Windows 10: Windows closes Apps when going to standby since update

Discus and support Windows closes Apps when going to standby since update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since there seems to be no official bug reporting tool for windows, I'll post may problem and its solution here, since I think it may be useful to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-MvB, Nov 7, 2019.

1. /u/-MvB Win User

Windows closes Apps when going to standby since update

Since there seems to be no official bug reporting tool for windows, I'll post may problem and its solution here, since I think it may be useful to others:

Recently, my fully updated Samsung Galaxy Book 12 (Windows tablet) started to close all apps (not desktop programs!!) immediatly after going into standby. I found nothing on the internet concerning this problem.

If you have the same problem, uninstall the following update: KB4522355

It was installed on my machine on the 3rd of November 19. Uninstalling it seems to have solved the problem.

Cheers

submitted by /u/-MvB
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-MvB, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Windows closes Apps when going to standby since update

Windows Apps automatically closes

hey,

I suggest you to perform the following steps one by one and check if it helps.

• Running the App troubleshooter
    Run the App troubleshooter named Windows store Apps from control Panel and check if it helps.

If not then,

• Perform System File Check (SFC)
    Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

If still not helps then,

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows closes Apps when going to standby since update

1. Windows closes Apps when going to standby since update - Similar Threads - closes Apps going

2. Monitor Not Going To Standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Not Going To Standby: Hello,I had this issue with Windows 10 it was randomly working sometimes not. I upgraded to win 11 still the same. It's a fresh install. I contacted MSI they weren't able to help. said it was a windows issue.Now, before suggesting me basic troubleshooting steps. I have been...
  3. Monitor Not Going To Standby

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Not Going To Standby: Hello,I had this issue with Windows 10 it was randomly working sometimes not. I upgraded to win 11 still the same. It's a fresh install. I contacted MSI they weren't able to help. said it was a windows issue.Now, before suggesting me basic troubleshooting steps. I have been...
  4. Apps closing when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps closing when laptop lid is closed: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface and all my open apps force close when the laptop lid has been closed overnight. I've checked all previous solutions posted on this site and nothing works. Very Annoying, can someone help resolve asap? ? It really shouldn't be this...
  5. Monitor Going to Standby and Need to Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Going to Standby and Need to Restart: Hi, Recently my brand new monitor has been suddenly going to standby and the only way to wake it is to turn my PC off and on again. I previously had a dual monitor set-up and was having the same issues, so I know it isn't the monitor. I have Googled the issue and it...
  6. Laptop will not go to sleep when closing the lid.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop will not go to sleep when closing the lid.: [ATTACH] Hey guys, hoping someone can help me here. My school issued laptop will not go to sleep when i close the "lid". It will only sleep if I click the start button and select sleep, which is fine, however; sometimes I just close it up out of habit, and when I come back...
  7. Microsoft apps oppen but then go black and close

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft apps oppen but then go black and close: This has never happend to me but when i open sea of thives cuphead etc they just close imidetly that is just starting to happend to Solitari and others it dosent give me any crash errors it only opens and closes imidietly and i tried to install and unintall before all of this...
  8. Windows 10 closes all apps when going to Standby or Sleep

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 closes all apps when going to Standby or Sleep: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your Windows 10 computer close all open apps when going into standby or sleep mode, or closes them on waking up, then you might want to continue reading this post till the end – we will prescribe possible solutions [...] This post Windows 10 closes all...
  9. Remote computer freezes when closing RDC since Windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote computer freezes when closing RDC since Windows 10 1903 update: After updating to Windows 10 1903 I found my Remote Desktop Connections would freeze the remote computer when I closed the session (using the X as I usually do). I would then have to reboot the remote computer in order to log into it either locally or remotely. After many...
  10. How to run task when app is open and close it when app is closed?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to run task when app is open and close it when app is closed?: Hi there, I'd like to know how I can run a specific file (a single executable that runs in the background by default/AHK script) the moment a specific program launches and close when that app is closed Windows 10 Pro x64 Kind regards 105255