issue, our next option is to check if
    BIOS is updated. To do this, we suggest that you contact the device manufacturer or check their support site on how to properly update it.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly.
    Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of
    BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Sleep Mode closes all applications

When I wake up my laptop from sleep it appears to have closed all the applications including chrome tabs and word documents. With word it is causing a lot of lost material.

This started happening back in January, and I still haven't found a fix - Please suggest something.

Karimu Corbeek, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Windows closes all applications on sleep

Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows closes all applications on sleep

1. Windows closes all applications on sleep - Similar Threads - closes applications sleep

2. All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10: Suddenly all of our applications across the board are closing when a PC goes to sleep. This has never been an issue before and we've had many people upset. I have checked all settings and this should not be happening. Currently each person has the proper sleep/hibernate...
  3. All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10: Suddenly all of our applications across the board are closing when a PC goes to sleep. This has never been an issue before and we've had many people upset. I have checked all settings and this should not be happening. Currently each person has the proper sleep/hibernate...
  4. All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?: Since I installed Windows 11 when my PC goes to sleep, all applications are closed and when I turn PC on, it starts from zero so all documents need to be recovered.There are cases in which sleep mode works fine but those are kind of exceptions. I don´t know what to do to...
  6. Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?: Since I installed Windows 11 when my PC goes to sleep, all applications are closed and when I turn PC on, it starts from zero so all documents need to be recovered.There are cases in which sleep mode works fine but those are kind of exceptions. I don´t know what to do to...
  7. Windows closes all applications on sleep

Windows closes all applications on sleep: When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes all the applications I had open would be force closed. When I reopen chrome, it says 'restore tabs' which means that chrome had been forcibly closed by something. I have attempted to enable hybrid sleep but it is not an option on the...
  8. Windows closes all applications on sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows closes all applications on sleep: When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes all the applications I had open would be force closed. When I reopen chrome, it says 'restore tabs' which means that chrome had been forcibly closed by something. I have attempted to enable hybrid sleep but it is not an option on the...
  9. All windows closed after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All windows closed after sleep: Hi reddit, New to windows world so apologies in advance.... but when I close my laptop and it goes to sleep at night, when I open it again, all the windows are closed. After some searches, I've found that hybrid sleep tends to fix this, but also discovered that my XPS 9300...
  10. All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

All applications close when laptop goes to sleep: I have a brand new XPS 13 9380. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep it exits out all of the applications that were open. How do I fix it so they don't close out? Thanks...